Wish list complaints and wins!
1 3
1 3
Posted by eldrad12000

Also as I am a VIG and I am well aware of the ongoings with my group I am letting everyone who reads this know, do not worry. We will NEVER get early access to event reg. It just won't happen.

Posted by alans eldrad12000

eldrad12000 wrote:
What I would like for future years is for events that are on your wish list to don't conflict with others. Only when trying to add them to the cart should they conflict if they are overlapping. That way if I put in for an event for me and my friends but only get say 2 tickets, but would have been able to get tickets for another event during the same time for the whole group, both events would go in, and I would have to choose which one to keep.
Thereby blocking everyone behind you for 2 hours when you decide to make a decision?  Multiplied by 20,000 people?

Posted by sstalker23

My list had items for myself as well as for friends so we could play together.  I ended up processing first out of our group and went through the purchase process, got my emails saying I was confirmed (yada yada).  An hour later my friends list processed and it purchased one of the events for us both again.  Not sure why if he already had tickets it would go through and even try to re-purchase tickets as he was already booked for the time slot.  So I ended up getting another email saying that my friend had also booked tickets for the same event for us.  However when I look at my schedule I only see 1 ticket for the event.  

It looks like he WAS billed for this ticket even though he already had a ticket.  Any ideas on how this is going to be resolved?  I can't cancel the ticket as I only have 1 ticket.  If I cancel then I lose the event.

Posted by jpederso

I was #1828 when I pushed the button at Noon (EST).  Processed quickly (23 minutes?) and got a good number of my selections - 9 of 33 with a couple being fall backs.  Regarding how to allow for more events available later in the queue - would it be possible/fairer to cap the number of events you can get?  Maybe 6 or so?  So the first ones in don't get a fully stocked cart and leave some for the others down the line.  Perhaps VIGs would continue to get an  unlimited number as a perk.  Just a thought.

Posted by quarex

My friends got one event between the four of us, made all the funnier by my friend having all his other would-be ticket purchases thwarted by a first-time attendee he added to his friends list who put my buddy in games without giving a heads-up that he was doing it, haha.  Ah, the friends ticketing system.

Posted by selene314 eldrad12000

eldrad12000 wrote:
What I would like for future years is for events that are on your wish list to don't conflict with others. Only when trying to add them to the cart should they conflict if they are overlapping. That way if I put in for an event for me and my friends but only get say 2 tickets, but would have been able to get tickets for another event during the same time for the whole group, both events would go in, and I would have to choose which one to keep.
That IS how it works.
You can put events in your wishlist that conflict with each other. When it successfully puts one in your cart it will skip over the other events that conflict.
You can select what it should do when fewer tickets than you want are available: accept those or take none of them so that you can try to get your whole group into a different event.

Posted by hobbun

I got 4 out of 6 events, but the 2 I missed were my highest priority. Basically my PFS events. Wanted to give 2e Pathfinder a try again and not going to be able to do so as the two events I signed up for filled up quickly.

I don't remember the PFS events filling up that quickly in prior Gen Cons. I was able to get 4-6 PFS events over the weekend without too much issue. I think they may have less tables/GMs this year since before 2020. Hopefully they will add more, I continue to check the event log.

Posted by dwe113 random_axcess

random_axcess wrote:
I do have an grand idea for next year! Maybe gencon could add a real time grey out of our wish lists as we wait in the que... it would be like a slow morose decent into madness as our lists slowly become sold out.
@marimaccadmin this could be a kaizen idea!
Does it not already grey out the events as they are sold out?  I even commented on that to my friends during our wait in the everchanging line yesterday

Posted by hobbun dwe113

dwe113 wrote:
random_axcess wrote:
I do have an grand idea for next year! Maybe gencon could add a real time grey out of our wish lists as we wait in the que... it would be like a slow morose decent into madness as our lists slowly become sold out.
@marimaccadmin this could be a kaizen idea!
Does it not already grey out the events as they are sold out?  I even commented on that to my friends during our wait in the everchanging line yesterday

Huh, that's strange. As ours (my friend and mine) did not grey out while waiting.

I know it has in the past, so when my wish list processed and none of my events greyed out, I thought I was good. However, when checking my results, 2 of my 6 events were sold out.

So not sure if it's supposed to do it or not.

Posted by quarex

None of mine were greyed out as I waited for my 3,000something number to tick down, and they were all sold out once I reached the front of the queue.

Posted by dwe113

that's weird, I actually took a screenshot to show to my friends as they greyed out

Posted by dwe113

Posted by quarex

It did update them as soon as I clicked the "check out" button, and I saw half of them were sold out-sold out and the other half just did not have enough tickets for me.  Oh well, ultimately it had no impact on things at least, haha.

Posted by ccapps

I don't sweat the event lottery. I sign up, sometimes get an event, and sometimes don't. The reason I don't let it get to me is twofold:

1) I run a couple events that I want to play. I'd suggest this for everyone, it adds more events and guarantees you'll get to play.

2) I've literally never gone to an event where I couldn't get in with generic tickets. Someone almost always double-books, decides they'd rather have a nap, or the game can easily add another player without difficulty for the GM. 

Posted by ladye qwaserity

qwaserity wrote:
I started to do my victory dance when I got 1206. My brother-in-law (FIRST TIME ATTENDEE) asks, "I got 937, is that a good place in the queue?"
Well, after over a decade of 5,000+, the husband and I got 300's and 200's in line.

Posted by lore seeker

I have a feeling my place in the 5500s was karmic balancing for drawing a 12:02 p.m. time for the hotel block.

Posted by eldrad12000 selene314

selene314 wrote:
eldrad12000 wrote:
That IS how it works.
You can put events in your wishlist that conflict with each other. When it successfully puts one in your cart it will skip over the other events that conflict.
You can select what it should do when fewer tickets than you want are available: accept those or take none of them so that you can try to get your whole group into a different event.
Sorry, I mistyped. I was meaning that I wanted to be able to have events on my wishlist that overlap be able to transfer to my cart, and only be blocked out once I actually purchase something. But someone made a good point that this could slow things down even more so, I withdraw my suggestion as I did not really think of the issues that it would cause.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3
1 3