What date are badges being mailed
Posted by xanathon

I bought a house and will be moving late June/early July. When will badges be mailed out so I know if I need to change my address to have my badge mailed to my new house. 

Posted by colbrook

The refund date is June 17 2022, I believe this is when they start printing and mailing the badges.

Posted by nesbit37

I would just switch to will call.  It isn't worth potentially missing the package.

Posted by mpagnotta310

Per the “My Packets” page, fulfillment begins June 19th.

I would second changing the delivery to Will Call.

Posted by helenbb

I believe that USPS has free mail forwarding for a year, so you shouldn't miss your badges, even if thy are sent to the old address.

Posted by xanathon

I won't be changing to Will Call as I don't want to stand in that insane line.  I will just take care of it on my end to make sure it is delivered.

Posted by quarex

I would say I do not understand the hate for will call, but my ex- basically started to get visibly flustered and upset if she was waiting in a line that had not moved for more than a minute or so.  Whereas I am pretty sure I would forget I was even standing in a line unless I did not move for like 30 minutes.

Posted by notavailableeither

Do you have a friend who lives near your new residence?  You can ask to have your badges and tickets mailed to that friend.  That way you don’t risk the mail forwarding delays and avoid the will-call line.

Posted by ndgeekboy

Another option might be if both residences are relatively near each other, you could have your mail held by the post office until the move's finished, pick it all up, then set up the forwarding.

Posted by notavailableeither

Another thought - do you have any friends attending?  You can have your packets sent to them and then they’ll bring everything to you 

Posted by mikeboozer xanathon

xanathon wrote:
I bought a house and will be moving late June/early July. When will badges be mailed out so I know if I need to change my address to have my badge mailed to my new house. 

Badges begin mailing on June 21st and continue until about July 1st.
Packets should arrive buy July 8th for most people.

We print and ship alphabetically A-Z of your last name.

Mike 

Posted by mikeboozer

Packets returned to us for any reason are not re-mailed but are available for pick up at the Will Call kiosk.

You must let us know that you have a returned packet as they are handed directly to you sealed.

If it is not returned to us and listed/marked as lost by USPS then we will replace  the contents.

We get about 100-150 of these returned every year.

Mike

Posted by xanathon mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
xanathon wrote:

Packets should arrive buy July 8th for most people.We print and ship alphabetically A-Z of your last name.
Mike 
Mike,

Thanks for the info. Are signatures required for the package or will USPS just leave it in the mailbox?

Posted by mikeboozer xanathon

xanathon wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
xanathon wrote:

Packets should arrive buy July 8th for most people.We print and ship alphabetically A-Z of your last name.
Mike 
Mike,Thanks for the info. Are signatures required for the package or will USPS just leave it in the mailbox?

Signatures are required! Info can be found here:

https://www.gencon.com/gen-con-indy/your_badge

DELIVERY OPTIONS
USPS PRIORITY MAIL (Default Option)
This delivery option provides you with fast three-to-five day shipping for $12 and includes tracking and signature confirmation for your peace of mind.

• The Gen Con fulfillment team will combine all purchases made through your account prior to the Ship to Me deadline into one convenient shipment.
  • Your items will begin shipping out after the Ship to Me deadline on June 17, 2022, at 11:59 pm (Eastern).
  • You can track your packet once it has shipped via your My Packets page.
  • 100% Replacement Guarantee: If your shipment is confirmed to be lost by the USPS, your convention materials will be replaced at no cost to you. (Gen Con cannot replace items that have been marked as delivered.)
  • You can update your shipping method through your My Packets page until the Ship to Me deadline on June 17.

Posted by del_grande mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
xanathon wrote:

Mike 

Since a signature is required, will there be any tracking information sent out? I'm pretty sure it's possible to contact USPS and have the package held at your local post office if you know you won't be home to pick it up, but you need some tracking number to identify it first. (It used to be that the deliverer would put a note on your door or in your mailbox, then either you had to indicate on the note to leave it at the post office and put the note on your door (and hope it didn't fall off or blow away) or you could call a number and tell them to tell the post office to hold it (and hope that they got the message).)

Posted by helenbb

FWIW, they have said 'signature required' for the past few years and I don't think I've had to sign for my badges since... 2016, maybe? They're just put in the mailbox like all other Priority Mail packages. I do get tracking info, though.

But if you have mail forwarding, the post office will forward to the new address and THEN require the signature (presuming that they would do that).

Posted by mikeboozer del_grande

del_grande wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
xanathon wrote:

Mike 

Since a signature is required, will there be any tracking information sent out? I'm pretty sure it's possible to contact USPS and have the package held at your local post office if you know you won't be home to pick it up, but you need some tracking number to identify it first. (It used to be that the deliverer would put a note on your door or in your mailbox, then either you had to indicate on the note to leave it at the post office and put the note on your door (and hope it didn't fall off or blow away) or you could call a number and tell them to tell the post office to hold it (and hope that they got the message).)

Once it ships we have tracking on your "My Packets" page.

Posted by mikeboozer helenbb

helenbb wrote:
FWIW, they have said 'signature required' for the past few years and I don't think I've had to sign for my badges since... 2016, maybe? They're just put in the mailbox like all other Priority Mail packages. I do get tracking info, though.
But if you have mail forwarding, the post office will forward to the new address and THEN require the signature (presuming that they would do that).

Your mileage may vary depending on your local post office and how they handle it.

Not everyone's postperson will just drop it in your mailbox...we have too many returns marked "Tried to deliver" returned to sender" for that to be the case!

Mike

Posted by donaldbain

FYI You can ‘pre-sign’ for a package at the post office.  This will let them leave the pack in your mailbox.

Posted by mpagnotta310 donaldbain

donaldbain wrote:
FYI You can ‘pre-sign’ for a package at the post office.  This will let them leave the pack in your mailbox.
Similarly, you can also call your local post office when the package comes in and tell them to hold it there, then sign for it and pick it up. It’s what I’ve done since I started attending.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.