BIPOC Lounge
( Locked)
Posted by ndgeekboy surrealrain

surrealrain wrote:As I recall we got a bit of this when female creators were highlighted and had several seminars etc several years ago in the wake of gamergate.

I've been out of the gaming loop for several years now. For context purposes, what was "gamergate"?

Posted by dragongears mikeboozer

[This post has been removed]

Posted by cinnibar dragongears

dragongears wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
We will have a statement to put out, but you will need to be patient.

The longer you sit around with your thumbs up your asses the worse it will get. A forum member put together a press release off the top of their head that is ten times more clear and effective. It probably took them all of five minutes.

Chill.  Forum members don't have to get input from others to make official statements, or to run it by any legal team, planning meetings, etc. over a long holiday weekend when no one is working 8-5, and they likely will run it by the partnership for the lounge obviously. Bureaucracy moves at the speed of continental drift.

Posted by dragongears cinnibar

Posted by donaldbain dragongears

Posted by lanogironu ndgeekboy

ndgeekboy wrote:
surrealrain wrote:As I recall we got a bit of this when female creators were highlighted and had several seminars etc several years ago in the wake of gamergate.

I've been out of the gaming loop for several years now. For context purposes, what was "gamergate"?

To not derail the thread, that's one best googled and researched on own. Plenty of info including time lines out there 

Posted by mikeboozer cinnibar

cinnibar wrote:
dragongears wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
We will have a statement to put out, but you will need to be patient.

The longer you sit around with your thumbs up your asses the worse it will get. A forum member put together a press release off the top of their head that is ten times more clear and effective. It probably took them all of five minutes.

Chill.  Forum members don't have to get input from others to make official statements, or to run it by any legal team, planning meetings, etc. over a long holiday weekend when no one is working 8-5, and they likely will run it by the partnership for the lounge obviously. Bureaucracy moves at the speed of continental drift.

Amen 

Posted by random_axcess

Just to close out the thread GenCon did post a reply locked updated statement on their facebook which looks to have removed any of the previous vague language some where concerned/questioning about.

Posted by boute001

So the space is strictly meant for attendees of color per the Facebook post 2 hours ago.  Got it.

Posted by dsmart

Posted by squirecam dsmart

Wow. People have been asked kindly to stop this behavior on the forums. 

If you dont like the policy then you can simply choose not to attend. 

Posted by mikeboozer

I agree.

This has run it's course. Locking the thread. 

Mike

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 2 4