Vaccine Wristband Questions
Posted by grud

Any word on how durable the "Vaccine" Wristband will be? Can we shower while wearing it if we can't remove it? 

Also:
Do we have to put it on as soon as we get it?
Is it removeable?

Posted by joho

We haven’t been explicitly shared the band material- they mentioned ‘plastic’ at one point- assumptions have been Tyvek  or Plastic kinda like the hospital bands. The band is not designed to be removed- they want people not to interchange them. 

if it is Tyvek it should hold up in a shower and if it is plastic hospital band type it definitely will. 

Assume that the vaxx check stations will put the band on you to make sure it fits and isn’t loose enough to remove. 

Posted by grud joho

joho wrote:
We haven’t been explicitly shared the band material- they mentioned ‘plastic’ at one point- assumptions have been Tyvek  or Plastic kinda like the hospital bands. The band is not designed to be removed- they want people not to interchange them. 
if it is Tyvek it should hold up in a shower and if it is plastic hospital band type it definitely will. 
Assume that the vaxx check stations will put the band on you to make sure it fits and isn’t loose enough to remove. 
Yeah, back when they announced them, I'd thought about asking if we can get a couple of them when we checked in (because Showers ARE a thing!), but yeah in the next second my thought was they wouldn't want people giving one "To a Friend", so I did NOT ask about that.  =D 

I take my watch off when I sleep, and Fortunately haven't been in the Hospital very often.  I doubt wearing it 4 nights will do me any harm.  =D

Thanks for the info!

Posted by joho

If it is really bugging you you can always get a new one every day. Would be a matter of weighing the level of your discomfort wearing it over many days against the hassle of getting in the vaxx station line every day

Posted by donaldbain

Any word on how durable the "Vaccine" Wristband will be? Can we shower while wearing it if we can't remove it? 
Also:
Is it removeable?
​​​​​​​

Being removable and not having it put on immediately would defeat the purpose of having them.

Posted by mikeboozer grud

grud wrote:
Also:
Is it removeable?

They will be durable.
They are not removable.

Designed to be worn the whole convention.

You can always show your info and get a new one at the Vaccination station if yours is removed.

Mike

Posted by neutrinobunny

I went to RTX about a month ago, and they had the exact same thing.

The wristbands there were metallic foil plastic and you could easily shower with them on.

After 4 days, mine basically looked the same as the day i put it on.

Think a rigid mylar, as opposed to the almost 'paperish' plastic you'd usually get at a festival.

Posted by jimdigris

On the bright side of things, if "Gencon" is stamped on it, it will become a collectable.

Posted by quarex

Oooh, and what if they were numbered?  "Yeah, I was 8th in the vaccine line in 2K22 *smug grin*"

Posted by armadilloal

Congratulations, you've just made a physical NFT.

Posted by shrike522

So I can get a new verification every day I’m at gencon?

Posted by austicke shrike522

shrike522 wrote:So I can get a new verification every day I’m at gencon?

Yes, but why would you want to?

Posted by shrike522

If people can get a new wristband every day then hypothetically they can cut it off and give it to someone who is unvaxed and then get a new one.

Posted by austicke shrike522

shrike522 wrote:If people can get a new wristband every day then hypothetically they can cut it off and give it to someone who is unvaxed and then get a new one.

Yes, some people break the rules. Horrible.

Posted by helenbb

As long as they are not Tyvek. We had those at SDCC last week and they were a disgusting mess by the end of the con.

Posted by neutrinobunny shrike522

shrike522 wrote:
If people can get a new wristband every day then hypothetically they can cut it off and give it to someone who is unvaxed and then get a new one.
And why would a cut-off band be accepted?  Show up with a cut band and they'd be told, "Sorry, that one isn't acceptable, go get a new one." 

Posted by mikeboozer neutrinobunny

neutrinobunny wrote:
shrike522 wrote:
And why would a cut-off band be accepted?  Show up with a cut band and they'd be told, "Sorry, that one isn't acceptable, go get a new one." 

A cut off wrist band is not acceptable to be clear. You would be denied entry to any event. 

Mike

Posted by lisamaynard

[This post has been removed]

Posted by ymen090

[This post has been removed]

Posted by mbeauparland

I know it's super early to even wonder, but will the bands be a feature next year?

It may be irrational, but having to wear the band 24 hours a day was one of the few negatives I experienced this year and hate to think it's the shape of things to come....

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.