Special Badge for Game Masters?
Posted by leontes

Heyo! First time GenCon exhibitor. I'm bringing a team of four with me (two for the booth, two to help run our Events) and I was curious which badge I need to buy my event runners.

Just a regular Exhibitor badge? Is there a "Game Master" designation they will need?

Posted by marimaccadmin

No one needs a Game Master badge to run events; those are simply badges offered to some gaming groups in advance.  Anyone can run events with any kind of badge.  Your team can run events with exhibitor badges, or regular attendee badges.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by bluemax

If you need to get in to the gaming hall BEFORE 8am on Thursday only, then I have found you need a GM badge

Posted by derekguder

GM badges do not provide any special access - they function just like attendees badges, so if any of your staff need to get into the exhibit hall early or late, you will need to assign them exhibitor badges.

Otherwise, any badge type will suffice, basically.

And a GM badge should not be required to enter the event hall on Thursday morning. It should simply be open at 7 am for GMs and players to enter, set up, and sort themselves out. If you are stopped, just explain that you are running a game and they should let you through.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by leontes

Ah okay. I asked mostly because I don't actually see a "game master" badge on the shop. Just Exhibitor, 4-day, Trade Day, etc.

Posted by garhkal leontes

leontes wrote:
Ah okay. I asked mostly because I don't actually see a "game master" badge on the shop. Just Exhibitor, 4-day, Trade Day, etc.

You don't see it, cause its something that the Convention assigns to those doing enough games to Earn a free badge (OR more)..  Someone just doing 1-2 events, thus doesn't qualify.

BUT on a comical note..
of course you need a special GM badge, to get into the inner circle of the masters of games.  Additionally you will need to prove your proficiency in the 18 fingers of death hand slap maneuver, and recite the game master oath while standing on your head and shooting lightning bolts from your rear end.
Just like Masons and the Skulls, we take membership in this holy order of dice tossers, seriously..
Well as seriously as anyone playing games for a long time can ever be..

Posted by derekguder leontes

leontes wrote:

You won't see a GM option until you email [email protected] to specifically request a badge allocation, and include the number of badges you need, your group name, and anyone else you want to authorize to pick up or make changes to your badges onsite.

Details are in the Event Host Policy and on the Host page.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by weeble1000 leontes

leontes wrote:
Heyo! First time GenCon exhibitor. I'm bringing a team of four with me (two for the booth, two to help run our Events) and I was curious which badge I need to buy my event runners.
Just a regular Exhibitor badge? Is there a "Game Master" designation they will need?

Hey man! Congrats on being at the con!

Are you rocking Entrepreneur Avenue too? What's your booth number?

Posted by leontes

I'm not sure if it's Entrepreneur Avenue (I don't think so) but I will be running the Sirlin Games booth, #3020 :D

Maybe someone will be kind enough to teach me the secret handshake, or at least the password that I must speak into the wall three times to access the ancient archives

Posted by brotherbock leontes

leontes wrote:
I'm not sure if it's Entrepreneur Avenue (I don't think so) but I will be running the Sirlin Games booth, #3020 :D
Maybe someone will be kind enough to teach me the secret handshake, or at least the password that I must speak into the wall three times to access the ancient archives

Then we will look deep within our hearts, and assign you a number based on the order in which you joined. 

Posted by weeble1000 leontes

leontes wrote:

You'd know if you were in Entrepreneur Avenue. We had to fight through a rigorous application process ;). 

I gotta say, your website looks sharp!

Posted by garhkal

Yea.  Just survive the dungeon o doom and you get the job!

New Post Sign in to write a new post.