Looking to Lead Events for 1st time at Gen Con
Posted by portanas

I am interested in running a few board games.  This is the first time I have considered running events at the con.  I want to do this to help make this a great con despite all the challenges.  These are all board games that I am willing and able to teach and run.  There are a lot of publishers represented here.  I am willing to do it independently.  I just don't know how all this works.  

Terraforming Mars
Battlestar Galactica
Lords of Waterdeep
Tyrants of the Underdark
Pandemic
Jaws
Firefly - The Board Game
Star Trek: Ascendency
Red Dragon Inn
Splendor
Azul
Dungeons and Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt
Star Wars X-wing Miniatures (1st Edition)

These are all board games that I am willing and able to teach and run.  There are a lot of publishers represented here.  I am willing to do it independently.  I don't know how all this works.  

Posted by derekguder

You'll want to familiarize yourself with the Host page and Event Host Policy, and the Tips for New EOs and GMs will likely be helpful, too.

Unfortunately, this year we aren't able to accommodate independent GMs, though, so for 2021 you have 2 choices if you want to run games at the show:

1. Bring (some of) those games and set up in the expanded open gaming area to connect with other attendees.

2. Reach out to an existing gaming group or company (or find other people to make your own group with) and offer to run events in their space.

The latter approach will give you the added benefit of getting a chance to learn from folks who have run events at the show before, but both will give you some sense of how things work before you start planning for 2022 or beyond.

-
Derek Guder
Director of Events
Gen Con LLC

Posted by boardcrunch portanas

portanas wrote:
I am interested in running a few board games.  This is the first time I have considered running events at the con.  I want to do this to help make this a great con despite all the challenges.  These are all board games that I am willing and able to teach and run.  There are a lot of publishers represented here.  I am willing to do it independently.  I just don't know how all this works.  
Terraforming Mars
Battlestar Galactica
Lords of Waterdeep
Tyrants of the Underdark
Pandemic
Jaws
Firefly - The Board Game
Star Trek: Ascendency
Red Dragon Inn
Splendor
Azul
Dungeons and Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt
Star Wars X-wing Miniatures (1st Edition)
These are all board games that I am willing and able to teach and run.  There are a lot of publishers represented here.  I am willing to do it independently.  I don't know how all this works.  

We need help with X-Wing from your list. Let me know if you are still looking to do so.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.