Messages to players who are signed up for an event?
Posted by fowgencon94

Last year there was a button on the GM Dashboard for an event to send a message to all the people who are signed up for an event - did that go away this year? or am I looking in the wrong place?  I can't find it.  I did set up a message that goes out when folks buy a ticket but it was great last year to be able to send folks updates and reminders as we get closer.

Posted by mikeboozer fowgencon94

fowgencon94 wrote:
Last year there was a button on the GM Dashboard for an event to send a message to all the people who are signed up for an event - did that go away this year? or am I looking in the wrong place?  I can't find it.  I did set up a message that goes out when folks buy a ticket but it was great last year to be able to send folks updates and reminders as we get closer.

It has not been activated yet.

It will be activated eventually.

Mike

Posted by derekguder

The event messaging system will launch a few weeks before the convention, to avoid spam and keep communication focused.

-
Derek Guder
Director of Events
Gen Con LLC

Posted by delugeia

Is this still in the works?

We would like to send messages to participants in the Transgender 101 and Ally 101 panels asking them to submit questions and reminding them of the sensitivity of the panel.

-- Jeff Sorensen / Tabletop Gaymers

Posted by derekguder

Yes, it should be live now, actually - event messaging was scheduled to activate about 3 weeks before the convention this year.

-
Derek Guder
Director of Events
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.