EO/GM Email: Early Event Submission Ends Feb 19 & Attendee Housing Opens Feb 12
Posted by derekguder

Early Event Submission Ends February 19

The first deadline is around the corner: early event submission ends February 19 - just over a week away.

Event submitted during the early submission period are reviewed and placed before other events, so make sure to get your schedule in as soon as possible to make it more likely we can accommodate any special requests you might have for space or specific times.

If you have any questions about the submission or placement process, don't hesitate to ask: you can email us at [email protected] or visit the GM forum. Many question are answered on the Host page or in the Event Host Policy, but if you need help, just reach out.

Attendee Housing Opens Sunday

As a quick reminder, attendee housing opens on Sunday. If you need to get a room, make sure to buy your badge before midnight (eastern) tonight and you'll be given a randomized access time to the general block on Sunday. If you get your badge after that midnight deadline, you will be at the back of the queue, so don't wait until the last minute.

GM badges do not provide access to the attendee housing block and they will not be assigned before Sunday anyway.

For more information on how the whole process will work, refer to the general email blast about it.

Rooms in the GM hotel block are not assigned until June and should only be viewed as a back-up in case you can't get a room another way, so if you have not already secured a room another way, you will want to try to get one on Sunday.

Badge, Hotel, & Special Request Forms

We're trying something new this year and requests for GM badges, hotel rooms, and special requests will be handled via Google Forms instead of emails and Excel files.

Once you have submitted your events, feel free to submit a request for GM badges. Those will be processed once event review and placement is taken care of.

You can request GM hotel rooms as well, though those will not be processed until June. Each room you request will need to be submitted separately, and be aware that GM hotel room inventory is limited. Again, it is meant to serve as a fall-back plan, not a primary method of getting housing.

Finally, if you have any special requests that extend beyond a single event, fill out a Special Request form. Depending on your exact needs, you may need to submit multiple forms here, as well. These could include an HQ table, power, special table layout for your area, etc.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know via [email protected] or the GM forum.

Posted by bluemax

What time on Feb 19th?

Posted by derekguder

Midnight Eastern, but I have to sneak in my usual urge of "if you're waiting long enough for that to really matter, you've waited too long."

Most event management-related deadlines are midnight Eastern unless otherwise specified.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by grond

Above you say:

Once you have submitted your events, feel free to submit a request for GM badges. Those will be processed once event review and placement is taken care of.

Just wanted to verify that even though my events haven't been approved, I should submit the badge request?  Because it says something different on the Host Page.

Posted by derekguder

You can make the request now, but we won't actually be processing those until events are marked as Active.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by sabel

I am having a hard time finding the Google Form link for GMs to request badges, for myself and the GMs coming with me this year. I have searched through the forums the Host policy [page 18 states that the form will be up after submissions are open "Badge allocations can only be requested by the group’s event organizer. Fill out the GM badge allocation request form, which will be available on the Host page after event submission is underway."]
Just trying to get ahead while I can.

Thank you for any help

Posted by derekguder

All the forms are linked off the Host page - we try to collect all important links, documents, and deadlines there for y'all. They were also sent out on the EO/GM email list (that is the email at the top of this thread, with the links), so if you didn't get the links there, you'll want to make sure you sign up for that, as well.

The specific links are:

• GM Badge Request Allocation Form
    Use this Google form to request a GM badge allocation, so you can assign badges to each of your GMs.
  • Special Request Form
    If you need an HQ or have any special needs that aren't limited to individual events (like a special layout for your overall event area), use this Google form to get the details to us.
  • GM Hotel Request Form
    Any requests for rooms in the GM housing block must be submitted using this Google form, with one room requested per submission of the form.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by sabel

Derek as always thank you for your very FAST reply! The links helped and I have my group request in now and I think we are adding 2 more events tomorrow knight :)
I had signed up for the email list but do not recall receiving a letter but I have since updated my info so I am all good again (I hope) We will not hit the time requirements for housing. The only special we request is to have us all in same room and we just put that in events so we are all good now and just waiting for approval :) she you at the 50th!

Sean and Mackenzie’s Marauders

Posted by aglaranna83

Hello! I submitted events on the first day of early event submission, but have yet to receive any kind of response from anyone reviewing them. Do you have any idea when I should expect to hear back?

Posted by marimaccadmin

Hello,

Please do keep in mind that event submission does not end until March 26th.  Some events have been given a cursory review for glaring issues, but most want even start to be reviewed until then.  If your event has not been reviewed at all by May 1st, that's a good time to check back and see if there's a problem.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by sabel

Those are great points Marian,
 Thank you for the dates it helps as the excited energies build up getting ready for the CON. My group will preview events at a local games store to make sure we work out the kinks first.

See you all at the CON

Sean

New Post Sign in to write a new post.