GM badges
Posted by catlin

Roughly when should we expect these to be available if we have already requested them?

Thanks!
Cat

Posted by derekguder

After events are activated, so likely in early May.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by icehealer

I saw in the Event Host policy that GM badges need to be requested via Google Forms 2017, and not through the online portal or e-mail. I can't seem to find a link to the Google Forms to request badge compensation. Anyone have it available? 

Thanks! 
Daniel Griego 

Posted by catlin

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfs9rOfn28L33NekbuXg3s2KwX_ZP0GJFM9XJD7hwuNIh8vGQ/viewform

It is linked from this page: http://www.gencon.com/host/eo-gm

Posted by lore seeker

So is this only a concern for organizations of GMs, not for individual GMs?

Posted by kidlidar

Now that we are close to event registration, how do we get our GM badges in the system so that my people can register for events?  I filled out the Google form the day the link went live.  Haven't heard or seen anything since.

Posted by kidlidar

Disregard last post, I misread the policy, Sorry

Posted by derekguder lore seeker

father bloodlust wrote:
So is this only a concern for organizations of GMs, not for individual GMs?

Correct - individual GMs will either receive badges assigned by their event organizer (if they are working with a group) or will need to buy a normal attendee badge and request reimbursement after the convention (if they are independent and not running under any banner).

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by arcticspecter

Good morning.

Am I correct in assuming that we cannot requests an allotment for GM badges for our company until our events move from the status of "accepted for consideration" to the status of "accepted"?  Correct?

Posted by derekguder

You're welcome to request the badges before then, but we won't be creating the allocations until events are marked as Active, correct.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by kidlidar

when is the allocation going to be created?  My groups event is active, but I can't assign badges (there's no option to do so)  I looked in the policy but didn't see anything there.  I just want to do right by my GM's.

Posted by derekguder

You will receive confirmation when allocations have actually been created and we will not be getting to this until after we have dealt with all events, not just a couple groups' worth.

Check in next week.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by garhkal

Any new ETA on group DM badges??

Posted by derekguder

They will be issued this week, not that events are largely sorted out.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by mizzoudad

Derek, when will the form for the GM Hotel block request be available?  Just curious, thanks!

Posted by derekguder

That's by line for a couple months now - it's a Google form linked on the Host page and in the Event Host Policy.

If you didn't get the notification for that, make sure you're signed up for the EO/GM email list.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by mizzoudad

I did, but now I think it may be going to my spam folder which I don't keep track of and auto-clears itself.  Thanks for the info.  We will be requesting a room today, hopefully it isn't too late.  Also, I'll keep a closer eye on it so that the next email I can make you guys 'not spam'.

Posted by black jack rackham

Ok lets say, hypothetically, you are the organizer for a group and you JUST saw this (and filled out the GM Badge allocation form, say 5 minutes ago). Is there any chance you can get your GMs their badges before events go live?

Posted by catlin

I have been doing this around 7 years and I don't think it has ever been that soon. My Gms usually have someone buy tickets for them if it is urgent.

Posted by derekguder

We will be processing GM badge requests this week, so just get your details on and we should be able to address it, just like we have in the past.

To ensure you have time to properly assign your badges, make sure that you have confirmed everyone's email address (specifically, the one they have in their Gen Con account that they actually want to have the badge listed in) and you should be good go to. Most issues or delays with GM badges are caused by incorrect email addresses, so I want to stress it.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Sign in to write a new post. New Post