GM Badge refunds?
Posted by unglitteringold

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before. There's conflicting information on the site. Some places say it's automatic and other's say you need to email in for the refund. Is the following the most correct?

"If you already purchased an attendee badge and your GM badge was assigned to you during Badge Pre-Registration (and they were both assigned to the same account), it will be refunded before fulfillment begins (around the start of July)."

Also, anyone know how late the GM HQ will be open on Wed to pick up badges?

Posted by derekguder

It's a bit of a shift this year, so we still need to update some corners of the site to clarify that refunds during pre-reg should be automatic, but after that GMs will need to request refunds as they have in the past.

Basically, if you get your GM badge before June 15th or so, then we'll be refunding it automatically as we go through and check on duplicate badges. You shouldn't need to request a refund, but if you haven't gotten notification about one by that point, definitely drop us a note so we can confirm the situation.

After fulfillment begins and we start printing and shipping attendee badges, all refund will be issued after the convention, so you'll need to bring your attendee badge to GM HQ onsite and drop it off by Thursday to request a refund.

Does that make sense?

And I believe GM HQ is open until 8 pm on Wednesday, but remember only the event organizer (or folks they have authorized) can pick up GM badges. Individual GMs cannot. We'll confirm the schedule when we get closer to the show, so you'll want to check in again later.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Thanks - I think I understand.
If my group bought badges in pre-reg and I filled out the refund form then assigned them already, then around June 15th the refund will likely be automatic. Or the E/O can email to check on the situation.
Then the E/O can go pick them up from GM HQ on Wednesday before the con.

Oh, I just got an email that the refund went through! Good work, Gen Con!

Posted by garhkal derekguder

Derik.  Could you check to see if the GB7 group's GM badges have been inputted?  I still have not heard a word from our guys yet... and i would LIKE to start inputting my wish list, but can't till i get the darn badge done..

Posted by derekguder

You'll want to poke your EO to get an update on that - I believe we're caught up with all GM badge requests we've received so far.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.