Badge Types and Pricing for Gen Con 2020
|VIG (Sold Out)||$650/Returning VIGs, $700/New VIGs|
- Please note that Marion County imposes a 10% admissions tax.
- Prices are fixed and will not increase after the Ship to Me deadline on June 14.
- Gen Con does not offer any badge discounts.
- All sales must be completed online. We do not accept mail order or phone sales.
Buying your Gen Con badge
Badge sales begin with Badge Registration on January 26, 2020 at noon (Eastern). Children 11 and older must have a badge to attend.
When badges go on sale and you are ready to purchase your badge, follow these easy steps:
- Visit www.gencon.com/login (opens in new window).
- Enter your username or email address and password.
- Click the “Sign In” button.
- Click the "Get a Badge" link at the top right of the page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete your purchase.
TIP: In order to purchase multiple badges in a single transaction, you will need to first add your friends to your Friends and Family list. Once your friend has approved your friend request, you may select the "Get a Badge" link in the top right of the page and select the badge type you wish to purchase. Then, check each friend's name for whom you wish to purchase a badge and add them to your cart before checking out.
USPS PRIORITY MAIL (Recommended)
This delivery option provides you with fast three-to-five day shipping for only $10, and includes tracking and signature confirmation for your peace of mind.
- The Gen Con fulfillment team will combine all purchases made through your account prior to the Ship to Me deadline into one convenient shipment.
- Your items will begin shipping out after the Ship to Me deadline on June 14, 2020 at 11:59 pm (Eastern).
- You can track your packet once it has shipped via your My Packets page.
- 100% Replacement Guarantee: If your shipment is confirmed to be lost by the USPS, your convention materials will be replaced at no cost to you. (Gen Con cannot replace items that have been marked as delivered.)
- You can update your shipping method through your My Packets page until the Ship to Me deadline on June 14.
Will Call allows you to pick up your badges and event tickets at the convention. However, Gen Con recommends the USPS Priority Mail option, when available. If you are concerned with spending time in line or plan to attend events that start early in the day, USPS is your best option.
- Will Call items are placed in separate packets for each recipient and can only be claimed by that recipient.
- A valid government-issued photo ID is required in order to pick up your packet at Will Call. The only exception is for small children with no photo ID. A parent or guardian with a valid ID must accompany the child when picking up their Will Call packet.
- Will Call opens at noon on the Wednesday before the convention begins, and remains open 24 hours a day until the close of the show on Sunday.
- During the convention, please allow at least four hours for online orders to be fulfilled and placed in Will Call.
- For same-day purchases of badges and event tickets made on site during the convention, we strongly recommend purchasing in-person at Customer Service or Registration kiosks in the convention center for faster service.
Exchanges and Refunds
If you need to exchange or refund your badge, please contact Customer Service directly and they happily will assist you. Refund requests must be made by email.
Gen Con 2020 has been canceled due to health and safety concerns related to COVID-19.
Here are the options for your Gen Con 2020 badge:
1. If you are willing to roll your badge forward to 2021, then you're all set — we'll do this automatically, with great appreciation. This helps us keep our staff employed during this unprecedented time and come back stronger than ever for Gen Con 2021.
2. If you'd like a refund to the original method of purchase, please email us at [email protected] between May 26 and July 29. Let us know you'd like a refund, and include the name on each badge and the Gen Con account ID number for the account used to make the purchase (find it next to your name in the corner while logged in). We'll process a refund minus a $10 per badge processing fee.
3. If you'd like to return your badge(s) for system credit, email us at [email protected] between May 26 and July 29 and we will credit your Gen Con account. Please include the name on each badge and the Gen Con account ID number used to make the purchase. Returns to system credit incur no processing fees, and system credit does not expire.
4. You can donate the cost of your badge to help us weather the storm and come back strong for Gen Con 2021. Email [email protected] between May 26 and July 29 and include your name and Gen Con account ID number if you'd like to pursue this option.
Note: Refund requests will not be accepted until May 26, and must be received by email to [email protected] by July 29. Please include your choice of action for your badge(s), the name on each badge, and the Gen Con ID account number for the account used to make the purchase (find it to the right of your name in the corner when you're logged in at gencon.com).
After July 29, all 2020 badges will be rolled over to 2021. If you miss that window or decide later you'd like a refund, you can request one beginning February 1, 2021.
If you've made a hotel reservation through our Housing Portal, your reservation will automatically be canceled, and you will not be charged any fees. The hotel queue will be reassigned for 2021.
Contact Customer Service
Due to increased call volume and limited resources at this time, you will get a faster response by emailing us with customer service inquiries.
All badge refund requests must be sent by email.
If you are requesting a refund, please include the Gen Con ID number for the account used to purchase the badge(s) (find it next to your name on your account), the name on the badge(s) to be refunded, and the type of refund you are requesting (to your credit card minus the processing fee, or to system credit with no fee). If you are rolling your 2020 badge over to the 2021, you do not need to email us. They will automatically be rolled over!
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1-800-529-3976 x 3806