Housing Portal date announced - Super Bowl Sunday?!
Posted by del_grande fethbone

fethbone wrote:
kevinrg wrote:
Just me or does it seem thin for hotels outside of downtown?  This year, if I attend, probably will have to be outside of downtown to save money and doesn't seem like there are many there.  Then again, I haven't paid attention to hotels outside of downtown since 2018...
Yes, you are right. I have my guesses why, but yeah, not a single hotel even listed for south Indy.I would definitely look into booking outside the block. Just a quick search of the Big 3 (Marriott, Hilton, and IHG), there are still a number of hotels available outside of downtown for <$150/night Thu-Sun of Gencon. The Candlewood Suites by the airport is $125/night- I stayed there 2015-2018 and it was fine (nice to have a full-size fridge). The only reason I don't stay there anymore is bc circumstances allowed me to migrate downtown.

Has South Indianapolis ever been in the block? Even in the days of the shuttle, I only remember downtown, airport, north, and east.

As for "backup hotels," a lot of the ones not in the block have "reasonable" rates; for example, the Sheraton at Keystone Crossing has a 2 Queens room for $177/night for Wednesday arrival/Monday departure.

Posted by kevinrg

Went to the archives of Gencon.     For 2019, there were 16 Hotels to the North, 4 East, 12 West, 0 South, 27 downtown.   2022 is 33 downtown, 9 west, 0 South, 2 East and 1 North.  Different of 14 hotels or so (I'm not double checking my math).

So, looks like the North really took a hit.    Maybe with the extra hotels downtown and possibly more rooms, the net rooms are the same so.. the north wasn't needed for the block?

Posted by grognard262

VIGs have been busy.  Crowne Plaza is already sold out.  Westin, Fairfield and Embassy Suites are out of queens.

Posted by austicke grognard262

chaoticneutral262 wrote:Crowne Plaza is already sold out.  Westin, Fairfield and Embassy Suites are out of queens.

Crowne Plaza is not sold out. Double/double rooms at the other hotels are also still available.

Perhaps you're looking at a weird date range or something?

Posted by grognard262 austicke

austicke wrote:
chaoticneutral262 wrote:Crowne Plaza is already sold out.  Westin, Fairfield and Embassy Suites are out of queens.

Crowne Plaza is not sold out. Double/double rooms at the other hotels are also still available.Perhaps you're looking at a weird date range or something?

I see the airport one, but not downtown.  Also the number of hotels dropped from 47 to 46.   I'm searching Wed-Sun.  If I unchecked "show available only" then it appears, but the select button is gone.

Posted by austicke grognard262

chaoticneutral262 wrote:
austicke wrote:

Crowne Plaza is not sold out. Double/double rooms at the other hotels are also still available.Perhaps you're looking at a weird date range or something?

I see the airport one, but not downtown.  Also the number of hotels dropped from 47 to 46.   I'm searching Wed-Sun.  If I unchecked "show available only" then it appears, but the select button is gone.

That explains it. Wednesday night Crowne Plaza is sold out. But not Thursday through Sunday.

It seems like the Wednesday inventory is low. Weird.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.