Housing Portal Interface
Posted by usrbin

Why is there no option for sorting by distance?    That is probably the most important factor.

Posted by roderick

You can't search by distance but you can click on the "view map" Also, under each hotel name is says how far they are located

Also you can consult the hotel information on our site to see exactly the distance.
https://www.gencon.com/attend/hotelmap

Posted by ematuskey

There's totally a "sort by distance" option--at least when I use the portal!  This is on a PC.  It defaults to "sort by name," but there's a dropdown in the upper left above the hotel names that you can select. 

Posted by samlamiam

FWIW, when I selected "sort by distance" on the portal it did not sort by distance.  Airport hotels & nearby hotels were all mixed together seemingly at random.

Posted by ematuskey

That happened to me once: sort by name, and then try sorting by distance again.  That worked for me, anyway!

Posted by austicke

It worked fine for me; but, as ematuskey mentioned, it can be a little wonky if you search again. You need to reset the sort option.

Posted by grognard262

Under "show more filters", the portal lets you search for hotels with ISDN lines, but that doesn't work either.  :)

Posted by selene314 ematuskey

ematuskey wrote:
That happened to me once: sort by name, and then try sorting by distance again.  That worked for me, anyway!
Thanks for the tip!

Posted by quarex grognard262

chaoticneutral262 wrote:
Under "show more filters", the portal lets you search for hotels with ISDN lines, but that doesn't work either.  :)
Outrageous!  How are aspiring voice actors ever going to record their lines from their hotel rooms now?!?!

(That is the only thing I know about the voice acting world, that ISDN was somehow a standard for like 15 years longer than made any sense; might still be in some places for all I know)

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.