Sunday Evening socializing event
1 3 5 6
1 3 5 6
Posted by aaronmlopez

Not sure Where Nicky Blaine's is either, but my group is definitely in!

Total will be three with a fourth still possible.

Posted by redshadow

Ha logged into the forums just to find something like this and it's right up top. Count me in for 1.

Posted by keithbradburn aaronmlopez

aaronmlopez wrote:
Not sure Where Nicky Blaine's is either, but my group is definitely in!
Total will be three with a fourth still possible.
Nicky Blaine's is on the south spoke of Monument Circle.  It is next door to Au Bon Pain.  The thing you have to remember about Nickys is that it is a cigar bar so there will be people smoking. http://nickyblaines.com/

Posted by vickers1

I don`t know how long I would last in a smoking envioronment but I would still be willing to go.  The Colts Grill is downtown as well and should be open on Sunday.  Not this is a demand just another option.

Posted by boc_mage vickers1

vickers1 wrote:
I don`t know how long I would last in a smoking envioronment but I would still be willing to go.  The Colts Grill is downtown as well and should be open on Sunday.  Not this is a demand just another option.
Forgot that's there, isn't it hidden over by the embassy suites hotel? Last year my group ended up at Granite city brewery and had a good time/beer/food.

Posted by psimon

Great questions. I detest smoke, and if it were a thing I would never recommend the place. My experiences there have been just fine; serious ventilation, not crowded. Also, we're talking Sunday evening...  I'm not positive, but I can't help but to think it's not their busy time. I'll research this. 

This is a link to the pic of the outside of the place. On the right, you can see the edge of The Circle. Just above the white van is Nicky Blaine's front. Not hidden. Or if it is, very poorly hidden. 

Posted by vickers1

That is good to know about the smoke and such.  

Posted by aaronmlopez

If it is a smoking bar, my group will be unable to attend. Any other place that can work? Heck... Steak and Shake would be good! lol!

Posted by boc_mage aaronmlopez

aaronmlopez wrote:
If it is a smoking bar, my group will be unable to attend. Any other place that can work? Heck... Steak and Shake would be good! lol!

I've learned to watch out for some of the bars/restaurants either close to give staff a break or for various private parties. Why my friends always change/be flexible. Granite city or any of the other brewery/tap houses that are open comfortable is my vote.

Posted by rayken ploveking

ploveking wrote:
Its frustrating that the best four days in gaming sees so many gamers gone by noon on sunday. I wish more people would stay and participate in sunday, even if it's just the traditional "dinner and count loot".  Last year our group played Dark Moon in one of the hyatt conference rooms sunday after our dinner. We weren't the only ones in that conference room.
That would be because, you know, Wednesday is when things kick off. Not Thursday.

Posted by turbostar

I bet some blokes from our group would be interested in a post-GENCON meet up!

Just no smoking bars please. 

Posted by psimon

I'll scout an alternate location. I had occasion in early spring to see the conference room up top of The Alexander... that would also be a sweet place for about 25 of us. But odds are that'd be a little too spendy, so I'll look around for something suitable and interesting. 

Posted by boc_mage

I'd suggest one of the brewpubs or other places with mixed areas might be a little more amenable. From past experience hotel bars and areas tend to be more crowded as people get one last game/drink in as they wait for flights/taxis/travel arrangements. 

Posted by psimon

The place at the Alexander I'm thinking of is not the bar; its a reserved place on the roof with a balcony and an amazing view. Especially at night. Like I said, probably too spendy, but I'm going to look into it anyway. This space would be ours if we secured it - not open to others.

Posted by vickers1

I like the brewpub idea as well

Posted by chickd19

My group would possibly be interested, depending on our energy level sunday. It's a group of four.

Posted by x51

Long time Gen con attendee, but first time to stay till Mon. Very interested in gaming/socializing Sunday after con. 

Posted by aaronmlopez

How about Giordano's??

Posted by psimon

Let's go with Scotty's.

I'll call to make sure they can handle a group of about 25. That might be optimistic...    but who knows?  Anyway, they'll be able to flex either way, they're open til 11pm, and I've been there before; this last part is important to me. 

Posted by loon

I'm in.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3 5 6
1 3 5 6