Sunday Evening socializing event
2 4 5 6
2 4 5 6
Posted by vickers1

What would be the preference? Either meeting at one of the hotels or a resturant? 

Posted by lisakrich vickers1

vickers1 wrote:
What would be the preference? Either meeting at one of the hotels or a resturant? 
Both? Dinner and loot counting then move to one of the hotels for gaming?

Posted by vickers1

I guess it is finding a centralized local to converge at.  Any ideas on the hotel/restaurant?

Posted by lanefan

Knowing numbers, even vaguely, would help here - if this'll be 10 people it can happen anywhere but if there end up being 100 of us it's gonna need a mighty big restaurant. :)

FWIW count me in for one person.

Posted by boc_mage

Depending on time (I'm usually involved with booth/hall teardown) I can join in with maybe a plus 1 or 2 depending on my con roomates. Scotties as a fyi closes early on Sunday as a thank you to their staff or run a private party. Granite city is a good call for decent food/beer and open lighting. I'ved learned to double check which places are open late on gencon Sunday anymore.

Posted by aklevah

I think it is a great idea, a fair number of people stay over so a bar, restaurant, or hotel meet up is a great idea.  My only suggestion is if you are actually going to do a bar or restaurant, check and make sure they will be open, or open to the public.  In the past people thought they would stay and hit Scotty's or the RAM only to have them closed becasue they were simply tapped out after a week of gamers, or were closed for a private party.

Posted by vickers1

I guess a survey is in order to tally an approximate amount of persons going/interested?

Posted by zeroshin

There's usually four or five of my group left until Monday morning, so, I know we'd be open for players.

Posted by vickers1

That is good.  I usually stick around to Monday as well.

Posted by aaronmlopez

My group of Three (or four if the other person's semester is done in time) would be interested. We are not leaving until Monday morning.

Posted by julz05

My group of 3 would be interested in Sunday night dinner/gaming.

Posted by vickers1

Would there be any preferance in regards with prices, size, location, etc.?

Posted by psimon

So, as it happens there is a small chance that I will in fact be able to fly in and attend. This would be amaze-balls, and it would let me continue the tradition of attendance for my 23rd year. 

There seems to be an agreement that we'd enjoy meeting, celebrating in the rare air of Sunday post-con, but no consensus as to where. Or what. 

I myself would be fine if we didn't game; I'd be happy if we just gathered, discussed the con, got to know one another, and set up a precedent for doing likewise on subsequent Sundays. 

Posted by raujour

+2 (people) for a Sunday Night Event.

Posted by vickers1

There are some restaurants that would fit like the Indianapolis Colts Bar and Grill or a place like that.  Would that be a suitable meeting spot?

Posted by powers209 psimon

psimon wrote:
I'm definitely staying until Monday morning, and when most trapsings of the Con have blown out of Indy and it's Sunday later afternoon in August, there's an interesting kind of hush that falls on the place, like residual magic slowly buring off int the ether...
...okay, that's goofy. But still, there's a weird feeling being there ( maybe ) alone in a hotel that Sunday.
I'd like to set something up where the people still there that Sunday night could get together and exchange stories about Con glory, and show off the spoils. I love Nicky Blaine's, so maybe there. Any interest? I'm also down for gamifying this a bit, but there's nothing wrong with just getting together, either.  Any interest?
Also - if this post should be somewhere else, ooooops. Let me know. 

I'm staying the extra night as well. I hate the rush on sunday. Last year my flight was canceled and since I picked up the tickets for everyone in my group, I spent 5 hours on sunday trying to get friends back home. It sucked. This year, I'm lone-ing it after the con. 

Posted by psimon

Allow me to flipflop - my schedule has opened up and I've just laid down some fairly serious cash for flights, so I will be there at GenCon this year.

Huzzah! Resplendent! 

Now, going through all these posts, there seems to be not-so-much consensus. Let me suggest Nicky Blaine's for a bite to eat and loot-reviewing, starting at 5pm. If some of us decide to break out and game, amaze-balls. 

I am back in the zone of being excited about GenCon...  let's do this Sunday Thing. I'll see about tshirts.  (^_^

#genconrearguard

Posted by psimon

I tried submitting a formal event, and was thwarted on the grounds that:

• I am not a registered Game Master
  • All official events must end by 4pm on Sunday

~grumblegrumble~   

This changes nothing, but I'll continue to look into setting something "official" up. 

Posted by boc_mage powers209

powers209 wrote:
psimon wrote:
I'm definitely staying until Monday morning, and when most trapsings of the Con have blown out of Indy and it's Sunday later afternoon in August, there's an interesting kind of hush that falls on the place, like residual magic slowly buring off int the ether...
...okay, that's goofy. But still, there's a weird feeling being there ( maybe ) alone in a hotel that Sunday.
I'd like to set something up where the people still there that Sunday night could get together and exchange stories about Con glory, and show off the spoils. I love Nicky Blaine's, so maybe there. Any interest? I'm also down for gamifying this a bit, but there's nothing wrong with just getting together, either.  Any interest?
Also - if this post should be somewhere else, ooooops. Let me know. 

I'm staying the extra night as well. I hate the rush on sunday. Last year my flight was canceled and since I picked up the tickets for everyone in my group, I spent 5 hours on sunday trying to get friends back home. It sucked. This year, I'm lone-ing it after the con. 

Smart, wish i could do that but unfortunately i'm the 'adult' in my group and the designated driver. Why I'm staying the extra night, not driving Sun on short sleep.

Psimon, consider submitting an event that has an official end time of 4pm? Just to have something to point to in the system?

Posted by lanefan

Where is Nicky Blaine's in relation to the ICC or other downtown landmarks?

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
2 4 5 6
2 4 5 6