Event Parking
Posted by david campbell

Does anyone have any information on this?

https://www.gencon.com/events/99518

Looks to be five-day parking offsite with a shuttle service for $68.... I'd like to jump on that, but I need to understand how fulfillment will work?

With tickets already being shipped; does this mean I will need to pick this up at will call after Noon on Wednesday or will there be email fulfillment?

How early on Wednesday can I park there? Clearly if I need to get something from will call first it'll be the afternoon, but if it's via email I'd like to park there around 8am before KFG gaming starts.

Already sent an email to the address on the event; thought I'd ask here as well in case anyone could answer faster.

Thanks!

Posted by jedikitty

I also would like to know if we have to pick up the pass at will call. Hopefully not!

EDIT

Got this immediately through email after buying my pass..

You must bring your Gen Con parking event ticket to the parking location, to exchange for a Gate Ten Parking pass!

We will be accepting reserved parking spaces up until Monday Aug 1st. Once the parking reservations have closed we will send out an email to you through Gen Con’s registration system with instructions to find your parking space.

So.. we won't be getting a pass in advance? Or do we get it after August 1st in the email they mention? I'm confused. Where are we supposed to park while we go through will call? This seems really inconvenient, if we have to go through will call first.

Posted by rodoubleb

That's a good question with will call and needing to park, but parking pass is at will call.

You can go a few blocks out and park for $10 per day indoors.  It may take a bit of scouting to find your lot, but I've been using the same one for ten years without fail.  $10 per 24 hours, less than a ten minute walk.   

Posted by david campbell rodoubleb

rodoubleb wrote:
That's a good question with will call and needing to park, but parking pass is at will call.
You can go a few blocks out and park for $10 per day indoors.  It may take a bit of scouting to find your lot, but I've been using the same one for ten years without fail.  $10 per 24 hours, less than a ten minute walk.   

I don't suppose you'd be willing to share that...:)

I'm good with an indoor lot for $10 a day that was 20 minute walk; I would just grab an Uber back to the Hotel.

Posted by zaphod

So, I have to park, unpack, go to event registration, then bring the parking pass back to another lot?  Makes no sense.  I want to do this, but that is just way too inconvenient.

Posted by rodoubleb

I'm not inclined to publicize the location.  It's kind of busy on the weekdays with the 9 to 5ers.  On Saturday and Sunday the place is a ghost town.  However, I have heard others speak about their own prized parking locations.  They are out there.   There is a clear line of demarcation.  The lot that is literally next door to my lot charges  close to $30 a day.    Just gotta drive that extra 50 feet.  

Posted by david campbell zaphod

zaphod wrote:
So, I have to park, unpack, go to event registration, then bring the parking pass back to another lot?  Makes no sense.  I want to do this, but that is just way too inconvenient.

Agreed; if I had seen this before pre reg had ended I would have jumped on it. If will call is needed; the time sink isn't worth the savings to me.

rodoubleb wrote:
I'm not inclined to publicize the location.  It's kind of busy on the weekdays with the 9 to 5ers.  On Saturday and Sunday the place is a ghost town.  However, I have heard others speak about their own prized parking locations.  They are out there.   There is a clear line of demarcation.  The lot that is literally next door to my lot charges  close to $30 a day.    Just gotta drive that extra 50 feet.  

Understood; no problem! I'll do a little looking around myself and see what I can find...

Thanks!

Posted by p3ndrag0n

Why not book it now?  http://www.parkwhiz.com/

Am I missing something,  because we'd originally used that site to pre book our parking before we ended up finding a downtown room.

Posted by david campbell p3ndrag0n

p3ndrag0n wrote:
Why not book it now?  http://www.parkwhiz.com/
Am I missing something,  because we'd originally used that site to pre book our parking before we ended up finding a downtown room.

Because when I look at the dates in parkwhiz it says nothing is available for the Gen Con dates. I have a plan that is $22 a day; not the end of the world, but I'd just as soon find a deal...

Posted by rodoubleb

That app is showing only a portion of the available garages.

rodoubleb wrote:
That app is showing only a portion of the available garages.

That's what I figured; can't find any place online to show me what else is there, at least with an online reservation system.

Posted by kidlidar

Since Gen Con is using the stadium this year, are they going to use the parking lots too?  That would be very helpful

Posted by jedikitty

My reply from Gen Con

Gate 10 will have a one hour parking area available so that you can get that ticket.
They will be sending out a newsletter outlining this on Monday.

Posted by rogersba kidlidar

kidlidar wrote:
Since Gen Con is using the stadium this year, are they going to use the parking lots too?  That would be very helpful
I was able to park in the south lot last year with no issues.

Posted by bakermouse10133

Looks like that lot is only 2 block away from the convention center. No idea why they are running ashuttle (unless its to take you to hotels?) Honestly that's not a bad deal....

Posted by cptmusket

Is the parking being sold the big lot directly attached to Lucas Oil stadium?  When I look on Google Maps I see a small blue building at their address and it doesn't look like there is much parking at that spot at all.  So does the company own the lot connected to the stadium and parking is there?  Trying to figure out where the lot actually is located.

As an aside, on Google Maps View the building has a Gen Con Parking sign on it when the street view truck drove past!

Posted by maijstral2 cptmusket

cptmusket wrote:
Is the parking being sold the big lot directly attached to Lucas Oil stadium?  When I look on Google Maps I see a small blue building at their address and it doesn't look like there is much parking at that spot at all.  So does the company own the lot connected to the stadium and parking is there?  Trying to figure out where the lot actually is located.
As an aside, on Google Maps View the building has a Gen Con Parking sign on it when the street view truck drove past!
I'm pretty sure it is the  address on the 'ticket' is 345 w. McCarthy and that puts it at the big parking lot to the south of the stadium. Since Gencon has the Stadium I assume they can use the parking lot as well so now we have access to Stadium parking for longterm.

I would go for it but since I am literally as far away from that lot as you can get and still be considered a downtown room its not worth the 30 bucks I would save by not using the hotel parking.
I may still since this lot would put me closer to my car from the convention center than the hotel so I could still drop things off faster.

Posted by nialith

The lots Gate Ten uses are across the street on the south side of the Lucas Oil parking lot. It's not a bad walk but I can see the need for shuttles. I used them for Pop Con here last weekend and it works out very well. If you want to walk it, I recommend cutting through Lucas Oil parking to the east side of the building. Once past the stadium, there is a door to the underground walkway that connects it to the convention center. That's where you will walk through to get to True Dungeon and the video arcade machines will be along that hallway as well.

Posted by david campbell

I saw the newsletter too; an hour to get to, through, and back from Will Call is a little dicey. If I could get the ticket mailed to me I'd get it; but it's just not worth the inconvenience on Wednesday to go through all that. If they get this planned out earlier next year to the tickets can be mailed out they might get a better response.

I'll send that feedback to the parking company as well.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3