Event Parking
Posted by cptmusket

I went ahead and bought a ticket, it relieves some of the stress of trying to find parking when we are staying in the outer areas.  No need to go in so early now.

Although, when I look at Google Maps and Google earth all I see is grass and yards, with some random parking spaces. The email says lighted lot.  Has the area been redone since the Google Earth satellites and street map views went past?  I just still see a blue building that is their main building, and yard.

Posted by david campbell

It looks like if you buy it directly on their website as opposed to through the Gen Con ticketing system you can skip the Will Call. It says "Fulfilled electronically by email" when you add it to the cart; so they must email the parking pass to you. Very cool.

Posted by dballing

It seem that if the shuttle

• is 24 hours
  • hits all the hotels and the convention center

Then even if you're NOT using a parking space, a weekend parking pass would give you access to a pretty nifty and convenient shuttle system for the downtown area.

Posted by nikki

I have to say, this seems like a pretty good option since they have decided to do away with the shuttle services from the hotel.  I remember someone saying that most people like to drive in on their own and this would allow that -- I assume it would even allow you to come and go so you could run back to your hotel during the day as needed.  It might need to get some kinks worked out but it does seem like a good way to make staying at the hotels further out more attractive.

Posted by boc_mage nikki

nikki wrote:
I have to say, this seems like a pretty good option since they have decided to do away with the shuttle services from the hotel.  I remember someone saying that most people like to drive in on their own and this would allow that -- I assume it would even allow you to come and go so you could run back to your hotel during the day as needed.  It might need to get some kinks worked out but it does seem like a good way to make staying at the hotels further out more attractive.

At least this is something positive and more likely to be used by folks. Peace of mind knowing they have a downtown parking space no matter when they get downtown. I've got a downtown hotel and tempted by this, its a reasonable cost option to a issue that plagues a measurable chunk of attendees and helps one of issues of not getting a downtown hotel.

Posted by truelink

I don't think I will get Gate Ten Parking's event parking pass this year, but I hope they do this again next year and submit it earlier. This is a great idea, but I don't like the idea of parking for an hour, running through will-call, running back to repark (hopefully within the one hour limit), and then going to check into my hotel room.

I could try putting the parking in another group member's name while I go check in, but then that member will be waiting for me to will-call later. So, it becomes a double wait.

Posted by jedikitty

I love everything about this, except that it wasn't done in time to have the pass snail mailed.

I am grateful that they're letting people park at all, but I wish it were two hours just to eliminate some stress. I'm going to try being dropped off at the convention center while someone else goes on to park the car. Hopefully that will buy at least 20 minutes?

The two shuttle rides were enjoyable enough during Indy PopCon but riding it 3 times before you can really even start your day at the con is a little bit overkill, haha. (my group doesn't go to Gen Con until Thursday) I would walk the last trip just to break up the sameness, but I'll be too eager to actually be at the con by that point.

Posted by bushmaster

Does anyone know when you can start to park?  I will be getting into town on Wednesday.

Posted by david campbell

Is there anyone from Gen Con that can comment on any of the questions folks are asking? There are multiple threads and a lot of confusion....

Posted by rodoubleb

I suspect the one hour courtesy allotment will be loosely enforced.  It's probably going to be near impossible to actually pull that off in one hour.   Maybe if you know exactly where you are going, the shuttle is ready and waiting, and there is no line at will call.  

Posted by bushmaster bushmaster

bushmaster wrote:
Does anyone know when you can start to park?  I will be getting into town on Wednesday.

So I went ahead and purchased a 5 day pass.  In the conformation email this is what it said.
Use this ticket to claim a five-day parking pass, usable Wednesday to Sunday, or Thursday to Monday.

Posted by cptmusket jedikitty

For the IndyPop

jedikitty wrote:
I love everything about this, except that it wasn't done in time to have the pass snail mailed.
I am grateful that they're letting people park at all, but I wish it were two hours just to eliminate some stress. I'm going to try being dropped off at the convention center while someone else goes on to park the car. Hopefully that will buy at least 20 minutes?
The two shuttle rides were enjoyable enough during Indy PopCon but riding it 3 times before you can really even start your day at the con is a little bit overkill, haha. (my group doesn't go to Gen Con until Thursday) I would walk the last trip just to break up the sameness, but I'll be too eager to actually be at the con by that point.

How was the parking lot?  Is it paved?  Is the location have signs that are easy to follow?

I'm sure the one hour thing is just for their sake.  If you park your car, and they know you are coming back I dont think it would be an issue.  If you park and come back four hours later, I think that's when you can expect them to have taken some action.

Posted by ultron87

I bought a pass directly from their website yesterday, since that seemed like it would get around the whole "having to go to Will Call" thing.

As of today, that option has disappeared from their direct order system (https://squareup.com/store/gatetenIndy). I'm now curious if I'm still good or if they'll be giving me a refund and have me go through the Gen Con system. I already emailed them with a question about how I'd get my pass (since I just have the order/payment confirmation right now) so hopefully they'll get back to me soon.

Posted by david campbell ultron87

ultron87 wrote:
I bought a pass directly from their website yesterday, since that seemed like it would get around the whole "having to go to Will Call" thing.
As of today, that option has disappeared from their direct order system (https://squareup.com/store/gatetenIndy). I'm now curious if I'm still good or if they'll be giving me a refund and have me go through the Gen Con system. I already emailed them with a question about how I'd get my pass (since I just have the order/payment confirmation right now) so hopefully they'll get back to me soon.

I did the same thing; let me know if you hear anything. I've sent several emails and not had any reply; the phone number on the website just rings. Feeling a little concerned here.

Posted by monkeyknifefight ultron87

ultron87 wrote:
How did you buy it through their site? Whenever I click on the links on their site it directs me to GenCon's event.

Posted by jedikitty cptmusket

cptmusket wrote:How was the parking lot?  Is it paved?  Is the location have signs that are easy to follow?

No, not paved. Expect gravel and grass. As long as you can reach the street it's on, you can't miss it! :)
david campbell wrote:
Is there anyone from Gen Con that can comment on any of the questions folks are asking? There are multiple threads and a lot of confusion....

Yeah, given that people are having a hard time getting a response from Gate 10 any help and insight to all the questions would be most appreciated!

Off the top of my head these are a couple I've seen, and also have myself..

What time can you start parking each day? (mainly Wednesday and Thursday)

They say on their website that the shuttle runs for two hours before and after the convention center closes. But.. the convention center doesn't close and Gen Con is basically 24 hours. So, how early and how late does the shuttle run?

Posted by nialith cptmusket

cptmusket wrote:
For the IndyPop
How was the parking lot?  Is it paved?  Is the location have signs that are easy to follow?

As mentioned, the lots are a combination of grass, pavement, and gravel. Do expect your car to be filthy by the end of Gen Con. Basically, they bought up a bunch of old houses in the area, tore them down, and paved a little. So the lots are kind of broken up by fences an such. I wasn't there late enough at night to remember what they did for lighting but I suspect they will bring in some temporary lights for the week.

As to finding it, it's just south of Lucas Oil Stadium between Capitol and Missouri. They have signs out front and their office is a bright blue building. Not sure if it will be open at Gen Con but during Colts games, it has a place to sit down and order drinks in. The shuttle drivers were very nice and do work on tips. 

Posted by bushmaster

I have a downtown hotel cost for the 5 day pass is half of the for parking at hotel.

Seems worth the price. Just hope it is safe.

Posted by monkeyknifefight bushmaster

bushmaster wrote:
I have a downtown hotel cost for the 5 day pass is half of the for parking at hotel.
Seems worth the price. Just hope it is safe.
It did mention to be lighted and patrolled by security/police 24 hours a day. Yeah the pass is more than half the price of parking at my hotel. So the slight hassle to run to will call and back is worth it.

Posted by alans

Use their Facebook and message them instead of email, I got very quick responses...

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.