Rooms DO become available, just keep checking
2 4 5 6
2 4 5 6
Posted by kerwin1970

You can transfer your reservation with the housing people with no repercussions.

Posted by elzod

Just wanted to confirm that rooms do indeed become available. After refreshing for 30 minutes I was discouraged, came to this forum and saw this thread. When I went back to the housing portal a room at the Comfort Suites downton became available and I snagged it. Determination.

Posted by ginamarie72

Rooms definitely do become available, and I had actually eased up on my stalking of the website.  I just checked for the first time in days and got a room at the Hilton.  I just have to decide if I want it or want to go with my out-of-block room at Residence Inn.  It's a further walk, but better room.  Decisions, decisions!

Posted by onelittlemoment

@GinaMarie72 - If you decided to drop the room at the Hilton, I would possibly be interested in taking it off your hands. Just let me know. onelittlemoment @ gmail

Posted by jedibcg

Damnit I checked about 6:30pm yesterday nothing.  I keep seeming to miss these available rooms.

Posted by burrfoot72

Yep.  Last week I just popped in after lunch one day while at work and snagged a JW Marriott room for thursday, friday and saturday.  Can't get the waitlist to go for wednesday.  Do they actually limit how many people can be on the waitlist for an extra shoulder night?

Posted by audioslave

I just booked a room at the Alexander (5 blocks away) that magically appeared just now. Sweet. 

Posted by cass.christopher

Stayed at the Alexander last year, awesome hotel, but man that walk is a lot farther then it looks after a day or two lol we found you could cut through the lobby of the field house and end up at the end of Georgia street and it saved a good chunk of walking

Posted by audioslave cass.christopher

cass.christopher wrote:
Stayed at the Alexander last year, awesome hotel, but man that walk is a lot farther then it looks after a day or two lol we found you could cut through the lobby of the field house and end up at the end of Georgia street and it saved a good chunk of walking
Thanks for the heads up!

Posted by jeremy6801 audioslave

audioslave wrote:
cass.christopher wrote:
Thanks for the heads up!
Be careful walking around the Alexander late at night. We almost got mugged around 2am last year.  The streets are very poorly lit there too. Other than that, it's a really nice hotel. They were very open to gaming with a couple meeting rooms available for gaming with someone selling snacks too.

Posted by glory

Guys - seriously stuff just pops up. I just got a room at a Comfort Suites 3 blocks away. A king room with a sleeper sofa! That was awesome and it means that my friend out by the airport is now downtown. 

So just keep checking!

Posted by david campbell

Idly checking last night while working; and the Conrad popped up for me. I REALLY want the Omni; but this is a better fallback than my old 7 miles out.

Worthwhile to keep checking.

Posted by onelittlemoment

Aw man, I've been updating all morning and I missed it. :( 
Not having the best of luck at this!

Posted by jedibcg

Ditto.  I am having the worst luck about missing these rooms.

Posted by steffles

So in the past few days I've seen the Marriott and the Conrad having in-block rooms available.  The Marriott was $434 per night for a suite.   The Conrad had a double-bed room available this morning for $315.  
The price for the Conrad is just a little less than what I'm paying out-of-block at the Embassy Suites.  

My point is that those prices seem extraordinarily high for in-block rooms.  Unless The Conrad's rooms were always that high.  

Posted by david campbell

Interesting... the Conrad I got on Tuesday night was a Double/Double deluxe for $277 a night; and now it's $315? I wonder why that is?

Posted by toddygee

Currently, there are rooms at the Alexander available.  Don't know how long that will last, but I was able to change my reservation to a Queen/Queen there yesterday.

Posted by britbrit

The moment I decide to go take a shower! Ugh! I swear I miss this things by minutes.. :( I just have to keep reminding myself that it is March and I still have time.

Posted by jwthompson

The obivous truth is that only a small number of rooms become available if one just happens to check at the right time.

Posted by jedibcg

Well I have sat for that last several hours refreshing on my secondary monitor.  If someone got a room during that time then there is something up.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
2 4 5 6
2 4 5 6