Rooms DO become available, just keep checking
1 3 5 6
1 3 5 6
Posted by komoridarkclaw

To add to the hope people checking have, I just swung a double queen at the Hilton. I checked 4-5 times a day, didn't just sit there refreshing. Keep randomly checking and you never know!
Speaking of which, there is now a double queen at the Candlewood airport if that gets you closer (6.7 miles)

Posted by jedibcg

I have been doing the refresh all day in a separate window that I could keep an eye on, so apparently that does not work because I never saw that pop up.

Posted by jedibcg

Additionally the Candlewood has been available for awhile.  It just doesn't show up through a standard search for some reason but if you uncheck show only available it is present.

Posted by glory

So... I don't want to brag, but rooms ARE opening up. Because I just booked my buddy at the Sheraton City Center (4 blocks) Wed-Sun. I don't know if I'm just getting lucky or what - but I've now scored THREE rooms after the lottery royally effed my group over. 

Keep at it!

Posted by komoridarkclaw

Right now (10:55am Est 3/23) there is a double queen available at the Alexander for Wed-Sun. Not any closer than what I have but thought somone would like to know

Posted by jedibcg

Never saw this one either.

Posted by jedibcg

What are people using for search critera?  I am researching every five or so minutes and changing my critera so it pulls a new list.

Posted by komoridarkclaw

My search criteria every time I pull it:
Check in: Wed Aug 3
Check out: Mon Aug 8
Nights: 5
Rooms: 1
Max Guests per room: 4 (I know this one matters, 4 max will give you double queens, if you choose 2 it will give you 1 king rooms. You can see the number of results change when you change this number)
Price: Any
View: Available rooms only
No specific amenities checked
Sort: Distance Near to Far

Posted by cass.christopher komoridarkclaw

komoridarkclaw wrote:
Max Guests per room: 4 (I know this one matters, 4 max will give you double queens, if you choose 2 it will give you 1 king rooms. You can see the number of results change when you change this number)
hate to pick a hole in your theory but I just booked a double queen while searching for max 1 guest

Posted by burrfoot72

I always searched for the 3 night minimum of thursday through sunday and nothing more.  If you search for a room for more nights and the room is only available for the 3 it won't show in your search.  I grab it when I find the 3 key nights of the con available and then try working with the waitlist for shoulder nights.

Posted by glory cass.christopher

cass.christopher wrote:
komoridarkclaw wrote:
hate to pick a hole in your theory but I just booked a double queen while searching for max 1 guest
Ditto. I only ever change the dates and leave the default for the rest. I search Wed-Sun or Thurs-Sun. 

Posted by nikki cass.christopher

cass.christopher wrote:
komoridarkclaw wrote:

I just wanted to chime in on this.  The reason you see the number of results change is because fewer hotels have rooms that can hold 4 currently.  They tend to be the most sought after for this event.  If you check, you'll see that the same hotels that pop up when looking for 1 guest also in any search for 4 guests.  So if you absolutely need two beds, you should continue searching with at least 4 guests selected.  However, if you put in 1 guest, the search will include any two (or more) bed rooms out there as well.  I hope that makes sense.

Posted by britbrit

See a Hilton garden inn downtown available. 

Posted by jedibcg

It is gone now.

Posted by onelittlemoment

Sheridan City Circle just poped up. 
I got in there and was on the last step of checking out when I got this error:

Sorry...

The operation you requested did not complete in a timely manner. 
Please try again or contact Passkey Support

Thank you for your patience.
The Passkey GroupMax Team

Is this something wrong with my computer or is that just what it shows when the room is gone?

Posted by glory

ROOM AT ALEXANDER AVAILABLE NOW. Wed-Sun. 

Posted by jedibcg

It is gone.

Posted by mhayward1978

A friend just snagged a room in the Hyatt - good luck everyone - they do come up - I got a room in the Hilton a few days ago.

Posted by kate

There is a double/double at the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel (4 blocks) available right now.

Posted by katyspray

DANG! too late...

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3 5 6
1 3 5 6