Have the banners gone up in Indy?
1 3
1 3
Posted by kiyote

If there are any locals lurking the forums, can you post pictures when the banners go up around the ICC?

Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

I was actually wondering about that about 20 minutes ago.  I haven't been near the convention center this week, but I'll have to go take a look.

Posted by kiyote

Great minds think alike!

Aside from the digital signboard along Capitol Avenue, and the monitors inside the building, there's no mention of Gencon.  Today there's some other event going on in there.  Some meeting for the American Society of Healthcare Engineering.  Not nearly on the scale of Gencon, but they've got a couple rooms.

Posted by aquabunny

Yeah, I mean, including the healthcare event ending today, the ICC has four events between now and Gen Con. All fairly small, but still on the plate.

https://www.icclos.com/upcoming-events.aspx

Posted by loon aquabunny

aquabunny wrote:Yeah, I mean, including the healthcare event ending today, the ICC has four events between now and Gen Con. All fairly small, but still on the plate.
https://www.icclos.com/upcoming-events.aspx

And one of those is a gaming qualified. 

Interestingly, they list Gencon at 56000, well below previous non sell out gencons. Also, the listings run through mid 2019, but Gencon 2018 isn't on the list even though it's booked.

It's weird to see those small events because the convention center is just so huge.  You see a moderate number of people clustered around one small area, but it's amid mostly empty, cavernous halls.  Non-locals probably don't have much of a frame of reference because, by definition, they're really only here when the whole place is packed and hopping.  I look forward to seeing it actually crowded, and all areas utilized, during Gencon.

Posted by aquabunny

Yeah, I used to cut through there now and again (I used to work for the state and occasionally used the Government Center parking garage attached to the skywalks by the JW). Unless there's something with attendance in the several-thousands or higher, the place just feels dead.

Posted by keithbradburn

I was told by a coworker, who walks at lunch, that the signs are going up.

Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent keithbradburn

keithbradburn wrote:
I was told by a coworker, who walks at lunch, that the signs are going up.

It's possible.  It's a really big convention center and I didn't cover much of it.

There might also be some signs on the lamp posts of adjoining streets.  When Popcon, the small, new anime convention, came through last month, there were signs around town in advance of its arrival.

Posted by larryp500

As of this morning(8/8/17) no lamppost signs were up. 

Posted by nscott

The lamppost may get signs for Drum Corp International first. It's bringing 25K+ to Indianapolis this weekend.

Posted by keithbradburn

Well the banners are up.  I would post the picture I took but the forum won't let me.  lol

Posted by roderick keithbradburn

keithbradburn wrote:
Well the banners are up.  I would post the picture I took but the forum won't let me.  lol

Did you hit the "Add Picture" button (second to last on the right in the Format Message menu bar)? 

Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator; Gen Con, LLC. 

Posted by keithbradburn roderick

roderick wrote:
keithbradburn wrote:

Did you hit the "Add Picture" button (second to last on the right in the Format Message menu bar)? Roderick Robertson
Yep and it comes up wanting a URL.

Posted by anedix

I work near ICC and just saw GenCon50 sign

Posted by roderick keithbradburn

keithbradburn wrote:
roderick wrote:
keithbradburn wrote:

Did you hit the "Add Picture" button (second to last on the right in the Format Message menu bar)? Roderick Robertson

Yeah, it doesn't know how to upload from your computer. If you have an account on a social media site (Facebook, imgr, etc.) post the picture there, then you can link to it here. 

Posted by jedikitty lord thrifty the cromulent

keithbradburn wrote:Well the banners are up.  I would post the picture I took but the forum won't let me.  lol

Oh, exciting!! You gotta host the pictures somewhere, something like imgur.
mstabosz wrote:When Popcon, the small, new anime convention, came through last month, there were signs around town in advance of its arrival.

Indy PopCon is actually way way more diverse than just anime! They're more of a "all things welcomed" pop culture celebration. This year was their fourth year - and it's ran by local folks. :) They try to appeal to everyone by bringing in a huge mix of actors, voice actors from animation and video games, comic creators, artists, authors, indie game designers, YouTubers, and professional cosplayers.

Posted by keithbradburn roderick

roderick wrote:
keithbradburn wrote:
roderick wrote:
keithbradburn wrote:

Yeah, it doesn't know how to upload from your computer. If you have an account on a social media site (Facebook, imgr, etc.) post the picture there, then you can link to it here. 

I am sure some one will get a better one than I got.

Posted by anedix

Here are two banner pics...

Click the links below...

Picture 1

Picture 2

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3
1 3