Gen Con renews contract
4 5 6 8
4 5 6 8
Posted by rhone1

How will the Downtown Marriott's renovations change lobby and 2nd floor (near the escalator's) open gaming space?  I thought they were renovating one floor at a time.

Posted by nialith

Not sure but I just know that they said they aren't using that hotel for gaming space this year. 

Posted by al_kesselring al_kesselring

al_kesselring wrote:
Still looking for the 2021 Gencon dates, but I haven't seen them....................

Still looking for the 2021 Gencon dates, but I haven't seen them...................inquiring minds wanna know..............

Posted by felwred remnant

remnant wrote:
How are the gaming conventions in Denver that are already running on location?
There are 2-3 gaming conventions in Denver each year with between 1K and 5K attendance (depending on the con). In terms of similar conventions or gatherings Denver Comic Con is a big draw with larger attendance than GenCon by about 10K additional people (it's one of the 5 largest in North America now). The city becomes a comic book town for that week. The same is true with the Great American Beer Festival each year (likely twice the size of GenCon) but Denver is already a big micro-brew town so that isn't really morphing at all :)

Fred

Posted by bith

GenCon's turnstyle last year was 201,852.
Denver Comic Con's turnstyle last year was 114,900.

Adjusted for length (GenCon is 4 days, Denver is 3), Gencon is 31% larger than Denver Comic Con. (201852*0.75)/(114900) = Approximately 1.31

Great American Beer Festival Caps it's attendance at 60,000, and sold out last year so it was almost identical to GenCon's numbers assuming 1 badge = 1 ticket.

Yes, there are some assumptions here, but it's based on the data I could find online.

Posted by ryanjamison

I went to GABF this year, it is no where near as big as GenCon. The space it takes up is only about the size of the GenCon exhibit hall, and tickets are sold as four individual 4-hour sessions. They do not have 60,000 people in there at one time.

Posted by bith ryanjamison

ryanjamison wrote:
I went to GABF this year, it is no where near as big as GenCon. The space it takes up is only about the size of the GenCon exhibit hall, and tickets are sold as four individual 4-hour sessions. They do not have 60,000 people in there at one time.
If tickets are 4 individual 4 hour sessions and they sold 60000 tickets, then at any given time there were...15000 people there.

Posted by njseahawksfan

One thing to remember when comparing the size of events is to know what type of attendance figures the organization uses. 

For example, people constantly compare the turnstile attendance of SDCC to the total number of unique badges attendance number of GenCon and then (falsely) claim that SDCC is the larger event.  Make sure you compare apples to apples.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
4 5 6 8
4 5 6 8