Gen Con Rear Guard
Posted by aaronmlopez

I propose that the Gen Con Rear Guard meet at one of the connected hotels and order a pizza or just have everyone fend for themselves and have a meet/greet/eat/game session starting anytime after about 4/5 pm...

Posted by divachelle aaronmlopez

aaronmlopez wrote:
I propose that the Gen Con Rear Guard meet at one of the connected hotels and order a pizza or just have everyone fend for themselves and have a meet/greet/eat/game session starting anytime after about 4/5 pm...
+1 on this!

Posted by leswhittaker

I'd be up for joining the Rear Guard!  We're not leaving 'til Monday.

online
Posted by a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn? aaronmlopez

aaronmlopez wrote:
I propose that the Gen Con Rear Guard meet at one of the connected hotels and order a pizza or just have everyone fend for themselves and have a meet/greet/eat/game session starting anytime after about 4/5 pm...

Huzzah!!

Posted by aaronmlopez

I am staying downtown (Courtyard by Marriott), anyone else with a Downtown hotel this year?

Posted by virtualwizard

I'm staying by the airport this year. Looking forward to meeting everyone on Sunday.

Last year, we met and talked over pizza. This year, I'd like to play/run some after-con games. What sorts of games would everyone be interested in (i.e. roleplaying, board, card...)?

Posted by nascragman

Oops, I thought this thread was about a militant faction of the "Cosplay is not Consent" movement.  sorry

Posted by aaronmlopez virtualwizard

virtualwizard wrote:
I'm staying by the airport this year. Looking forward to meeting everyone on Sunday.
Last year, we met and talked over pizza. This year, I'd like to play/run some after-con games. What sorts of games would everyone be interested in (i.e. roleplaying, board, card...)?

Unless everyone is prepared, RPGs may not be feasible. Personally, I am more of an RPG fan than board games, but only marginally better. My vote is for board/card games. Perhaps something purchased at the Con? Good chance to show off your new loot! I know I am planning on some new board games at Gen Con as well as an expansion to Sheriff of Nottingham (but I'm not bringing the base set with me). As for RPGs, not sure if I am going to pick up any unless they become available. (Looking at the new Top Secret and a Western RPG that look good) 

Posted by loon

I'm at some sort of Hilton on Monument Circle. I should be available for this.

Posted by x51

Shoot not going to make it this year (schedule won't allow for it this year). This was a nice casual meetup after the con. Cool bunch of guys. Maybe next year.
-Jose

Posted by tcinternet

Sorry for stumbling in on this, but I work at the JW... would the Rear Guard be interested in using a meeting room there if I could secure it? Seems like a pretty cool meet-up.

Posted by aaronmlopez

That sounds good to me! Thanks for the offer! Not sure how many we will have (last year, I think we had 10) but any space would be much appreciated!

Posted by virtualwizard tcinternet

tcinternet wrote:
Sorry for stumbling in on this, but I work at the JW... would the Rear Guard be interested in using a meeting room there if I could secure it? Seems like a pretty cool meet-up.

I think a meeting room at the JW would be great. What would be needed to secure one?

 

Posted by virtualwizard aaronmlopez

aaronmlopez wrote:
virtualwizard wrote:
I'm staying by the airport this year. Looking forward to meeting everyone on Sunday.
Last year, we met and talked over pizza. This year, I'd like to play/run some after-con games. What sorts of games would everyone be interested in (i.e. roleplaying, board, card...)?

Unless everyone is prepared, RPGs may not be feasible. Personally, I am more of an RPG fan than board games, but only marginally better. My vote is for board/card games. Perhaps something purchased at the Con? Good chance to show off your new loot! I know I am planning on some new board games at Gen Con as well as an expansion to Sheriff of Nottingham (but I'm not bringing the base set with me). As for RPGs, not sure if I am going to pick up any unless they become available. (Looking at the new Top Secret and a Western RPG that look good) 

If there were interest in RPGs, I would be up for running something in the D&D or Savage Worlds line and provide pregens.

For board games, I'll bring Zombies and Lords of Waterdeep.

online
Posted by a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn? virtualwizard

virtualwizard wrote:
aaronmlopez wrote:
virtualwizard wrote:
I'm staying by the airport this year. Looking forward to meeting everyone on Sunday.
Last year, we met and talked over pizza. This year, I'd like to play/run some after-con games. What sorts of games would everyone be interested in (i.e. roleplaying, board, card...)?

Unless everyone is prepared, RPGs may not be feasible. Personally, I am more of an RPG fan than board games, but only marginally better. My vote is for board/card games. Perhaps something purchased at the Con? Good chance to show off your new loot! I know I am planning on some new board games at Gen Con as well as an expansion to Sheriff of Nottingham (but I'm not bringing the base set with me). As for RPGs, not sure if I am going to pick up any unless they become available. (Looking at the new Top Secret and a Western RPG that look good) 

If there were interest in RPGs, I would be up for running something in the D&D or Savage Worlds line and provide pregens.For board games, I'll bring Zombies and Lords of Waterdeep.

I'd been wondering about pre-gens as well; I've got a couple of Beer & Pretzels one-shots I can drag along, one using QAGS, one using a heavily cut-down version of Fate.

Posted by aaronmlopez

I wouldn't mind RPGs. I'm playing D&D, Firefly, 7th Sea (2nd Edition), and Numenera while I am there. I actually don't have any board games scheduled this year. I am planning on picking up a few if I spot them. So I may just bring Sheriff of Nottingham base set or something like "Aye! Dark Overlord" which will be a lot of fun with a large group. 

Gen Con Wish List: 
- New Firefly board game from Gale Force Nine (Brigands and Browncoats)
- Top Secret: New World Order (Though I doubt that it will be ready in time. Still in Kickstarter)
- Western The Roleplaying Game (English version finally coming out!)
- Sheriff of Nottingham Expansion
- A copy of Talisman (4th edition) and all the expansion (from the Auction unless I find someone giving it away...)

But I am really up for anything. Recently, I have been introduces to Burgle Brothers, Tokaido, Blood Rage, Bloodborne, and several others and have enjoyed them all.

Posted by tcinternet aaronmlopez

aaronmlopez wrote:
That sounds good to me! Thanks for the offer! Not sure how many we will have (last year, I think we had 10) but any space would be much appreciated!
I'll secure one tomorrow and report back!

Posted by aaronmlopez tcinternet

tcinternet wrote:
aaronmlopez wrote:
That sounds good to me! Thanks for the offer! Not sure how many we will have (last year, I think we had 10) but any space would be much appreciated!
I'll secure one tomorrow and report back!

Thank you! Let me know if there is anything I need to do for this. Hopefully we can make this an annual event.
 

Posted by tcinternet

OK! I've got a reservation for a 3rd floor Meeting Room starting at 3:30... I just need to know approximately how many people to reserve for, and we'll have the room number.

Posted by aaronmlopez tcinternet

tcinternet wrote:
OK! I've got a reservation for a 3rd floor Meeting Room starting at 3:30... I just need to know approximately how many people to reserve for, and we'll have the room number.

Sounds Awesome! If I had to guess, right now it would be somewhere between 10-20 people. Probably closer to the 10 people.

For those just looking at this thread, we established the Gen Con Rear Guard last year. It is an informal get together for those who are staying the final Sunday of Gen Con to hang out, share Con stories, perhaps eat and do some gaming. It is open to any who want to show up. Stay as long as you like, leave when you like. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
2 4