Gen Con Rear Guard
1 2 4
1 2 4

it can be fun to run away wrote:
[/forums/22-general-info-2017/topics/6746-gen-con-rear-guard?page=3#41032ined] psimon wrote:[/url]
Also, now looking for Forward Guard posts...

Well, since you mentioned it, ...Got in at 1am (the train got stuck behind a freight train, so we crawled through most of Indiana)
For anyone staying at the JW, they're currently doing some construction in the restaurant where breakfast happens, so there's been some reorganization, and a bunch of table space ... isn't. 
They might be in the finishing up stage, so maybe they'll have the space back before the Hungry Nerdy Hoarde descends upon them.
-------
Yep, just overhead someone say that they're finishing the floor today.
You mean the Marriott Downtown, right? To my knowledge, we have NO construction going on at the JW right now.

Posted by a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn? tcinternet

tcinternet wrote:
it can be fun to run away wrote:
[/forums/22-general-info-2017/topics/6746-gen-con-rear-guard?page=4#41122ined] psimon wrote:[/url]
Also, now looking for Forward Guard posts...

Well, since you mentioned it, ...Got in at 1am (the train got stuck behind a freight train, so we crawled through most of Indiana)
For anyone staying at the JW, they're currently doing some construction in the restaurant where breakfast happens, so there's been some reorganization, and a bunch of table space ... isn't. 
They might be in the finishing up stage, so maybe they'll have the space back before the Hungry Nerdy Hoarde descends upon them.
-------
Yep, just overhead someone say that they're finishing the floor today.
You mean the Marriott Downtown, right? To my knowledge, we have NO construction going on at the JW right now.

Construction may be the wrong word (I'm not a local), but they were doing something to the floor in Osteria Pronto this morning. At a guess, they were about to resurface it; they were just putting down the thinset when I left.

Posted by jlawry86 leswhittaker

leswhittaker wrote:
See you nerds there.

EEEXXXCCCUUUSSSEEE MMMEEE?!1!

...I'm a geek, thank you very much. :)

Posted by tcinternet

Everyone, just a quick update: Due to our hotel's contractual arrangement with Gen Con, Room 312 will not be available until 4:30. You are more than welcome to be around in the lobbies or event space, but I can't open up the room until then. Still hoping to see everyone!

Posted by aaronmlopez tcinternet

tcinternet wrote:
Everyone, just a quick update: Due to our hotel's contractual arrangement with Gen Con, Room 312 will not be available until 4:30. You are more than welcome to be around in the lobbies or event space, but I can't open up the room until then. Still hoping to see everyone!

Not a problem. I'll update the original post. 

Posted by virtualwizard

I'll be there in a little bit. Need to answer a couple of emails.

Posted by virtualwizard

I had a wonderful time playing boardgames with everyone and looking forward to seeing all of you next year.

TCInternet, thanks again for reserving the room for us. I hope you get well soon.

To everyone else, look forward to Rear Guard returning to GEN Con 2018 for more after-con gaming. 

Until next year,

Steve

Posted by jlawry86

Hey guys! Sorry I missed you at the convention this year. I saw pretty much everything I wanted to by Saturday, and I also had a full night of packing ahead of me, so I left a day early.

I'm definitely planning on attending Gen Con next year, so hopefully I'll see everyone there. Until then...game on!

Posted by aaronmlopez

Likewise, Steve! Good to see you again this year. 

I had a blast "After Con gaming" and hanging out. Cannot wait until next year!

Posted by tcinternet

Guys, so sorry I missed the opportunity to hang out and game with you. I've already booked rooms 307-308 for next year, so we'll have a nice view and twice the space. Hope everyone had fun!

Posted by aaronmlopez

We cannot thank you enough, Tim! Already looking forward to Rear Guard 2018!

Posted by divachelle

Steve, Aaron, & AJ, we had such a great time!

Tim, thanks so much for reserving the room. We appreciate it a whole bunch. 

To the second group who came in, I'm sorry I didn't get to meet y'all, but it looked like y'all had a great time with Sheriff of Nottingham. 

We're looking forward to next year already, too. 

Posted by leswhittaker

Just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for setting up the room and hosting.  I was in the group that joined y'all.  Hope you keep up this tradition.

Posted by loon

Thank you for setting this up. Next year, I'll endeavor to get there before 10 pm...

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 2 4