4-Day Badges Sold Out, Limited Single-Day Badges Remain
(Pinned)
1 3 4 5
1 3 4 5
Posted by mikeboozer

As announced today via [press release], 4-Day badges for Gen Con 50 now have sold out. Sales of single-day badges (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Family Fun) will continue at gencon.com, though supplies are limited. Interested in attending? You still can, but you should purchase your badges soon, as single-day badges also are expected to reach a sellout. Family Fun Day (Sunday, August 20) badges remain, and allow four people to attend for $45. Children ages 8-and-under are free to attend any day of Gen Con with a child wristband.

Due to these expected sellouts, Gen Con will not offer on-site badge sales at Gen Con 50. Any remaining badges will be available for sale at gencon.com with will call pick-up. As in prior years, Gen Con will offer 24-hour will call, starting at noon on Wednesday, August 16 and staying open throughout the entire convention. To help speed up the will call process, Gen Con will expand the area.

The Gen Con team would like to thank all the attendees that have chosen to "Celebrate Gaming History" at Gen Con 50!

Posted by david campbell

That's incredible. Congratulations!

Posted by bushmaster

Wow. Who would have ever thought...

Posted by rhone1

Way to go Gen Con!  

Posted by bith

So, who's up for that Thursday rush to the dealer hall?  Gonna be waaaaaay too crowded.

Posted by gencon322198

Unbelievable

Posted by varelseshrike bith

bithlord wrote:
So, who's up for that Thursday rush to the dealer hall?  Gonna be waaaaaay too crowded.

Yep, RIP to my wishlist this year.

Not going to be nearly enough product. I know the retailers cant bring too much product because anything they dont sell is too expensive to ship back. Also, most new games don't have enough produced yet to bring a ton of copies. 

Posted by andrewj.rager

Yup I'll be on the second floor watching the madness this year. No way I am trying that again. Most things end up on Cool Stuff 40% off by October. lol

Posted by grimlon42

I have a friend who has been a little down financially recently and did not get a chance to purchase the 4-day badge, and he was going to purchase it this upcoming week. Is buying each individual day pass the only way for him to attend the con now?

Posted by trace_sl grimlon42

grimlon42 wrote:
I have a friend who has been a little down financially recently and did not get a chance to purchase the 4-day badge, and he was going to purchase it this upcoming week. Is buying each individual day pass the only way for him to attend the con now?

He can volunteer at the ENnie booth for 3 shifts and they will provide a badge - see EN World for details.

Posted by divachelle andrewj.rager

andrewj.rager wrote:
Yup I'll be on the second floor watching the madness this year. 
That's where we hang out every year...15 minutes after the hall opens, we scoot in and get what we want.

Posted by andrewj.rager divachelle

divachelle wrote:
andrewj.rager wrote:
That's where we hang out every year...15 minutes after the hall opens, we scoot in and get what we want.
Yup that will be the plan see you on the balcony. :)

Posted by jm.spellslinger andrewj.rager

andrewj.rager wrote:
divachelle wrote:
andrewj.rager wrote:
Yup that will be the plan see you on the balcony. :)
Ill be there too, taking photos to send all of my sad friends who are unable to attend due to badges selling out!

Posted by rutherfordr

So how many badges were sold?

Posted by divachelle jm.spellslinger

jm.spellslinger wrote:Ill be there too, taking photos to send all of my sad friends who are unable to attend due to badges selling out!
Are there really lots of people who missed out on 4-day badges? We always buy ours way early, so this is a foreign concept to me. I'm asking honestly, not being a jerk.

Posted by brumcg divachelle

divachelle wrote:
Are there really lots of people who missed out on 4-day badges?

I'm not sure if they are buying 4-day badges, but there's always a healthy number of folks in line to buy badges on Wednesday and Thursday.   There are plenty of people more spontaneous than I am...

Posted by brumcg rutherfordr

rutherfordr wrote:
So how many badges were sold?

It hasn't been announced.  I'm hoping it will be.

Posted by ronin357

Congrats gencon!

Posted by roganca

worst BADGE CAP Ever!

Just kidding. Congrats Gen Con.

Posted by trace_sl

You know, I really do hope the cap is due to building code, I would hate to think it was because they did not buy enough 4-day badges :)

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3 4 5
1 3 4 5