First Exhibition Hall stop?
2 4 5
2 4 5
Posted by squall611

Renegade Game Studios will be my first stop. Raiders of the North Sea, Flip ships, Sentient, Scott Pilgrim.

Posted by tamwulf

Probably the rest room from standing outside the doors for several hours. Followed by the drinking fountain.

Posted by rayken

"yes, finally in... GenCon bathrooms here I come"

Posted by jtzell nascragman

nascragman wrote:
I'm going to have to make myself a map.  I need to wander to each of the booths of Nascrag's friends who give us prizes every year with my wagon.  I don't have a 2017 list yet, but last year it was:

• Dwarven Forge
  • Fat Dragon Games
  • Gaming Paper
  • Green Ronin
  • Iron Wind Metals
  • Paizo
  • Campaign Coins
  • Atlas Games
  • Evil Hat
  • Gamer Concepts
  • Greater Than Games

And new friend this year, Pick Up and Go Games

I too love Fat Dragon Games but they are not on the list this year. I was bummed when I saw that

Posted by jtzell

For me the first stop is going to be 1) Paizo for Starfinder and then the 2) commemorative dice then the 3) auction store. I am just so psyched to get back this year.

Posted by braewe

Commemorative dice, then Dark Sword Minis, then wander.

Posted by solumar

For me it is the Sentinel Comics RPG starter box from Greater than Games.  I have done the demo the last two years and loved it. 

Posted by loon

I think Paizo said that Starfinder isn't being released until 11 am (though I can't remember where I saw that and I could very well be wrong). So perhaps heading straight there might not be the best use of time because even the front of the line would be an hour's wait.

Plus, Starfinder is magic in space, right?

Posted by dynel loon

loon wrote:
I think Paizo said that Starfinder isn't being released until 11 am (though I can't remember where I saw that and I could very well be wrong). So perhaps heading straight there might not be the best use of time because even the front of the line would be an hour's wait.
if you have a source for that info, I'd like to look at it.  That would be interesting, and bothersome!

I was there in '09 when Pathfinder was released, and it was available as soon as the door opened.  Things could change, though, I imagine.  

Posted by stryder_crb

I want to check out Unearth, and maybe pick that up. 

Posted by syntyche braewe

braewe wrote:
Commemorative dice, then Dark Sword Minis, then wander.

Dark Sword isn't going to be there this year. He's taking the year off from conventions. :(

I'm not sure where we are going. Probably just to randomly amble and look at neat dice.

Posted by trace_sl brumcg

brumcg wrote:
trace_sl wrote:
Mine is R. Talsorian Games, don't know if it is going to be released at Gen Con, have not heard but I am hoping that The Witcher pnp is out.  Then it will be over to the Paizo Booth for Starfinder. 

This will likely be my second stop although I'd bet heavily against Witcher RPG being available.  Hopefully a preview?Junk Spirit Games will likely be my first to look at By Order of the Queen - a co-op board game.  My first stops are in the back right corner of the hall as I try to acclimate to the crowds.  My decision is more location based than booth based.

R. Talsorian with a booth, the Witcher Seminars and as long as it has been in production, I am leaning for it being available.  Think it would be a product failure if it did not come out at Gen Con. 

Posted by ryric

As a note to those grabbing Starfinder, as I am also interested in that: You can subscribe to Starfinder on the Paizo site if you intend to keep up with the game releases, and if you do that, there is an option to set your subscription for pickup at Gen Con, at which point they will hold it for you so you can go when the line has died down. That's what I'm doing.

Posted by brumcg trace_sl

trace_sl wrote:R. Talsorian with a booth, the Witcher Seminars and as long as it has been in production, I am leaning for it being available.  Think it would be a product failure if it did not come out at Gen Con. 

I agree it would be a product failure, but it happens every year.  The R. Talsorian blog hasn't had a post or social media comment about Witcher since May, and it was clearly still in development at that time.  It just seems like unlikely turnaround to finish, get approvals, and print.

I hope I'm wrong!  Hopefully they will announce a thumbs up or down in the next few weeks.

Posted by brumcg loon

loon wrote:

I confirmed with Jeff Alvarez @ Paizo that Starfinder will be for sale when the hall opens.

Posted by deadsaidfred

What time do folks usually start gathering for the Exhibit Hall opening on Thursday?

Posted by austicke deadsaidfred

deadsaidfred wrote:What time do folks usually start gathering for the Exhibit Hall opening on Thursday?

Some people arrive way earlier than I would think necessary (7:30???), but I've heard people getting to the front by arriving as late as 9:00.

Before I had early access, my preference was to arrive around 9:30 and watch the mayhem from the second floor and then casually walk into the hall around 10:05 once the line clears.

Posted by loon brumcg

brumcg wrote:
loon wrote:

I confirmed with Jeff Alvarez @ Paizo that Starfinder will be for sale when the hall opens.
Not only are you telling me I'm wrong, you're also providing some level of evidence. Thanks for doing that.

This'll make the first-booth question easier for lots of people. I'm still undecided on starfinder.

Posted by dynel austicke

austicke wrote:
deadsaidfred wrote:What time do folks usually start gathering for the Exhibit Hall opening on Thursday?

Some people arrive way earlier than I would think necessary (7:30???), but I've heard people getting to the front by arriving as late as 9:00.Before I had early access, my preference was to arrive around 9:30 and watch the mayhem from the second floor and then casually walk into the hall around 10:05 once the line clears.
I plan on getting up early (5-ish), grabbing some food in hopes to avoid the breakfast rush, then head over to the exhibition hall.  I usually take a seat on the floor and watch the chaotic storm form leading up to the 10 am madness!

Posted by trace_sl

Got to say, I find it more fun to watch the rush myself. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
2 4 5
2 4 5