First Exhibition Hall stop?
1 3 5
1 3 5
Posted by dreamitdoit

I told myself that I would spend less time in the exhibit hall this year in order to buy fewer games, but I may end up skipping thursday events just to get IN THERE. I may try to plop down for demo games at Renegade's booth or something while the early crowds are bouncing around buying stuff before sellout.

Posted by malfakter

It's a toss-up for me.  In no particular order, I'll be hitting Kingdom Death: Monster, Pandasaurus Games, Monolith and Stonemaier Games.  Then to see if there are any Gen Con exclusives I want and any other gems I haven't heard of yet.

Posted by apparentlymarylee

How are you able to watch from the 2nd floor? I think that's what I'd like to do. Is the convention center open and it's just the hall that's closed until then or..?

If it's available, I'm making a beeline for Pandemic Legacy 2.

Posted by austicke apparentlymarylee

apparentlymarylee wrote:How are you able to watch from the 2nd floor?

Just go upstairs above the exhibit hall entrances and open your eyes. :)
Is the convention center open and it's just the hall that's closed until then or..?

Right, the convention center doesn't close.

Posted by dynel

Well, since I was clued in on the fact that Starfinder can be preordered via subcription and picked up at the con, I am now able to make Green Ronin my first stop with Columbia Games being second!

Posted by stiehle austicke

austicke wrote:
apparentlymarylee wrote:How are you able to watch from the 2nd floor?

Just go upstairs above the exhibit hall entrances and open your eyes. :)
Is the convention center open and it's just the hall that's closed until then or..?

Right, the convention center doesn't close.

I didn't realize that the center is always open.  Is that a solid 24 hours each day during GenCon or do they close at some ungodly hour in the morning for a couple hours before opening their doors (maybe for cleaning or something?)

Also, I've got a pretty packed schedule, though I've got an hour between each event so I don't have to rush.  Still, I only left a couple three hour gaps to sort of wander the halls.  What time does the Exhibit Hall close once GenCon begins?  Are there other places to visit with limited hours?  I'm hoping some of them are open until the wee hours of the morning so I can wander around after my events that end at midnight or thereabouts are over.

Thanks!

Posted by austicke stiehle

stiehle wrote:I didn't realize that the center is always open.  Is that a solid 24 hours each day during GenCon or do they close at some ungodly hour in the morning for a couple hours before opening their doors (maybe for cleaning or something?)

The former. Some areas (like the exhibit hall) close but not the building altogether.
What time does the Exhibit Hall close once GenCon begins?

The exhibit hall is open Thursday through Saturday 10:00am - 6:00pm and Sunday 10:00am - 4:00pm.
Are there other places to visit with limited hours?

Sure, plenty. The auction is closes at 11:00pm on Thursday and midnight on Friday and Saturday. The games library closes from 4:00am - 8:00am each night. And there are a variety of hours for plenty of other areas and events.

Posted by turbostar

commemorative dice for sure!  Got to grab one every year!

Posted by rutherfordr

Renegade Game Studios is my first stop in the exhibit hall -- they've been making some fantastic games lately (Lanterns, Lotus, Sentient).

Posted by rhone1

My first stop will definitely be WotC.

Posted by david campbell rhone1

rhone1 wrote:
My first stop will definitely be WotC.

I hear they have excellent lanyards this year.

Posted by garhkal turbostar

turbostar wrote:

Most definitely..  Admittedly i've slacked off some years..  But with this being the 50th! You betcha i am getting one!

Posted by mvotruba turbostar

turbostar wrote:
+1

Posted by brumcg turbostar

turbostar wrote:

Someone asked me to pick up a set for them.  I told them sure, but I don't wait in lines for myself so I won't wait in a line for them.

Is he going to get a set, or is there enough supply to meet the demand?

Posted by armadilloal

I don't think they've ever run out on Thursday, although they might be gone by the end of the week.  Just don't wait until the last minute and you should be fine.

Posted by brumcg armadilloal

armadilloal wrote:
I don't think they've ever run out on Thursday, although they might be gone by the end of the week.  Just don't wait until the last minute and you should be fine.

Thanks!

Posted by garhkal brumcg

brumcg wrote:
armadilloal wrote:

Thanks!

In my 17 or so gencons, i have yet to see them run out..  Even on Sunday afternoons..

Posted by quarex austicke

austicke wrote:
stiehle wrote:Are there other places to visit with limited hours?

Sure, plenty. The auction is closes at 11:00pm on Thursday and midnight on Friday and Saturday. The games library closes from 4:00am - 8:00am each night. And there are a variety of hours for plenty of other areas and events.____________________________________________________
Alec Usticke, Unofficial Gen Con Indy Facebook Discussion Group

The Auction might formally go until 11 (honestly I do not remember despite being a huge fanboy/volunteer), but realistically it often goes to Midnight.  It used to sometimes go even later on Friday and Saturday, but they have done a good job reeling in the overrun in the past few years.  Well, O.K., I was not there last year to know, but I assume they kept up the good work.

Posted by thewisewizard

First stop is defiantly Goodman Games for muntant crawl classics and the collectors keep on the borderlands. Then it's off to cubicle 7.

Posted by soulcatcher78 thewisewizard

thewisewizard wrote:
First stop is defiantly Goodman Games for muntant crawl classics and the collectors keep on the borderlands. Then it's off to cubicle 7.
MCC hardcover may be delayed until after Gen Con due to errata changes being added.  Better to have it right than fast I suppose.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3 5
1 3 5