Badge shipping notification
Posted by hahnarama

Just curious has anyone else received a shipping notification or their badge yet? 

Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, hoping I will be here to sign for it when it arrives

Posted by buffythecatslayer

You can click on your tracking # and go to the USPS website and set up notifications for your packet.

Posted by darkeldar

I'm assuming they are still processing shipping packets out, as I haven't seen any notification on the "My Packets" page. I went with getting my badge shipped this year, as I can only attend one day, Saturday.

Posted by cmegus

They are going in alphabetical order by last name and last report they were on the “M”s.

Keep checking this post for updates:

https://www.gencon.com/forums/8-attendees-customers/topics/15289-usps-shipping-has-started?page=2#61769

G

Posted by hahnarama

You're not going to get a notification. You have to sign up for an account on USPS, it's free. I've had mine for years and it has gotten better with the info it provides. The package will be coming from EASYPOST/PARCEL PARTNERS out of Seattle 

Hope this helps 

Posted by buffythecatslayer

You don't need an account with USPS. Just click on the tracking number on your  My Packets page. This will take you to the USPS site, and you can sign up for email alerts there.  You will get a ton of emails.. everytime the packet is scanned, it seems they send one.

Posted by burrfoot72

Uh oh.  Post office sent my package out for delivery and now its saying it was return to the post office for address verification.  I'm curious as to what this means.  Never had this happen and I have it sent every year with never an issue before.

Posted by cmegus burrfoot72

burrfoot72 wrote:
Uh oh.  Post office sent my package out for delivery and now its saying it was return to the post office for address verification.  I'm curious as to what this means.  Never had this happen and I have it sent every year with never an issue before.

Just a thought, but maybe call or even better go TO that post office and get clarification.

I would.

G

Posted by komoridarkclaw

If its anything like what happened to me a few years back, Gen Con marked it as "Requires Signature".
If no one was there to sign it, they bring it back to the post office until someone does come to pick it up and sign.
A bit of a hassle, but to be fair I wouldn't want my non-replaceable badge and tickets worth several hundred dollars just sitting on my doorstep for a day.

~Komori

Posted by selene314 burrfoot72

burrfoot72 wrote:

Mine has been bouncing around the wrong towns :(

Sounds like they might have done a bad job of printing the addresses.

Posted by burrfoot72 komoridarkclaw

komoridarkclaw wrote:
If its anything like what happened to me a few years back, Gen Con marked it as "Requires Signature".
If no one was there to sign it, they bring it back to the post office until someone does come to pick it up and sign.
A bit of a hassle, but to be fair I wouldn't want my non-replaceable badge and tickets worth several hundred dollars just sitting on my doorstep for a day.
~Komori

I'm never at home when the deliver and they always leave a hanger on the door saying come pick it up.  They didn't do that this time I'm guessing because the address wasn't verified (whatever they mean by that).  Plan on swinging by on the way home from work with a printout of the tracking and tracking number.  I did try calling from work a couple times today and it rings about a hundred times (exaggeration) and then someone picks up, doesn't say anything, hangs up and then the phone just beeps at me.  Hahaha.  

Oh well.  I'll get it resolved.  Not my first rodeo with the post office.  First time ever with an issue getting the package from Gen Con and its always been the same address since I have been coming for 8 years now.  

Posted by kethryveris1980

Monday, the mail carrier came with my Gen Con packet to sign for, but he was a substitute carrier they'd pulled in from another town and he couldn't figure out how to work the scanner for me to sign it, so he gave me the missed delivery slip to pick up the envelope at the post office.

No big deal, I live literally a block away, so I wait and go down just before closing in case the carrier had already made it back (we're one of the last houses on the route.) He hadn't, so I told the guy working I'd be back to pick it up tomorrow.

I go down Tuesday morning, and the woman working can't find it in the office. It hasn't been scanned as being out for delivery again. She calls the person that sorted the mail for the carriers, and she doesn't specifically remember sending it out, and the carrier for my route has a lot of mail and doesn't know if he has it. She says it's "probably" out for redelivery and takes my phone number.

I get a call later that the mail carrier does have it, so I wait for the mail to be delivered. It's our regular carrier this time, and he does have the packet, but when he goes to scan it so I can sign, he finds out his scanner has been password locked, and he doesn't have a password for it.

I was just about to tell him to make sure when he gets back to the post office to tell the person working to NOT F*****G SEND IT OUT AGAIN when he just hands it to me anyway. Chaotic Good.

Posted by darkeldar darkeldar

darkeldar wrote:
I'm assuming they are still processing shipping packets out, as I haven't seen any notification on the "My Packets" page. I went with getting my badge shipped this year, as I can only attend one day, Saturday.
USPS went from 0 to 60 in nothing flat. it wasn't till late this afternoon I went from waiting for them to receive, to delivery tomorrow. Glad I set shipping to my office.

And just dropped off 10:30 6/28.

Oh well, no Golden Ticket.....

Posted by bugwar

Gee, I feel for you guys.
Mine arrived without any problems.
Though I did have to be at home that day till it arrived.  (Around eleven that morning.)

Though maybe if I return to Gencon in a later year I will just do the will call on Wednesday.

Posted by burrfoot72

Mines all good.  It was waiting for me at the post office to pick up as always.  It was just weird seeing the status online saying address verification needed and the carrier not leaving a hanger on the door like they always do.  False alarm for me.  Not sure how they got in and took my golden ticket though without unsealing it.......

Posted by maijstral2

Mine is waiting at the post office, I work Saturdays so I wasn't home and they left me a note telling me I could pick it up at the post office on 6/31 :). I hope they will let me get it on 7/1 :P.

Posted by cmegus kethryveris1980

kethryveris1980 wrote:
Monday, the mail carrier came with my Gen Con packet to sign for, but he was a substitute carrier they'd pulled in from another town and he couldn't figure out how to work the scanner for me to sign it, so he gave me the missed delivery slip to pick up the envelope at the post office.
No big deal, I live literally a block away, so I wait and go down just before closing in case the carrier had already made it back (we're one of the last houses on the route.) He hadn't, so I told the guy working I'd be back to pick it up tomorrow.
I go down Tuesday morning, and the woman working can't find it in the office. It hasn't been scanned as being out for delivery again. She calls the person that sorted the mail for the carriers, and she doesn't specifically remember sending it out, and the carrier for my route has a lot of mail and doesn't know if he has it. She says it's "probably" out for redelivery and takes my phone number.
I get a call later that the mail carrier does have it, so I wait for the mail to be delivered. It's our regular carrier this time, and he does have the packet, but when he goes to scan it so I can sign, he finds out his scanner has been password locked, and he doesn't have a password for it.
I was just about to tell him to make sure when he gets back to the post office to tell the person working to NOT F*****G SEND IT OUT AGAIN when he just hands it to me anyway. Chaotic Good.

What you did would be closer to Lawful Neutral :)

Chaotic Good would be snatching it from his hand and make him fix his scanner there but promise to give it back if he couldn’t.

Chaotic Neutral would be snatching it and slamming the door in his face.

Chaotic Evil would be shooting the guy and taking it.

So it could have been worse...

G

Posted by kethryveris1980 cmegus

cmegus wrote:
kethryveris1980 wrote:

What you did would be closer to Lawful Neutral :)Chaotic Good would be snatching it from his hand and make him fix his scanner there but promise to give it back if he couldn’t.
Chaotic Neutral would be snatching it and slamming the door in his face.
Chaotic Evil would be shooting the guy and taking it.
So it could have been worse...
G

The carrier that gave me my packet without me having to sign instead of taking it back to the post office was CG

Posted by mumsnarf

This seems like a lot of effort. What do you guys have against the will call line? Getting in on Thursday?

Posted by buffythecatslayer mumsnarf

mumsnarf wrote:This seems like a lot of effort. What do you guys have against the will call line? Getting in on Thursday?

The shipping screwups are a tiny fraction of the deliveries.  Most people get their packets with no issues.  Much better than standing in line for 30 minutes to over an hour, depending on when you can arrive.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.