Tuesday night gaming?
2 3 4 6
2 3 4 6
Posted by dranthor

I got it and sent you mine back 

Posted by eaglerocknerd

I will be getting there Tuesday evening and staying at the downtown Marriott.

I was hoping to get find someone to play Root but I also have and will bring other games if needed.

I have Rising Sun, Journeys in Middle Earth, Mansions of Madness and tons of other games.

If anyone is interested let me know and maybe we can meet up in one of the hotel areas.

Posted by eingellis

Oooo I was hoping to find some Root at some point. I've never played but have been dying to. I'm in in the afternoon around 3, time are you getting in?

Posted by eaglerocknerd

Probably about the same time. 

I haven't played either. My play group has been on a D&D tear since I got it and I haven't been able to convince them to try it. lol

If you are willing to learn through it with me that would work for me.

Posted by thewildferret

My friend and I are looking to play some root too.

Posted by eingellis

Let do it! That's four. I'll shoot you both a private message so we can coordinate. Some other are meeting up at Good Games. We could do that. 

Posted by the orange mailman

Could someone post a summary of who, when, where, and how many?  My wife and I may go out for dinner but before and after may be up for something.

Posted by dranthor

so from what I can gather
Gaming at the near by Good Games gaming store from 2 to 10 approx I'm running HARP and maybe Star wars 
Board games/ maybe RPG at  JW Marriot. 

I can't remember where else I think it was a near by hotel.  

Posted by pshep999 dranthor

dranthor wrote:
so from what I can gather
Gaming at the near by Good Games gaming store from 2 to 10 approx I'm running HARP and maybe Star wars 
Board games/ maybe RPG at  JW Marriot. 
I can't remember where else I think it was a near by hotel.  

There are ppl gaming at the Velocity Lounge at Marriot after hours Tue night 

Posted by ladyflame

We are staying at Embassy and totally interested in gaming Tues!  Lots of game tables available :)

Posted by aaronr

I just picked up the new Young Adventurer's Guides for my kids to read through and my 8yo son is now obsessed with D&D (score!). My 9yo daughter has also expressed interest in trying it out. I offered to run a game for them but they would like me to be on the player side of the table with them.

Is there anyone interested in running a quick 1-2 hour mini adventure for me and my kids on Tuesday night? I'd be willing to provide some food and drink for a willing DM. We are staying in the Marriott. We could play there or in another downtown spot.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Other than Tuesday night, there are a few slots open for the Baldman Games 5e Adventurer's League starter D&D games.  All the openings in the link below have enough seats for the 3 of you:

Introduction to Adventure - Moonshae Isles

Posted by aaronr

Thanks for the heads up, unfortunately this year we are only going for wristbands for the kiddos otherwise I would have gone that direction. I actually am doing one of the intro adventures on Saturday with my father who has never played D&D either.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Check out the Dwarven Forge booth, 1301.  They have some scheduled 90 minute events playing on their terrain, which would require badges, but they might be running some shorter demos in-between.  Really gives a cool feeling to D&D when it's played on hills & in dungeons on the table.

Oh, and sorry for the threadjack.  Let's get this back on the original topic of Tuesday night gaming.

Posted by eingellis aaronr

aaronr wrote:
I just picked up the new Young Adventurer's Guides for my kids to read through and my 8yo son is now obsessed with D&D (score!). My 9yo daughter has also expressed interest in trying it out. I offered to run a game for them but they would like me to be on the player side of the table with them.
Is there anyone interested in running a quick 1-2 hour mini adventure for me and my kids on Tuesday night? I'd be willing to provide some food and drink for a willing DM. We are staying in the Marriott. We could play there or in another downtown spot.

Hey!  I would be willing to do this, but I might be better as a backup plan.  I'll be in Tuesday around 3, but I need to do some grocery shopping (for cost control through the con) and I have some plans to play Root (with people on this thread) around 5:30 (that I've been dying to play for months).   

What time were you thinking of doing this?  How late can your kids go?  I have a 4-year-old daughter, a 2-year-old daughter, and a 13-year-old niece (none of which are coming this year) that all play No Thank You Evil often.  I have a lot of experience with D&D, though I'm not familiar with the Young Adventurer's Guide. 

Feel free to send me a message and let me know your plans, though I think someone a little more open that night might be better. 

Posted by aaronr

There are other days and times and ways we can play. We might do some of them as well. We have Tuesday evening completely open. If there is a DM who would like to run a game for us that would be awesome!

Posted by aaronr eingellis

eingellis wrote:
aaronr wrote:

Hey!  I would be willing to do this, but I might be better as a backup plan.  I'll be in Tuesday around 3, but I need to do some grocery shopping (for cost control through the con) and I have some plans to play Root (with people on this thread) around 5:30 (that I've been dying to play for months).   What time were you thinking of doing this?  How late can your kids go?  I have a 4-year-old daughter, a 2-year-old daughter, and a 13-year-old niece (none of which are coming this year) that all play No Thank You Evil often.  I have a lot of experience with D&D, though I'm not familiar with the Young Adventurer's Guide. 
Feel free to send me a message and let me know your plans, though I think someone a little more open that night might be better. 
Awesome! I sent you a PM.

Posted by aaronr

It looks like eingellis will be able to run something for us but our schedules are a bit tight. If anyone else would like to volunteer to take some pressure off of eingellis' schedule that would be welcome. Ideally we are looking for a 1-2 hour session starting around 6.

Posted by aaronr aaronr

aaronr wrote:
It looks like eingellis will be able to run something for us but our schedules are a bit tight. If anyone else would like to volunteer to take some pressure off of eingellis' schedule that would be welcome. Ideally we are looking for a 1-2 hour session starting around 6.

Schedules have been figured out. Thanks eingellis for being super-cool!

Posted by sweet butterfly

=mediumI will be arriving on Tuesday also and would love to do some board gaming! I am a lifelong gamer in the process of catching up with modern games. I have learned a ton of new games in the last six months and am eager to keep learning more. (Gen Con will be my fifth con this year!) Along with some highly-ranked games that I have played, like Pandemic and 7 Wonders Ra and El Grande, these are some of the games I already know I like a lot and would love to play again:=mediumQuacks of Q: I love Quacks!=mediumObsession: Really like this game; have played it twice.=mediumBurgle Bros.: have played once; loved it; not found in the Gen Con library database; would need some guidance.=mediumThese are some (less common?) games I would really love to learn, especially since I am vetting new titles for my local gaming friends:=mediumDead Men Tell No Tales=mediumIndigo: some say Indigo is a better gateway game than Carcassonne (which I do like)=mediumGlüx: not found in the Gen Con library database=mediumKigi: also not found in the GC library database=mediumMajolica: resembles Azul but only superficially? not found in the GC library database=mediumI would be very excited to have the chance to play any or all of these two lists on Tuesday / Wednesday but I am very flexible and am open to playing almost anything. You will see from my list that I have not included anything with lots of fighting or war themes. =mediumI will be on foot downtown on Tuesday (staying outside of downtown Tuesday night) and checking into the Hyatt on Wednesday.=mediumThis is so much fun!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
2 3 4 6
2 3 4 6