Gen Con Rear Guard
Posted by aaronmlopez rhhata

rhhata wrote:
Is it okay for someone to show up and just pull out a RPG scenario they've been working on and ask "Hey, anyone want to play?"?  I'm thinking of having something 'in my back pocket' to pull out during a down time, and would consider running it here, if it's allowed (and I actually have it ready).

Absolutely! You may want to mention anything players may need to bring though (dice, pencils, paper, etc...) 

Posted by rhhata aaronmlopez

aaronmlopez wrote:
rhhata wrote:
Is it okay for someone to show up and just pull out a RPG scenario they've been working on and ask "Hey, anyone want to play?"?  I'm thinking of having something 'in my back pocket' to pull out during a down time, and would consider running it here, if it's allowed (and I actually have it ready).

Absolutely! You may want to mention anything players may need to bring though (dice, pencils, paper, etc...) 
I certainly will post here if anything is needed, but this is still in the early planning stage for me ... first time even considering running anything at the con (although I have -ahem- a few years experience DMing for friends).

Posted by the orange mailman

My wife and I have come the past 2 years and had a great time.  I'm the guy that ran Formula D.

Posted by aaronmlopez the orange mailman

the orange mailman wrote:
My wife and I have come the past 2 years and had a great time.  I'm the guy that ran Formula D.

I had a great time playing Formula D!!! But I think my tire changer failed sometime during the race... I want a refund! lol! 

Posted by x51

Woot! Looks like I can make it this year after all. I was at the first one which was at Giordanos if I remember correctly.

Posted by aaronmlopez x51

x51 wrote:
Woot! Looks like I can make it this year after all. I was at the first one which was at Giordanos if I remember correctly.

Awesome! Glad you are able to make it again! We keep growing year after year! 

Posted by dranthor

I'll definitely be there. I could run something depending.. I'm running on Tuesday maybe wednesday and if people haven't done the things I'm running I'd be willing to run. One is a HARP fantasy. and one is a modified Star Wars.

Posted by the orange mailman

My wife and I are coming again.  It seems pretty relaxed so we will just bring a couple of games and either get in on one or run one.  We will bring snacks again, too.

Posted by aaronmlopez

Sounds good! See you there!

Posted by funny-shaped dice

Hey all. Not super familiar with the JW and my wife and I would like to join in.

I assume the lobby is on the main floor near checkin or are you talking about a lobby somewhere else? Any "Rear Guard" banners/signs we can watch for?

Posted by virtualwizard

Welcome.
No banners/signs that I am aware of. The lobby is on your right past the main doors.

Posted by virtualwizard

I am sitting near the lobby bar in a high backed chair with a Kingdoms box next to me.

Steve

Posted by brooks

Can't make it until later. When everyone gets a room/location can you post where it is?

Thanks!

Posted by dranthor

Where is everyone meeting now 

Posted by virtualwizard

Not certain about a room. I am sitting at the same place as my last post.

Posted by virtualwizard

I am off to dinner not certain when I'll be back. Have a great post Con meeting. 

Posted by berialpha

I'll swing by whenever I can get myself moving out of The Alexander. At least I've dropped my stuff off, but it's a hike back to the JW.

Posted by x51

Let me know where we are at I think I can make it later. 

Posted by x51

I am here at JW.

Where are we?

Posted by brooks

I was by myself a little while ago and couldn't find anyone... is there a conference room or something everyone is in?

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.