Refund Info
( Locked)
Posted by monkeyknifefight timjs21

timjs21 wrote:
For those interested I just received word from GenCon customer service that no refunds will be issued since the deadline has passed. 
I must say how disappointed I am upon hearing this.  GenCon waited to change the mask policy until just days after the refund deadline.  I find that more than a little coincidental since the COVID numbers had been rising for weeks before that.  They now offer no flexibility to those no longer wishing to attend.  That shows me their true colors.  I had attended GenCon in Indy for the past ten years straight.  This will be my last and one I will not enjoy.
timjs21 wrote:
For those interested I just received word from GenCon customer service that no refunds will be issued since the deadline has passed. 
I must say how disappointed I am upon hearing this.  GenCon waited to change the mask policy until just days after the refund deadline.  I find that more than a little coincidental since the COVID numbers had been rising for weeks before that.  They now offer no flexibility to those no longer wishing to attend.  That shows me their true colors.  I had attended GenCon in Indy for the past ten years straight.  This will be my last and one I will not enjoy.
I would try a chargeback through your credit card. It would also be my last GenCon. I knew they were going to do this so I never bothered registering this year. Still leaves a bad taste in my mouth though.

Posted by quarex

Cool, recommending fraud against Gen Con, that is certainly the best course of action

Posted by adcjones timjs21

timjs21 wrote:
=inheritThanks Squirecam.  I appreciate the info but I'd like an official response from someone at GenCon. The mask policy has changed and based on that, I'd like a refund.  I regard this similar to a gym where they post signs saying that they are not liable for items stolen in their locker rooms.  You can say that and post it, but legally you are liable and can be sued.  I'm not saying I'm looking to take legal action - yet, but I'd like an answer to begin with.  I'm not sure how anyone can legally take payment for something and prior to that service/event being provided say they will not allow a refund.

Lol, good luck on the legal action.  GenCon is a private company and has no responsibility to refund your money based on a decision by you.  If you want to take part in society you have to meet societal norms.  Mask up.  It's really no big deal.  Stop being a snowflake.

On the flip side, I do think GenCon has mishandled this year's Con and I'm not happy with them or several of the big name vendors.  Everyone has screwed this up this year.

Posted by mikeboozer

Chargebacks will be defended by Gen Con. 

This topic has run it's course.

Mike

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 2 4