Generic Ticket Refund Missing?
Normal
Small
Posted by zebrainkc

Has anyone had any issues with returning the generic tickets at the end of GenCon and it not showing up as system credit or a credit to your credit card?

I returned my generic tickets back in August and was given a receipt for the refund, which I've since thrown away. This weekend while checking my account it shows no system credit and I've gone back through my credit card history and see no refund there. I've emailed customer support about the issue but for some reason my transaction history doesn't show I did the refund.

Last year was my first GenCon and I can't wait to go back this year! I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. Maybe I did something wrong. I wish I took a pic of the receipt. If I have any left this year I know I'll be taking that pic this time around.

 

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

No problems here. If you archive your emails, they usually email a receipt as well.

Generic tickets are never refunded back to your credit card, only system credit.

_____________________________________
Alec Usticke, Fans of Gen Con Facebook Group

Normal
Small
Posted by zebrainkc

That's what's weird. I thought I had system credit up until this weekend.

I remember waiting through the line and handing the generic tickets over. I remember getting the receipt and looking at it. I even have text messages talking about how long the line was and what I was doing. Haha. I thought I remembered checking the website at the time but I'm doubtful I did that. But anyways there's no transaction history, no email, and just my luck I threw my receipt away. So not sure what happened.

But I'm not going to have this ruin my first GenCon experience. I really had fun and am planning on going this year. Just wanted to put it out there that something weird happened and not sure really what to do about it.

Normal
Small
Posted by braewe

Were you the original purchaser of the generic tickets? The system credit goes to whoever purchased them.

So for instance if my daughters returned theirs I would get the system credit. Or if I traded a real ticket for someone else's generic they would get the credit. An example of this happening might be...I bought tickets for me and a friend. Friend can't go. I go. Someone who wants to get in with generics trades me generics for the real ticket. I never actually use the generics later...go to return them...and the original fellow gets the credit.

Normal
Small
Posted by zebrainkc

I purchased the generic tickets once I was there walking around and then picked them up through Will Call.

I guess you bring up a good point though.. I was staying with some friends/family in the area.. maybe my tickets got mixed up with theirs and they used mine without either of us knowing and I was carrying theirs around.. and then I returned theirs for them.. I guess I'll get with them and see if they have some system credit they didn't know they had.. haha

Normal
Small
Posted by irontk

Happened to me as well with generics and some ticketed events that were supposed to go back to my account. Only 16ish dollars, so I'm not flipping about it or anything tho 
 

Normal
Small
Posted by caitcreates zebrainkc

zebrainkc wrote:
Has anyone had any issues with returning the generic tickets at the end of GenCon and it not showing up as system credit or a credit to your credit card?
I returned my generic tickets back in August and was given a receipt for the refund, which I've since thrown away. This weekend while checking my account it shows no system credit and I've gone back through my credit card history and see no refund there. I've emailed customer support about the issue but for some reason my transaction history doesn't show I did the refund.
Last year was my first GenCon and I can't wait to go back this year! I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. Maybe I did something wrong. I wish I took a pic of the receipt. If I have any left this year I know I'll be taking that pic this time around.
 

Any chance that your system credit was used up when you purchased a badge this year?  I just went looking for mine after reading your post and realized it was gone.  I poked around for a while, then realized that it was used up when I bought my Gen Con 2018 badge.

Normal
Small
Posted by zebrainkc irontk

irontk wrote:
Happened to me as well with generics and some ticketed events that were supposed to go back to my account. Only 16ish dollars, so I'm not flipping about it or anything tho 
 

I’m glad to hear I wasn’t the only one. I’m not letting it get to me either! I really had fun my first time and can’t wait to go back again and hoping to continue going too. Just didn’t realize I needed to hold onto that receipt or make sure I received an email after doing the return. I’ll be looking for it this time.

Normal
Small
Posted by zebrainkc caitcreates

caitcreates wrote:
zebrainkc wrote:
Has anyone had any issues with returning the generic tickets at the end of GenCon and it not showing up as system credit or a credit to your credit card?
I returned my generic tickets back in August and was given a receipt for the refund, which I've since thrown away. This weekend while checking my account it shows no system credit and I've gone back through my credit card history and see no refund there. I've emailed customer support about the issue but for some reason my transaction history doesn't show I did the refund.
Last year was my first GenCon and I can't wait to go back this year! I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. Maybe I did something wrong. I wish I took a pic of the receipt. If I have any left this year I know I'll be taking that pic this time around.

Any chance that your system credit was used up when you purchased a badge this year?  I just went looking for mine after reading your post and realized it was gone.  I poked around for a while, then realized that it was used up when I bought my Gen Con 2018 badge.

I looked at my account before the badges went on sale and nothing was there. I was hoping I’d maybe accidentally given them to some of the friends I was traveling with and I had maybe returned theirs but none of them had any returned.. so I’ll just be looking for that return email if I have any left over this year.

Normal
Small
Posted by mootmacleod

Sorry I missed this post earlier.  I never got my generic ticket refund and because I failed to check immediately at last years show there's no evidence of something going wrong in the system.  Normally I use the refund for a partial payment on the next years badge.  With no paper trail or emails confirming the system credit I'm out some cash.  Already checked with customer service and that was a dead end.  

You can be sure I'll be checking for email confirmation before I leave the show and I'll be making a note of the volunteers name at the time of the system credit transaction.
 

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer mootmacleod

mootmacleod wrote:
Sorry I missed this post earlier.  I never got my generic ticket refund and because I failed to check immediately at last years show there's no evidence of something going wrong in the system.  Normally I use the refund for a partial payment on the next years badge.  With no paper trail or emails confirming the system credit I'm out some cash.  Already checked with customer service and that was a dead end.  
You can be sure I'll be checking for email confirmation before I leave the show and I'll be making a note of the volunteers name at the time of the system credit transaction.
 

The name of the worker who processed your refund will do you no good.
Please make sure and check your email or transaction history in real time. The refunds are immediate. Have your account up on your mobile device. When refund is made refresh your "My Transactions" page. It should show up. Or check your email to make sure you got a refund confirmation.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by mootmacleod mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
mootmacleod wrote:
Sorry I missed this post earlier.  I never got my generic ticket refund and because I failed to check immediately at last years show there's no evidence of something going wrong in the system.  Normally I use the refund for a partial payment on the next years badge.  With no paper trail or emails confirming the system credit I'm out some cash.  Already checked with customer service and that was a dead end.  
You can be sure I'll be checking for email confirmation before I leave the show and I'll be making a note of the volunteers name at the time of the system credit transaction.

The name of the worker who processed your refund will do you no good.
Please make sure and check your email or transaction history in real time. The refunds are immediate. Have your account up on your mobile device. When refund is made refresh your "My Transactions" page. It should show up. Or check your email to make sure you got a refund confirmation.Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

I lost $40.00 in system credit when I returned those generic tickets (minus your fee for the transaction).  You can be sure I'll check everything prior to leaving Gen Con this year.  And just a friendly reminder that you really shouldn't assume everyone has mobile devices because some of us do not.  

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer mootmacleod

mootmacleod wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
mootmacleod wrote:
Sorry I missed this post earlier.  I never got my generic ticket refund and because I failed to check immediately at last years show there's no evidence of something going wrong in the system.  Normally I use the refund for a partial payment on the next years badge.  With no paper trail or emails confirming the system credit I'm out some cash.  Already checked with customer service and that was a dead end.  
You can be sure I'll be checking for email confirmation before I leave the show and I'll be making a note of the volunteers name at the time of the system credit transaction.

The name of the worker who processed your refund will do you no good.
Please make sure and check your email or transaction history in real time. The refunds are immediate. Have your account up on your mobile device. When refund is made refresh your "My Transactions" page. It should show up. Or check your email to make sure you got a refund confirmation.Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

I lost $40.00 in system credit when I returned those generic tickets (minus your fee for the transaction).  You can be sure I'll check everything prior to leaving Gen Con this year.  And just a friendly reminder that you really shouldn't assume everyone has mobile devices because some of us do not.  

Certainly did not assume that everyone has one. Just some helpful hints on what can be done for those that do. 

Normal
Small
Posted by mootmacleod mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
mootmacleod wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
mootmacleod wrote:
Sorry I missed this post earlier.  I never got my generic ticket refund and because I failed to check immediately at last years show there's no evidence of something going wrong in the system.  Normally I use the refund for a partial payment on the next years badge.  With no paper trail or emails confirming the system credit I'm out some cash.  Already checked with customer service and that was a dead end.  
You can be sure I'll be checking for email confirmation before I leave the show and I'll be making a note of the volunteers name at the time of the system credit transaction.

The name of the worker who processed your refund will do you no good.
Please make sure and check your email or transaction history in real time. The refunds are immediate. Have your account up on your mobile device. When refund is made refresh your "My Transactions" page. It should show up. Or check your email to make sure you got a refund confirmation.Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

I lost $40.00 in system credit when I returned those generic tickets (minus your fee for the transaction).  You can be sure I'll check everything prior to leaving Gen Con this year.  And just a friendly reminder that you really shouldn't assume everyone has mobile devices because some of us do not.  

Certainly did not assume that everyone has one. Just some helpful hints on what can be done for those that do. 

Thanks Mike.  I'll see about borrowing someones tablet this year.  

On a completely different note (and probably another thread) was there any discussion of folks having the option to pay for a program book with all the events listed?  I know everything's going digital, but being old school I still like my print.  

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer mootmacleod

mootmacleod wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
mootmacleod wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
mootmacleod wrote:
Sorry I missed this post earlier.  I never got my generic ticket refund and because I failed to check immediately at last years show there's no evidence of something going wrong in the system.  Normally I use the refund for a partial payment on the next years badge.  With no paper trail or emails confirming the system credit I'm out some cash.  Already checked with customer service and that was a dead end.  
You can be sure I'll be checking for email confirmation before I leave the show and I'll be making a note of the volunteers name at the time of the system credit transaction.

The name of the worker who processed your refund will do you no good.
Please make sure and check your email or transaction history in real time. The refunds are immediate. Have your account up on your mobile device. When refund is made refresh your "My Transactions" page. It should show up. Or check your email to make sure you got a refund confirmation.Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

I lost $40.00 in system credit when I returned those generic tickets (minus your fee for the transaction).  You can be sure I'll check everything prior to leaving Gen Con this year.  And just a friendly reminder that you really shouldn't assume everyone has mobile devices because some of us do not.  

Certainly did not assume that everyone has one. Just some helpful hints on what can be done for those that do. 

Thanks Mike.  I'll see about borrowing someones tablet this year.  On a completely different note (and probably another thread) was there any discussion of folks having the option to pay for a program book with all the events listed?  I know everything's going digital, but being old school I still like my print.  

There was not a discussion about this. The program book never had all of the events listed which was problematic. Last minute changes also made some of the entries no longer viable. 
I suppose offering it at a cost could be possible but the timetable, printing, and then selling of it is probably not worth the effort given how many copies would actually be purchased. 

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by mootmacleod mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
mootmacleod wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
mootmacleod wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
mootmacleod wrote:
Sorry I missed this post earlier.  I never got my generic ticket refund and because I failed to check immediately at last years show there's no evidence of something going wrong in the system.  Normally I use the refund for a partial payment on the next years badge.  With no paper trail or emails confirming the system credit I'm out some cash.  Already checked with customer service and that was a dead end.  
You can be sure I'll be checking for email confirmation before I leave the show and I'll be making a note of the volunteers name at the time of the system credit transaction.

The name of the worker who processed your refund will do you no good.
Please make sure and check your email or transaction history in real time. The refunds are immediate. Have your account up on your mobile device. When refund is made refresh your "My Transactions" page. It should show up. Or check your email to make sure you got a refund confirmation.Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

I lost $40.00 in system credit when I returned those generic tickets (minus your fee for the transaction).  You can be sure I'll check everything prior to leaving Gen Con this year.  And just a friendly reminder that you really shouldn't assume everyone has mobile devices because some of us do not.  

Certainly did not assume that everyone has one. Just some helpful hints on what can be done for those that do. 

Thanks Mike.  I'll see about borrowing someones tablet this year.  On a completely different note (and probably another thread) was there any discussion of folks having the option to pay for a program book with all the events listed?  I know everything's going digital, but being old school I still like my print.  

There was not a discussion about this. The program book never had all of the events listed which was problematic. Last minute changes also made some of the entries no longer viable. 
I suppose offering it at a cost could be possible but the timetable, printing, and then selling of it is probably not worth the effort given how many copies would actually be purchased. Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC
OK, understood.  I saw on another thread a question involving an online spreadsheet of events.  If there is such a creature then I could potentially print out what I needed.  But then it gets back to your point of everything being fluid with events and their inclusion in any document form.  Thanks for all your replies.  Glad I got two copies of last years program/event book.  No doubt it'll be a collectors item in the not too distant future.  

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer

Links to download the event catalog:   

New Post Sign in to write a new post.