What if I change my mind?
Posted by paladinhero2000

I'm putting together my event wishlist for GenCon2018 and the whole weekend looks AWESOME!  But what happens if I change my mind at the convention and want to go to a different event instead?  Could I get a refund or credit for the ticket I pre-purchased?  Could I re-sell it to another con-goer?  I'd hate to put in my wish list and later discover a different opportunity at the con... 

Posted by austicke

At the con, you can get a refund or system credit up to a half hour before the event starts minus a 5% fee. Generic tickets may only be refunded for system credits.

Posted by selene314

Alec - does the 5% fee apply to tickets returned online before the shipping deadline?

Posted by austicke selene314

selene314 wrote:Alec - does the 5% fee apply to tickets returned online before the shipping deadline?

No—at least not if you refund it online for system credit. If you contact customer service for a cash refund, I'm not sure if they charge the fee.

Posted by mikeboozer austicke

austicke wrote:
selene314 wrote:Alec - does the 5% fee apply to tickets returned online before the shipping deadline?

No—at least not if you refund it online for system credit. If you contact customer service for a cash refund, I'm not sure if they charge the fee._____________________________________
Alec Usticke, Fans of Gen Con Facebook Group

If you email Customer Service for a ticket refund there is a 5% return fee per ticket.
You can refund on your account to system credit with no fee.

Refunds for badges and tickets need to be made before June 17. That is the absolute last date for a badge refund. Tickets can still be refunded after June 17 but only at the convention at the Customer Service kiosk for a 5% fee. They must be refunded at least 30 minutes before the event starts.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.