Who has their backup hotels booked?
Posted by ematuskey

Be honest--I already know I'm not the only one who's put a no-risk reservation down for a downtown hotel, "just in case" the con moves ahead but I don't do well in the lottery.  ;) 

Posted by komoridarkclaw

I admit nothing! >.> <.<

Posted by ematuskey komoridarkclaw

komoridarkclaw wrote:I admit nothing! >.> <.<

CONFESS! 

Posted by sketchsong

I will admit I did so as well (did last year too and that came in handy when my hotel sign up was at night some like 12-16 hours after it opened, although then the whole world crumbling thing happened). 

A little bummed I wasn't able to get the Marriot or Westin with a no-risk reservation like I did last couple of times, whenever I looked it up this year it was payment due up front and now they don't even have any reservations, but for the obscene amount I am not paying up front with no refund options. 

I did get one at the Le Meridien although I would have preferred one of the connected ones. If anyone else does need one and can afford the sky-high prices they still have some king rooms at this time that you can cancel up to two days before the con for full refund.

Posted by ematuskey sketchsong

sketchsong wrote:
I will admit I did so as well (did last year too and that came in handy when my hotel sign up was at night some like 12-16 hours after it opened, although then the whole world crumbling thing happened). 
A little bummed I wasn't able to get the Marriot or Westin with a no-risk reservation like I did last couple of times, whenever I looked it up this year it was payment due up front and now they don't even have any reservations, but for the obscene amount I am not paying up front with no refund options. 
I did get one at the Le Meridien although I would have preferred one of the connected ones. If anyone else does need one and can afford the sky-high prices they still have some king rooms at this time that you can cancel up to two days before the con for full refund.

Yeah, no way I'm making a no-cancellation/pay up front reservation, this year especially, heh.  I've got a 2Q room at one of the fountain hotels, where my friend and I wound up staying in 2019 after an in-block room became available.  If there's an event this year I expect there will be plenty of churn that will let me get an in-block room sooner or later, but I like to have the backup just in case. 

Posted by jimmythesaint sketchsong

sketchsong wrote:
I did get one at the Le Meridien although I would have preferred one of the connected ones. 

Le Meridien is connected, through the mall. We stayed there in 2019 - very nice hotel, if a bit small.

Posted by fethbone

I had mine booked last September!

New Post Sign in to write a new post.