Housing times?
Posted by technoir

I saw that entry into the housing will be timed again this year, but it doesn't say anything about when we're getting those times. 
will they be emailed in advance again?

Posted by njseahawksfan

On the "My Housing" page you will find the following statement:

Attendee BadgesOn Saturday, June 5 an email will be sent to you containing a randomly assigned time that you can begin accessing the Housing Portal to make your room request(s). Access to the Housing Portal will begin on Sunday, June 6 at Noon (Eastern). When your time comes the "Request Room" button(s) below will be enabled. Select the button(s) corresponding to the people you want to reserve a room for and you will be taken to the Housing Portal to make your room request(s)

Posted by technoir

Thank you

Posted by njseahawksfan technoir

My pleasure.  It's not really clearly stated anywhere else.

Posted by wells

Times are being sent out:
Sunday, June 6 at 3:39 PM Eastern

I am thinking that is no good for a connected hotel, we will see.

Posted by jelake

I've never tried to get a hotel in downtown before.  I've got a 12:48 pm EST time Sunday.  Seeing the time above me now, I am thinking it's pretty good.

Posted by deadsaidfred

Sunday 3:11pm - no telling what that means this year…

Posted by vohdre

I know several people who rolled over their badges but got housing times anyway.  I'm hoping that they don't actually allow those who rolled over badges to book rooms.

Posted by technoir vohdre

vohdre wrote:
I know several people who rolled over their badges but got housing times anyway.  I'm hoping that they don't actually allow those who rolled over badges to book rooms.

editing what I said... Im GUESSING you're meaning people who rolled over their badge to 2022? 
Yeah Kelsey made a post about this 
"Keep in mind if you are rolling over your badge to 2022, you may still receive that email -- you can ignore it and your badge will still be rolled over." 

Posted by kd8esu

Normally, things tend to be closed at around 2:30-ish PM EST for Downtown hotels to be done (and I know some others may have more accurate info than I do).  The factors that mess with this year can make it interesting:
1.  Colts have a Home game on Sunday
2.  Reduced Convention Capacity (and I haven't seen anything on badges being sold out yet)
3.  International Travel is still heavily restricted (both leaving and entering)
4.  Rolled over badges.

With that said, I don't have high hopes for my 4:41 PM EST time; but, I'm willing to see.

Posted by foodiddiedoo

I haven't had a time later than 130 in years so I'm very worried my 410pm slot won't net us anything downtown. 

Posted by oldcurmudgeonstudios

Well... 4:32 PM Central. Looks like I'm playing the Gen Con Housing Portal Shuffle all the way to the closing date. Nothing new. Always ended up with a downtown hotel anyway.

Posted by jcirillo1971

I got a 12:15 est. I'm hoping that is good as I don't know what the earliest time slot is.

Posted by kevinrg

I was rolling over a badge to 2022 and had asked the question in the other forum about rollovers impacting time slots.  Per Mike, there were not enough rollover badges to significantly impact time slots.  I took that as if you had a 4PM slot, that might be like getting a 3:30PM slot in previous years, but not like a 1PM slot.

Posted by notavailableeither jcirillo1971

jcirillo1971 wrote:
I got a 12:15 est. I'm hoping that is good as I don't know what the earliest time slot is.

The portal opens at noon EDT so 1215 is a terrific time

congratulations 

Posted by lore seeker

I got 2:11 p.m. Best I've ever gotten. Hopefully it's enough to get a downtown room (I don't care if I have to walk a few blocks; that's nothing new to me).

Posted by ungmar9567

4:32 PM Eastern. In a normal year, the pickings would be slim to none by then. But this year? With the move to September and reduced capacity? We shall see.

I can't really complain because I live in Indy. Worst case scenario, I Uber downtown each day. But I do like to stay downtown for the atmosphere.

Posted by hahnarama

Well my time was 2:08 PM and there were PLENTY of downtown rooms left available. 

I'm not sure if that's because

A they are really throttling  how can book at one time

B No one is attending this year :) 

Posted by foodiddiedoo hahnarama

That's making me feel a lot better about 410pm! Thanks for the update 

hahnarama wrote:
Well my time was 2:08 PM and there were PLENTY of downtown rooms left available. 
I'm not sure if that's because
A they are really throttling  how can book at one time
B No one is attending this year :) 
Thats making me feel so much better about 410 pm thank you! 

Posted by lore seeker

Yeah, my time was 2:11 p.m. and there seemed to be a decent number of rooms still available (the site said 49 hotels were available; if downtown were fully booked, I would think that number would be smaller).

Sign in to write a new post. New Post