Housing times?
Posted by austicke

At this time last year, all downtown hotel rooms sold out. This year, there are even connected doubles left. Will downtown rooms even sell out today?

Posted by btownmc

My time was 2:23 and all the downtown hotels were still available. I am stoked that I got the Westin. First downtown hotel in like 7 years

Posted by foodiddiedoo austicke

austicke wrote:
At this time last year, all downtown hotel rooms sold out. This year, there are even connected doubles left. Will downtown rooms even sell out today?

Posted by rhone1

I hope that we all get the rooms we are hoping to get!

Posted by austicke foodiddiedoo

foodiddiedoo wrote:Do you mean connected as in Skybridge?

Yes, Skywalk.

Posted by foodiddiedoo rhone1

rhone1 wrote:
I hope that we all get the rooms we are hoping to get!
Fingers crossed!

Posted by undfind

Still 20+ King rooms at the Downtown Marriott as of 3:30 PM EST

Posted by akarenz

I just grabbed JW Marriott and my time was 4:10.  There were several skywalk hotels with rooms still available.  This is crazy!!

Posted by colbrook

Got one at the Skywalk Hyatt, 4:22 EST login time! (nearly forgot about the time difference but still made it in time)

Posted by ungmar9567

I can't believe I could still get a room at the JW Marriott at 4:32. And there were several other skywalk hotels still left!

Posted by dukejohn ungmar9567

ungmar9567 wrote:
I can't believe I could still get a room at the JW Marriott at 4:32. And there were several other skywalk hotels still left!

Yes! We were in at 4:47, and we had our choice of four connected hotels, plus the Omni. So excited (and glad for everyone, not just ourselves) that closer rooms will be available for a larger percentage of attendees.

Posted by lavawine

A few days ago, I was thinking that with the reduced attendance, if they hadn't reduced the hotel capacity along with it, then getting a good room would be a lot easier this year. 

It seems that my suspicions were correct! I see no reason why they'd reduce the available rooms, so that makes sense.

As I'm UK-based, now I just need to pray that by the time September rolls around, the US government will have lifted the travel restrictions. I'll be fully vaccinated by then, and I'm assuming the US will have a great vaccination rate by then as well, so fingers crossed.

Posted by legionary

I rolled over my badge, but received a 12:34pm time. Considering my previous times since the lottery started were 5:58, 10:26, 5:52, 5:32, I had some pretty conflicting feelings about getting a "good" time and cancelling the rollover so I could finally enjoy a gencon that didn't involve a daily commute. Decided in the end to not use it, but seeing that downtown rooms are apparently still available has me conflicted again as it would be amazing to be at a Gen Con that wasn't a writhing sea of humanity. @_@

Posted by xmidnightxeyesx

5:21 time and there were still quite a few downtown hotels available.

Posted by ematuskey

I had a 5:04 time and actually missed it, not checking until close to 6:30 EST--still managed to book a 2Q room at the Hilton Indianapolis.  That'll never happen again! 

Posted by kevinrg

In hindsight, guess it shouldn't be surprising that downtown hasn't sold out.   Reduced people might mean that people that would normally group together in a downtown hotel might be opting for a cheaper option if there are only 1 or 2 people going out of a larger group.   If going solo, I'd probably look at a hotel for a $125 range a night rather than $225.

Posted by insane

well got busy and forgot about the housing lottery opening last Sunday.  logged in today, 3 days late, and and had my choice from multiply downtown skywalk hotels to choose from.  :)

Posted by soulcatcher78

Was able to log in and still get a room at the Westin a few days ago...put the clincher on going this year.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.