new health update:
( Locked)
29 30 31 33
29 30 31 33
Posted by malfakter

Well that cements it.  Sad to see the vaccine requirement is sticking around.  Perhaps next year will be different.

Best of luck to you all.  I hope you have a safe, wonderful time at the con.  See you next year, hopefully.

Posted by brooks xanathon

xanathon wrote:
brooks wrote:
xanathon wrote:
kevinrg wrote:
xanathon wrote:
kevinrg wrote:
Final health guidelines are updated.  Vax/masks as expected.   There was zero expectation (for me) that this would ever change when 1st announced earlier in the year.   I'd be curious if they ever wavered or just did the act like they were considering.
where is this posted?  I figured I would see something posted here. 

Attendee Info / Health and Safety.Says updated June 8th and 'These are the final...'
found it thanks. no big surprise by this. 

Not surprised either, but... wow I cannot believe how risk-adverse the gaming community has become. 
I’m not surprised by how risk adverse the gaming community has become. I’ve attended Gen Con for over 20 years now. There are a lot of people who were the most at risk for getting COVID whether it’s from pre-existing health issues, asthma, obesity, etc. Gamers are not usually the most healthy community of people. 

True but have you seen college football fans :)

Yes, I know games are ostensibly outdoors, but a similar demographic packed into tiny little seats next to each other for a few hours screaming at the top of their lungs. Or how about the Colts fans last year during the convention... indoor stadium, similar demographic, packed into tiny little seats next to each other for a few hours screaming. 

Masks and vaccines are a done deal for this year and I will begrudgingly accept that. However I still wonder, given the endemic state of COVID, if next year is going to be demonstrably different than this year. I keep hearing that if you don't want to wear a mask don't attend Gen Con. I would argue the opposite is equally valid... if you are that worried about COVID Gen Con might not be the best place for you to spend a few days. 

Posted by cinnibar

Post offices provide official photo id services.  

Posted by squirecam wells

wells wrote:
What are the hours on Wednesday for the Vaccination check stations?
Hopefully open early and late. And more than a few. I pay for badge shipping because I cant stand in long lines.

Posted by burrfoot72

Glad this is done and final.  Can we go back to arguing about where the convention should move to when the current contracts are up?  :)  

Posted by brooks burrfoot72

burrfoot72 wrote:
Glad this is done and final.  Can we go back to arguing about where the convention should move to when the current contracts are up?  :)  

Or strollers in the dealer hall :)

Posted by general lopez malfakter

malfakter wrote:
Well that cements it.  Sad to see the vaccine requirement is sticking around.  Perhaps next year will be different.
Best of luck to you all.  I hope you have a safe, wonderful time at the con.  See you next year, hopefully.

The sad part is there was no reason that justified having more restrictions this year than last, every metric is better this year, so this could be permanent thing.

Posted by quarex

I would expect the mask requirement to be dropped before the vaccine requirement, personally.

Also not that anything will change anyone's minds (I think the concept of arguments changing people's minds is a relic of the 1980s) but I laugh every time I see someone saying that requiring masks and vaccines is a symptom of "panic and fear" when I have absolutely no fear of COVID-19, nor do most people I know who wear masks anywhere.  We do, however, respect that anyone can be a vector of transmission to someone who actually has reason to be afraid (whether immunocompromised or elderly) and take more precautions than we might personally find reasonable or necessary.  As I said, I actually got COVID-19 just a month ago myself from being lax since I do, in fact, have no fear of it myself, and was not being as diligent as I should.

Posted by grognard262

"Note that locations Gen Con does not directly control, such as hotel lobbies, hallways, connectors, restaurants, etc. will have their own policies and these are likely to be more lax."

Sounds like lots of open gaming at the hotels!

Posted by bigfathairyguy cinnibar

cinnibar wrote:
Post offices provide official photo id services.  
you don’t even need a government id to vote why should a kid need one to attend Gencon. They said upfront this is the requirement and then made it stricter after they said they wouldn’t. It may not seem like a big deal but it is another hoop to jump through. 

Posted by kevinrg general lopez

general lopez wrote:
=inheritso this could be permanent thing.

Then they will have to accept that attendance/growth will pretty much flatline because more people aren't going to get vaccinated if they haven't after 2 1/2 years so, you've sealed out that crowd and the subset that is tired of masks will grow as more and more entertainment avenues open up that you don't need to wear a mask for.  Then again... maybe they are ok with that.

Posted by mikeboozer wells

wells wrote:
What are the hours on Wednesday for the Vaccination check stations?

We still need to determine exact logistics. We will post times and stations when we have made those arrangements final.

Good question about kids and ID's. I will bring it up and see if we can get some clarity on the subject.

Thanks all (Or most all) for helping us keep this thread live.

I'm now locking it and starting a new one where you can ask logistical questions about the policy.

Mike

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
29 30 31 33
29 30 31 33