Exhibitors list (not map) is up. 530 vendors
1 3
1 3
Posted by donaldbain

https://www.gencon.com/gen-con-indy/exhibitors-list

Posted by lore seeker

Anybody know the number from last year and/or 2019 for comparison?

Whatever the case, it's nice to see some of the big names back.

Posted by austicke lore seeker

father bloodlust wrote:Anybody know the number from last year and/or 2019 for comparison?

"More than 320" and 538.

Posted by lore seeker austicke

austicke wrote:
father bloodlust wrote:Anybody know the number from last year and/or 2019 for comparison?

"More than 320" and 538.

Nice - so this is going to be more like normal Gen Con in the exhibit hall! This is going to be great!

Posted by hannman

Pretty much all the vendors I wanted are returning this year with the exception of CMON.  What’s up with CMON not coming to Gencon?  Does this mean they’re not coming to any of the cons this summer?

Posted by krayzie hannman

hannman wrote:
Pretty much all the vendors I wanted are returning this year with the exception of CMON.  What’s up with CMON not coming to Gencon?  Does this mean they’re not coming to any of the cons this summer?
its weird they aren't on the list since they were just at wondercon. maybe they will be at origins? 

Posted by hannman krayzie

krayzie wrote:
hannman wrote:
its weird they aren't on the list since they were just at wondercon. maybe they will be at origins? 
I thought the exact same thing.  At wondercon, but not Gencon?

Posted by lore seeker hannman

hannman wrote:
krayzie wrote:
hannman wrote:
I thought the exact same thing.  At wondercon, but not Gencon?

I thought they might be concentrating on CMON Expo, but from what I can tell the site for that convention hasn't even been updated since 2020.

Posted by quarex

What am I going to do without seeing their logo on every other bag in the Exhibit Hall?!?

Posted by krayzie

looks like no iello either

Posted by lore seeker

Anybody see any of the first-time indie attendees from last year on this year's list? Could be interesting to see.

Posted by jimmythesaint

No Games Workshop this year? What a bummer, I really enjoyed their events last year.

Posted by colbrook jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint wrote:
No Games Workshop this year? What a bummer, I really enjoyed their events last year.
Looks like they're on the list as "Warhammer" rather than GW

Posted by kevinrg

After Asmodee took up distribution of CMON games, going to the CMON booth (for me) was rather pointless unless you wanted to do a demo.  I used to like to buy from CMON because they would give away tickets at the booth for purchases and also at events that you could use to redeem for items.   Once Asmodee took over, that went away in 2019.

Posted by hahnarama krayzie

krayzie wrote:
It's hard to attend Gen Con when you do not exist as a company, North American division that is. 

Posted by jimmythesaint colbrook

colbrook wrote:
jimmythesaint wrote:
Looks like they're on the list as "Warhammer" rather than GW

Ah, should have read all the way to "W" - thanks!

Posted by hannman kevinrg

kevinrg wrote:
After Asmodee took up distribution of CMON games, going to the CMON booth (for me) was rather pointless unless you wanted to do a demo.  I used to like to buy from CMON because they would give away tickets at the booth for purchases and also at events that you could use to redeem for items.   Once Asmodee took over, that went away in 2019.

We enjoy CMON because when they come, they also add a lot of events you can sign up for.  We particularly find their learn-to-plays, tournaments for various games, and special events (like a giant team vs team Zombicide Black Plague game) a lot of fun.  Also they run a lot of demos of existing and upcoming games in the vendor hall.  This will all be missing this year.  However this did force us to branch out last year and look more at games from other companies.  Maybe this is a good thing?  I feel like a big problem with Gencon in general is there needs to be more events.  So if CMON doesn't come, but a bunch of smaller groups setup demos and learn-to-plays in their absence, I'll be happy.  

Overall I get the sense that this year will look a lot more like past years.  Last year hall space was wasted.  They sectioned off the back where it was just a bunch of empty space.  This year it's looking like they won't have any problems filling up the vendor hall.  

Posted by mikeboozer hannman

hannman wrote:
kevinrg wrote:

We enjoy CMON because when they come, they also add a lot of events you can sign up for.  We particularly find their learn-to-plays, tournaments for various games, and special events (like a giant team vs team Zombicide Black Plague game) a lot of fun.  Also they run a lot of demos of existing and upcoming games in the vendor hall.  This will all be missing this year.  However this did force us to branch out last year and look more at games from other companies.  Maybe this is a good thing?  I feel like a big problem with Gencon in general is there needs to be more events.  So if CMON doesn't come, but a bunch of smaller groups setup demos and learn-to-plays in their absence, I'll be happy.  Overall I get the sense that this year will look a lot more like past years.  Last year hall space was wasted.  They sectioned off the back where it was just a bunch of empty space.  This year it's looking like they won't have any problems filling up the vendor hall.  

We have not had any problems. We are back yo having to turn away some vendors.

Mike

Posted by colbrook hahnarama

hahnarama wrote:
krayzie wrote:
It's hard to attend Gen Con when you do not exist as a company, North American division that is. 
Shame that they can't send over a delegation from Europe though, I'm hoping they're still figuring out the logistics and they'll be added to the list at a later date

Posted by kevinrg hannman

hannman wrote:
=inheritWe enjoy CMON because when they come, they also add a lot of events you can sign up for. 

Are they completely gone from Gencon or just the vendor hall?   Haven't seen the event list.  

Was strictly thinking would it make sense to have a CMON booth when Asmodee is selling your games if you aren't doing anything special or extra beyond just selling games.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3
1 3