Looking for Wednesday GM's
Posted by rbree

Hello fellow Genconners- If you are interested in running game at the Ram or Scotties on the Wednesday prior to Gencon. Please let me know. I'll be taking submissions for Refried Gamers (the successor to Kentucky fried Gamers) Game slots are 9-1 and 1-5 at either location. Table size is limited to 6-8 players so please keep that in mind. Thanks in advance for your support.

Posted by borose

If anyone is running any Pathfinder or 5e games, that would be great.

Posted by hendelbolaf

Are you still looking for DM's to run Wednesday? I could maybe run a Pathfinder game. Depends on your needs and my final schedule.

Where are the Ram and Scotties? They sound like pubs (sorry not a big drinker). Would my 18 year old son be allowed to be there?

Thanks!

Posted by cell2partner

Posted by lore seeker

I'm curious about this, but I have a question: how do you run a game if the place is so packed/loud nobody can hear anybody? I've been to The Ram a few times, and there was a ton of background noise; I think I'd be hard-pressed to run a game there.

Posted by rbree

Games at the ram are in the back room which is separate from the main room but can still be a bit noisy...  But not much worse than a few places I've run RPGs in the ICC.  Scotties ha a private room we put 1 or 2 games in and the rest are in the main area. 

Posted by rbree

We are still looking if you want to run something.

Posted by divachelle

I posted this on the FB group, but not sure if you saw it.

My husband, The Orange Mailman, wants to run games again at Scotty's on Wednesday. We had such a great time last year!

He'd like to run Formula D (8 players) from 9a-1p, and Sentinels of the Multiverse with all expansions (5 players) from 1p-5p.

If we could have a standard height table, not a booth, that would be most marvelous.

Posted by hendelbolaf

Are the tables standard restaurant two or four tops or something?

I would be interested in running from 9:00 to 1:00, but I usually run Pathfinder and I use Dwarven Forge pieces so would like or need a decent sized table.

I am running B2 The Keep on the Borderlands the following day, but could easily run some of that on Wednesday as well.

Posted by helenbb hendelbolaf

hendelbolaf wrote:Would my 18 year old son be allowed to be there?
Thanks!

He will be fine. They are more like 'sports bars' in the sense that they are restaurants too. My kids have been going for the KFG games there on Wednesday for years. 

Posted by lore seeker rbree

rbree wrote:

The reason I want to run something is because I haven't had much luck putting together a playtesting session for my GenCon event, so I'm hoping this might be a good opportunity for that. Would that be problematic? I'm still planning to put on the best game I can.

Posted by hendelbolaf helenbb

helenbb wrote:
hendelbolaf wrote:Would my 18 year old son be allowed to be there?
Thanks!

He will be fine. They are more like 'sports bars' in the sense that they are restaurants too. My kids have been going for the KFG games there on Wednesday for years. 

Thanks! I figured it would be as was 18 already, but wanted to check before I committed.

Is there someone that we need to speak with directly to notify that we will run? I realize some of these off site Wednesday games are much more loosely organized, but they are still probably organized by the sound of the early comments by the Refried Gamers folks.

Posted by lore seeker lore seeker

father bloodlust wrote:
rbree wrote:

The reason I want to run something is because I haven't had much luck putting together a playtesting session for my GenCon event, so I'm hoping this might be a good opportunity for that. Would that be problematic? I'm still planning to put on the best game I can.

Still wondering if this arrangement would be okay.

Posted by lore seeker lore seeker

father bloodlust wrote:
father bloodlust wrote:
rbree wrote:

Still wondering if this arrangement would be okay.

Anyone there?

Posted by bluemax

I'll check with Robin and see where we are?

Posted by lore seeker bluemax

bluemax wrote:
I'll check with Robin and see where we are?

Is that rbree? If so, that'd be helpful.

Posted by hendelbolaf

I could run Pathfinder or Starfinder. Just let me know if you need anymore slots...

Posted by rbree

After being sucked into the dark hole of real life I have emerged to get this going again.   So hendelbolaaf  What time and  venue would you like to run your game- Also I would need game description and number of players.

Posted by rbree

Bllodlust- I am back- had some real life issues Would love to have you run you game.  Just get me a time and venue- 9-1 or 1-5 at the Ram or Scotties.  Also I will need a plyer number and description for sign ups.

Posted by lore seeker rbree

rbree wrote:
Bllodlust- I am back- had some real life issues Would love to have you run you game.  Just get me a time and venue- 9-1 or 1-5 at the Ram or Scotties.  Also I will need a plyer number and description for sign ups.

Do you have a deadline day? I may or may not be able to get a playtest session together locally in the coming week or two, in which case I wouldn't need to do the Wednesday pre-GenCon game, but I probably won't find out for another day or two.

Sign in to write a new post. New Post