Electronic Certification for 2023
Posted by experimentalgamer

We are ready to submit our events for Gencon 2023 and we definitely want to have electronic ticketing.  However, I do not have that option as I am not certified.  So far, I haven't been able to find any information on how to become certified for 2023.  If this info isn't ready yet, should I submit now as Paper ticketing and try to change it later?

Posted by derekguder

You will want to submit your events for paper ticketing for now and we can update it later.

We are still not ready to throw the gates wide open on electronic ticketing, unfortunately. We're still in the "early access" phase, basically, and it works better for some groups and events than others. We need to make sure have time to bring folks up to speed and support them onsite if anything goes wrong.

Anyone who is interested in electronic ticketing should make sure to go through the Electronic Ticketing Information for Event Organizers in detail and email [email protected] if your operations onsite fit comfortably into that model and you are running a whole room. We'll review that and get more folks added as we can through the year.

-
Derek Guder
Director of Events
Gen Con LLC

Thank you for the response

I just followed up with [email protected] on this. But if anyone knows of any other way to get certified for Electronic Ticketing, please let me know.

Posted by derekguder

There is no other way - we'll get you sorted out. Things are just busy with event review and the upcoming catalog release.

-
Derek Guder
Director of Events
Gen Con LLC

Posted by experimentalgamer derekguder

derekguder wrote:
There is no other way - we'll get you sorted out. Things are just busy with event review and the upcoming catalog release.
-
Derek Guder
Director of Events
Gen Con LLC

No problem. I just don't want to miss any deadline.  I did last year and it was a big regret.

Posted by timothyferriss

[This post has been removed]

Posted by jeffreestar

[This post has been removed]

New Post Sign in to write a new post.