What do YOU want to play at GC 2016
1 3 5
1 3 5
Posted by dblade lilyjade

lilyjade wrote:
dblade wrote:
As a player:
I want to play some 4E D&D. It simultaneously pushes my RPG and Boardgaming buttons. Maybe some Mutants and Masterminds (DC adventures). I have never played any of the World of Darkness settings at GenCon and I'm very curious how this would run. Anyone know some good Gamemasters to look out for?
Besides WoD, I really want to play some D&D as I miss it a lot. Not sure what edition though. I have not played since 3.5! I would also love to try Savage Worlds but I hear those can be hard to get in to. Maybe some Pathfinder. I have been out of the gaming community for awhile (last year was my first GenCon) so I feel so lost!
I will be running a 4E D&D game but it might be a little shock to the system if you haven't touched it before. :) Very "gamey" but in a fun way in my opinion. Pathfinder would be closer to the 3.5 game mechanics that you are used to and I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities for that game at GenCon.

Posted by bpunkert

Well... this will be my first GenCon *everyone wave at the n00b*, but I'm coming with some veterans.

True Dungeon (of course)
Artemis Simulator
Dresen Files RPG (Fate - I want to GM this eventually but would like to PLAY it first)
Honorverse RPG (Final Sword Productions - if anyone's running it)
DnD 5th ED AL (if there's a special or something neat I can't do at home)

I have books and a character and stuff for Pathfinder, but that tends to be with my spice, and he's not attending this year (it's complicated). Also, neither of my tour guides really play that, so not much point in going alone for something I'm not REALLY motivated to do. DFRPG, Honorverse.... those I would buck up and go alone for if needed.

Other than that, I might do some of the more interesting SPA stuff and some demos in the dealer's room.

I don't want to inundate myself the first time out of the gate and be burned out by Friday at noon, so I'm trying to "pack light" for my first encounter. *lol*

Posted by veiled_mage

D&D 5e!

Posted by dustman527

D&D 5e and the FFG Star Wars rpg. I have one of the Star Wars core books, but I want to actually play instead of GM. I love the system it uses!

Posted by kjelstad

I have no idea what to expect (first timer) but it would be great if they were teaching newbs x wing.  I know many people that play it, ok, I know of them, but I would like to give it a go with someone else learning

Posted by luke_monroe_1980

I'm looking forward to some DnD. My wife and I enjoy playing together. I'm also running a sizeable old World of Darkness LARP event on Thursday night.

Posted by lore seeker

Thought of something else:

Exalted 2nd Edition! Preferably Solar, Dragon-Blooded or Lunar, since those are the types I have the books for and could create characters for.

Posted by jefferyclark

I hope to be plaing and running D&D Adventurer's League games (5th edition)!

Posted by psimon

I'd love to play some Mongoose Traveller

Really.  (^_^

Also, and even more, I'd move or change anything to play some In Nomine

Posted by van77man lore seeker

father bloodlust wrote:
Exalted 2nd Edition! Preferably Solar, Dragon-Blooded or Lunar, since those are the types I have the books for and could create characters for.

Why 2nd Ed? 3rd Ed is SO FAR superior, and it's out! That's what I'm hoping for.

Posted by ladyflame

As assistant coordinator this year at Fight in the Skies Society-- we are trying to bring a whole new program in with tons of new game titles and of course, keeping some of the annual traditions...

Ideas being kicked around this year-- NOTHING WRITTEN IN STONE--

X-Wing on Sunday (may be a tournement, may be just free play for tickets)
full runs of TIME Stories
the return of the Agricola tourney on Thurs night
lots of Cards Against Humanity
Dawn Patrol of course
a bunch of Gale Force Nine games (Firefly, SOA, WWE, Spartacus, etc)
GIANT Concept game

We are happy to hear any ideas that you might have...  this is just a very small taste of what we offer--  hope to see tons of you at the tables!

Posted by lore seeker van77man

van77man wrote:
father bloodlust wrote:

Why 2nd Ed? 3rd Ed is SO FAR superior, and it's out! That's what I'm hoping for.

Don't have 3rd Edition.

Posted by tigarth

I'll probably play DND 5th and Hackmaster

Posted by corpboy73

Whats a good stater game for a newbie to the Con? i usually Injurious games ,1st ed D&D, or call of cthulhu when i go, bu tmy wife is brnd new to the con. shes a gamer, but im looking for a good game we can boh play together..(cosequetly, i will let her win any game against me, if i want to keep my head  :)  )

Posted by terraspaz corpboy73

corpboy73 wrote:
Whats a good stater game for a newbie to the Con? i usually Injurious games ,1st ed D&D, or call of cthulhu when i go, bu tmy wife is brnd new to the con. shes a gamer, but im looking for a good game we can boh play together..(cosequetly, i will let her win any game against me, if i want to keep my head  :)  )

Are you pretty set on staying within RPGs, or would you be open to board games?

what games do you normally play together / if none, what does she typically play?

Posted by ladyflame terraspaz

terraspaz wrote:
corpboy73 wrote:

Are you pretty set on staying within RPGs, or would you be open to board games?what games do you normally play together / if none, what does she typically play?
Are you local or at least semi-local to Indy?   Reason I ask, is I run a great beginner track of easy to medium weight games at a smallish con here in Indy.  Whosyercon is completely free to attend, though we happily accept donations to keep it free...  as the con is at the beginning of April (1-3) - it might give you some ideas of what she likes as she can play a ton of new stuff with me- most of my games are an hour or less... with a couple of meatier suggestions.  Then you can select games for Gencon with more knowledge going forward.

Posted by eiryu

How about Dawn of Worlds?

Posted by chrisinmo

Distopia rising tabletop  

Posted by aaronmlopez

For RPG games:
Firefly/Serenity
Shadowrun
Numenera

Board Games:
Lord of the Rings/Hobbit deck building games
Firefly Board Game
Talisman board game
Bring out Yer Dead (The included rulebook is horrid and would like to get some game time to clarify it)

Posted by brotherbock

BYOV is currently running four LARPs (with an option for a fifth, haven't decided yet). We can be contacted about character requests after you have a ticket--however, we pride ourselves on trying our hardest not to turn anyone away. So even if you don't get a ticket, contact us, let us know, we'll get you into the game. (There are always no-shows, we will have room.  Facebook,  Byov.com, or @BYOV_Games.)

Of Pacts and Prophecy: The Missing Ones 

Thursday, August 4, Noon-4pm
GMs: Matt, Tom, Ed

Short Description – As the city of New Orleans recovers from the destruction caused by Hurricane Katrina, the supernatural world is abuzz with a series of mortals gone missing. Are forces unleashed by the storm seeking vengeance and power in The Big Easy? A BYOV Mystery.

Long Description – New Orleans. 3 months after Hurricane Katrina. People go missing all the time in The Big Easy, but with all the chaos and destruction from the storm, who will miss a few more? The problem is, none of the Powers seem to know who is responsible, and if the count goes too high, mortals will start asking questions. A meeting has been called to figure out who's really behind the missing persons. Something in the supernatural world has changed, and things are not as they should be. Those in the know have been invited to The Babylon Club on Bourbon Street. It's time to discuss business and get to the bottom of this debacle before the muggles start asking questions. So, here you are. There's business to attend to. You'll be seeing some old faces, both enemies and friends, but tonight's not about old scores and past lives. Or is it?

Costumes encouraged but not required.Website - http://pactsandprophecy.wordpress.com 

A Breath Before The Gallows
Friday, 9pm-1am
GMs: Tom and Matt

Short Description
A military tribunal, a tyrant charged with genocide, a war between races for a mysterious planet. You await the verdict. But you have plans of your own. Sold out? Hit us up @BYOV_Games.

Long Description
Two races war for a mysterious planet and the wealth of energy it contains. But one has gone too far. Five million dead in a flash, and an infamous general faces a tribunal from his own military. The charge: genocide. The evidence has been heard, the defense has rested, and billions from both races await the verdict. But you have plans of your own, and you may not be satisfied with guilt or innocence. What can you accomplish in this brief lull? What will the tribunal decide? And will you survive the storm that may come? Character-related requests can be made after you have a ticket. Byov.com, Facebook, or @BYOV_Games. Sold out at the Con? Hit us up online anyway, or just show up!

The House On the B-Movie Backlot!

Thursday, 8pm-Midnight
GMs: Mar and Caren

Short Description:
A movie studio in rocky times attempts to salvage their latest horror picture. Hopefuls look to audition for the show and others seek tinsel town fame. A BYOV Dramedy.

Long Description:
 Hollywood CA ’94-Foreign investors buy a movie studio with a rocky past and are trying to save a horror film in progress by turning it into a bankable B--Movie classic!  Production continues on a historic movie lot cursed by decades of flops, scandals and unexplained accidents. Industry buzz builds as an expensive looking House is revealed as the new movie set, but strangely seems to appear overnight.  A big budget movie seems risky, but failure is an alien concept to this Production Company; they believe that Notorious Location + Eclectic Cast+ Young Director= Money Making Magic!  Most of the original talent was retained, but some roles must be recast. For one night only, hopefuls with head shots are invited to an open audition and ambitious skilled creatives are welcome to interview for crew vacancies (experience working with monstrous personalities is a plus).  Age 18+

The Fey:The Lost Sithen

Friday, Noon-4pm
GMs: Ed and Mar

Short Description:
The entire Goblin royal bloodline has died. The Goblin Sithen is no more. We now have a rare meeting of the royalty of the remaining Fey Courts to investigate what has happened. A BYOV mystery.

Long Description:
Each of the remaining Fey Courts has sent representatives to this Council: The Shining Ones of the Seelie; The dark and seductive UnSeelie; The diminuitive and secretive Demi-Fey; and even the sinister Sluagh. Their goal is to discover what happened to the Goblin royalty and the Sithen itself. And more importantly (to some) decide what needs to be done to prevent anything like this from happening again. Courtly manners are expected at all times, but there is tension in the air and the Fey are known for their tempers... They are nothing, if not proud. Bring your best negotiating skills, and maybe some veiled threats as well. If one of the Fey Courts can be destroyed, are any of the others truly safe? Costumes encouraged but not required

EDIT: Good god formatting on these forums sucks sometimes.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3 5
1 3 5