What do YOU want to play at GC 2016
2 4 5
2 4 5
Posted by brewski jobeth66

jobeth66 wrote:
Maybe some non-tournament Star Wars games.  Hubby would like to play, but he's not interested in tournements. 
Star Wars Xwing?
I may orginize some missions if so.
I have a very mobile RotJ Death Star mission. I have a New Hope trench run as well but it is HUGE!

Posted by jobeth66 brewski

steven_crouch wrote:
jobeth66 wrote:
Maybe some non-tournament Star Wars games.  Hubby would like to play, but he's not interested in tournements. 
Star Wars Xwing?
I may orginize some missions if so.
I have a very mobile RotJ Death Star mission. I have a New Hope trench run as well but it is HUGE!
Yes, Xwing.  It's not my thing, so he doesn't get to play.  :)  Last year everything was on Sunday (we left Sunday morning) or was tournament.  No stand-alone.

Posted by chance gardener

Like to do D&D 5E AL but I won't sign up for All Access. My first and last time to do it. I'll do specific game events instead.

Also will try more board games.

Posted by dgeiken

Would love to see the big D-Day invasion set up for the Memoir '44 game.  And more D&D 5e would be nice too!

Posted by primordial fire

I have a copy of Magic Realm by Avalon Hill.

I have been struggling to better understand the rules and running into someone who has played before and be willing to play a game would be a wonderful experience. I have played maybe two games total, and I think we did not use some of the rules such as magic. 

Posted by kaledor

Runequest: Classic Fantasy

I would be interested in playing, it is just out of beta testing and freaking FANTASTIC!!

I might be interested in running a game Wed night 5 - 9 PM...

Posted by noone primordial fire

steven.rodriguez wrote:
I have been struggling to bette .  In files for the game on boardgamegeek.comr understand the rules and running into someone who has played before and be willing to play a game would be a wonderful experience. I have played maybe two games total, and I think we did not use some of the rules such as magic. 
i love magic realm and always up to play but to learn the game download the java script version found 

Posted by noone

Oh i forgot here i am making the schedule of events i might run and you remind me of Magic Realm.  DAMN YOU!  DAMN YOU TO HELL AND THE HORSE YOU RODE ON

Posted by ayoung98683

Hmmm, I've got a long list of games I want to play: 13th Age, Microscope, Fiasco, Hillfolk, Night's Black Agents, Trail of Cthulhu, Dragon Age, Feng Shui, Dark Heresy, Pendragon, Ars Magica, and EotE/AoR/FaD come to mind.

Posted by nascragman

Once again, I'll mostly be running Nascrag.  But since I've given up True Dungeon, I was hoping to do some Call of Cthulu, and the Plaid Chameleons 7th Sea LARP

Posted by noone

Im planning on running origanal  d&d the 1974edition maybe the prussian kriegsspiel due to an earler post looking at running one session of magic realm and maybe carwars

Posted by primordial fire noone

miked wrote:
steven.rodriguez wrote:
I have been struggling to bette .  In files for the game on boardgamegeek.comr understand the rules and running into someone who has played before and be willing to play a game would be a wonderful experience. I have played maybe two games total, and I think we did not use some of the rules such as magic. 
i love magic realm and always up to play but to learn the game download the java script version found 
I do have that Java Script game, but computer games are only so fun! It would be great to find someone to play with, the rules intimidate all of my regular gaming friends. 

Posted by lanefan noone

miked wrote:
Im planning on running origanal  d&d the 1974edition maybe the prussian kriegsspiel due to an earler post looking at running one session of magic realm and maybe carwars
@miked if you're running OD&D (1974) either on-grid or off I'd very likely* be interested in playing.

* - very likely means certainly provided the timing doesn't clash with one or two must-do events.

Posted by dblade

As a player:
I want to play some 4E D&D. It simultaneously pushes my RPG and Boardgaming buttons. Maybe some Mutants and Masterminds (DC adventures). I have never played any of the World of Darkness settings at GenCon and I'm very curious how this would run. Anyone know some good Gamemasters to look out for?

As a gamemaster:
I will be running a 4E D&D game (the second in a trilogy of adventures). I will also be running 3 or 4 adventures using the Alternity rules. A Stardrive adventure with space marines, a charming scoundrel, and his weren first mate. A Firefly adventure with the whole Serenity crew. A Five Heavens (my own scifi setting) adventure with psionic knights, mutants, and alien horrors. I am also contemplating a Batman adventure using the Alternity game system. I've never attempted running 5 games at GenCon but I might take the plunge since I am coming to terms with the fact that I love running games more than playing in them.

Posted by arglebargle

I'm just learning of Castles and Crusades and think it might be just the retro, rules-light, game I'm looking for. 

Posted by derekguder dblade

dblade wrote:
As a player:
I want to play some 4E D&D. It simultaneously pushes my RPG and Boardgaming buttons. Maybe some Mutants and Masterminds (DC adventures). I have never played any of the World of Darkness settings at GenCon and I'm very curious how this would run. Anyone know some good Gamemasters to look out for?

I love both D&D 4th edition and World of Darkness myself. Not sure offhand who will be doing anything exciting with the former, but the Wrecking Crew runs a number of WoD games, and should be doing official Onyx Path events this year. I don't know the GMs individually, but I talk to the event organizer a lot and I'm sure if you stopped by there they'll find you a good game to jump in on.

I'd also suggest trying out Dungeon World, btw. It hits some of the same roleplaying + gamist high points for me with even more fun narrative interaction tossed in. Worth checking out as normal events or as part of Games on Demand.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by lilyjade dblade

dblade wrote:
As a player:
As was already noted, you will want to look for The Wrecking Crew when it comes to World of Darkness. They are all very good GMs so you really can't go wrong at all. If you do play a WoD game, you may find me there as that is most likely my favorite group of RPGs, especially Werewolf and Vampire, though I want to get my hands on some of the other stuff as well.

Besides WoD, I really want to play some D&D as I miss it a lot. Not sure what edition though. I have not played since 3.5! I would also love to try Savage Worlds but I hear those can be hard to get in to. Maybe some Pathfinder. I have been out of the gaming community for awhile (last year was my first GenCon) so I feel so lost!

Posted by loon

I just want to branch out. Play new games with new people. Maybe even try my dice at RPGs with strangers.

Posted by nellybelle

I loved the boardgames you have. Here are my favorites in case you can run them: 

• Telestrations. 
  • Telestrations Against Humanity
  • Concept
  • Concept Against Humanity
  • Pandemic
  • X Com
  • Bomb Squad
  • Hanabi
  • Rhino Hero

Posted by pezkat

Mostly these are things I'd like to play that there were none or very few being run by anyone last year:

• Merchants of Venus
  • Freedom: the Underground Railroad. 
  • Legacy: Gears of Time
  • Spyrium
  • Aquasphere
  • Tempest: Dominare

2 favorites of mine that I have played with you in the past & hope you keep running are Kingsburg and Word on the Street (espec. since Out of the Box doesn't run games any more!). :)

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
2 4 5
2 4 5