Sunday Evening socializing event
1 3 4 5
1 3 4 5
Posted by psimon

I'm definitely staying until Monday morning, and when most trapsings of the Con have blown out of Indy and it's Sunday later afternoon in August, there's an interesting kind of hush that falls on the place, like residual magic slowly buring off int the ether...

...okay, that's goofy. But still, there's a weird feeling being there ( maybe ) alone in a hotel that Sunday.

I'd like to set something up where the people still there that Sunday night could get together and exchange stories about Con glory, and show off the spoils. I love Nicky Blaine's, so maybe there. Any interest? I'm also down for gamifying this a bit, but there's nothing wrong with just getting together, either.  Any interest?

Also - if this post should be somewhere else, ooooops. Let me know. 

Posted by derekguder

Personally, I would love to see an unofficial post-Gen Con party/"one last game" night, though I absolutely would not have time to attend.

I wish y'all the best of luck, and I'm sure there are plenty of restaurants that would be happy to host a party as things are dying down.

-
Derke Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by vickers1

That would be a great idea that I endorse.  

Posted by a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn?

That's a fantastic idea.

Posted by boc_mage psimon

psimon wrote:
I'm definitely staying until Monday morning, and when most trapsings of the Con have blown out of Indy and it's Sunday later afternoon in August, there's an interesting kind of hush that falls on the place, like residual magic slowly buring off int the ether...
...okay, that's goofy. But still, there's a weird feeling being there ( maybe ) alone in a hotel that Sunday.
I'd like to set something up where the people still there that Sunday night could get together and exchange stories about Con glory, and show off the spoils. I love Nicky Blaine's, so maybe there. Any interest? I'm also down for gamifying this a bit, but there's nothing wrong with just getting together, either.  Any interest?
Also - if this post should be somewhere else, ooooops. Let me know. 

Can understand that, eerie as one walks through the near empty skywalks and parking garages around the complex on Sunday. I usually stay till Monday and enjoy a relaxing Sunday night at a bar somewhere with my roomates. Hits like a switch on Monday when I leave and Indy returns to the bustle of a non gencon traffic.

Posted by clanashcraft

Several of my group won't be leaving until early Monday morning, so we're in!  We like to end Sunday with a dinner at MacNiven's and some light gaming before grabbing a few Zzzzz's (train leaves at 6am, so we're up eeeaaaarrrllllyy). I'll keep an eye on this thread and (hopefully) see everyone in August!

Posted by lanefan

I usually use Sunday evening to catch up on all the sleep I've missed the previous 4 days in part because there's not much else going on; so an event of some sort (with gaming???) would be excellent!  And even better, I'm flying this time and the flight doesn't leave until early Monday afternoon.

What and-or where is Nicky Blaine's?

Posted by roundtop

I'm in the Monday crowd. My flight doesn't leave til mid afternoon. So I'll probably be helping with tear down for the company I'm helping out, then see what dead dog parties I can find (parties run by those who staffed/volunteered during the con)

Posted by psimon

Nicky Blaine's is a speakeasy type place, underground with lots of brick and huge black leather couches for seating. Every time I've been in there ( just during GenCon, mind you ) it's been close to empty, which is hard to beleive because the food and staff are amazing. This little shindig doesn't have to be there, but I like it. I'll look into other places, and gather ideas to evolve something interesting.  

Posted by chutneychiller

I'm almost certain we'll be staying and not making the trek back to the great white north till Monday morning as well... I haven't quite yet found a motel to flop in sunday night, but I'm pretty sure the 4 of us who are coming would love to hook up for something like this... This is our first GenCon so I was hoping there'd still be some fun to be had Sunday night. 

Posted by lisakrich

We are staying as well. Will keep an eye on this thread too.

Posted by divachelle

We're staying through and leaving on Monday, too. We'll be at the Embassy Suites hanging out in the lobby looking for pickup games. 

Posted by fancylad

For the past couple years I always meant to try to organize a Sunday evening meetup but procrastination got the better of me. I like staying till Monday but Sunday evening in Indy can be eerily empty and a tad melancholy. I would love to swap stories of glory and horror over drinks, maybe even getting in a few final lighter games. The question is how do we organize this? Under normal circumstances, I would've PM'd the OP but I don't think anyone wants us swapping emails in a public forum? Perhaps creating a Gen Con Sunday Night facebook group? If someone did that, I'd gladly do the legwork to organize the other elements like inviting everyone I know and finding a suitable meeting place. Feel free to email me via gmail at goodbiscuitszach. It's my alt so I don't care too much if I get harassed by dead eyed spam bots.

Posted by bushmaster

Right now I am planning on staying until Monday morning.  Certainly would be interested in something like this.

Posted by aaronmlopez

This would be cool. Right now my group is planning on staying until Monday morning anyway. I would be interested in hanging out. 

Posted by psimon

And so it came to pass  ...that I will most likely not be at GenCon this year. I wasn't just talking crazy up above but as it turns out, my schedule won't allow for me to be in Indy during GenCon.

Which sucks, having bought a badge and wanting to set up this inagural gathering of the Knights of Sunday. 

Feel free to use this thread to plan, of course. I'll be following, and shedding gamer man-tears. 

Posted by brotherbock

Our team stays through till Monday, but we're usually using Sunday night to start planning the next year's games :) But sometimes we break out a new game we bought in the Hall. So there are some 'maybes' here.

Posted by weidster

Manly tears...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZPC0j-f2tU

Posted by ploveking

Its frustrating that the best four days in gaming sees so many gamers gone by noon on sunday. I wish more people would stay and participate in sunday, even if it's just the traditional "dinner and count loot".  Last year our group played Dark Moon in one of the hyatt conference rooms sunday after our dinner. We weren't the only ones in that conference room.

Posted by brotherbock ploveking

ploveking wrote:
Its frustrating that the best four days in gaming sees so many gamers gone by noon on sunday. I wish more people would stay and participate in sunday, even if it's just the traditional "dinner and count loot".  Last year our group played Dark Moon in one of the hyatt conference rooms sunday after our dinner. We weren't the only ones in that conference room.

Oh man, we played my kickstartered Superfight on Sunday night a couple of years ago, laughed ourselves silly. We usually have dinner and talk next year's games, and then find a game to laugh over in some quiet place. It's mandatory for me now. Things wind down around 4pm (add two hours when I was in the Exhibit Hall), and then it's time to ease out of things. I look back now at all the years I gamed right up until they closed the doors, and then just left and drove home. Monstrous.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3 4 5
1 3 4 5