Beer / Bottle swap.
1 2 4
1 2 4
Posted by sstalker23 rodoubleb

rodoubleb wrote:
Just picked up 2 cases of Zombie Dust just in case it goes dry over the next month or so.  It's been known to happen.  
Roughly counted about twelve people who have posted here.  How many people are showing interest in this on the facebook?  
I have a pretty suite room lined up downtown with a generous amount of square feet, and  I may be willing to host a trade session on Wednesday night.  A few groups coming and going would not be a big deal.  If there's a huge group of people I would definitely be thinking about a lobby or empty conference room. 

I posted on the Facebook group but I'll share here also.  I'm interested in trading for some of the Zombie Dust also.  I have a 6-pack of Hopslam from this year (in cans) and some I have been aging as an experiment in bottles.  Also have 1 bottle of KBS left.  From SE Michigan so I can get the year round stuff from the Michigan breweries (Bells, Founders, Shorts, etc)

Posted by rodoubleb

I am interested in trading Zombie for Hopslam.  Founders is widely available in my area.  Don't believe I've seen Bells or Shorts though.  

I don't think I'll be able to host as I previously considered.  I'll have roomates coming in late who might like to get settled without additional guests in the room.   However, learning that Indy allows pedestrians to open carry changes my thoughts on meeting outside.  I would suggest meetings above (S)Elf Park, which is the green space with the large fountain located between the Westin and the Hyatt.   There are a ton of benches and it is about as centralized as you can get to surrounding hotels.  

Posted by rodoubleb brotherbock

brotherbock wrote:
loofrin wrote:
rodoubleb wrote:
Wednesday evening seems ideal for a swap.
I'm not worried about Sun King's exclusive sales rights, but less sure the police would be friendly with open glass containers outside.   Otherwise there should be no issue with adults of legal age possessing and/or trading beverages.   
You can have open containers in Indy. 

Glass? That's surprising. 

I agree, especially in this conservative state.   I looked it up and open carry is definitely allowed.  I didn't see any specific language addressing glass.  

Posted by jaysirignano

I've got some G-bot that I'm looking to trade. NEBCO makes a great IIPA. Also interested in zombie dust!! The outside thing is great as well! 

Posted by boc_mage

See if we figure a time. Depending when I may have to trade and dash as Wed seems to be my busiest day of the con this year. Anything particular out of NE Ohio people are looking for? I was looking to bring some stuff from either Double Winged or Thirsty dog as decent micro's in my area. I'm a sucker for anything dark and not bitter. 

Posted by kylargent14

I am absolutely interested in this. I am out of St. Louis with breweries like Urban Chestnut (http://urbanchestnut.com/our-beers/), Schlafly (http://schlafly.com/beers/). and 4Hands (http://4handsbrewery.com/our-beers/). 

Take a look at the links and let me know if there are any requests. 

Thanks for putting this together

Posted by jengerbread

I'm very interested. We will be coming from Southern VA. We have Smart Mouth and St George and a few others I cant think of.

Posted by nameofgene

Hi All
  I just discovered this thread from Reddit and decided to join up.  I am 45 (thus reliable) and live in Indianapolis, about 6 minutes from downtown.

I am more than happy to pick up various styles (or growlers if you have a place at night to keep it cold) in exchange for the styles:
Hefeweizen
Belgian Wit
Belgian Double
Belgian Tripel
Belgian Quad

As I live here, I can pick up anything around town, and the surrounding area.  So, if you see something in Indy, I don't mind getting it.

My wife likes grapefruit cider or pear cider.  So, if you have a bottle of that, please let me know. 

I can also recommend good restaurants, give my opinions on the breweries in the area... and provide any information you might want.

Please message me if you have something you can bring fitting what I like.  This way I can start to organize and plan accordingly.

Thanks - gene

Posted by jaysirignano

Hi everyone, 

The convention is almost here so lets nail down a good time to meet. I Will not be able to do Wednesday night since my job has required me to work Wed and with the 12 hour ride..... well you get the picture. Saturday night is good for me. If we have to set up to do it two nights since some can't make Wednesday that would great. There seems to be a lot more interest than I expected and I would hate to leave people out due to their schedules. I know someone was looking for Heady Topper and I was able to track down some. One of my friends was able to get some so I should have a few in hand on this Wed. Who can make wed and who can make sat?

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Posted by doombunny

Wednesday night works for me the best as I'm fairly busy most other nights. Also are there any requests for Wisconsin beers.  If there are no requests I'll probably just bring some New Glarus (possibly Totally Naked since practically everyone has tried Spotted Cow by now) and Grays (either Honey Weis or Busted Knuckle).

Posted by sstalker23

Wed works best for me also.  Other nights are more up in the air.  Anyone going to be there Wed with Zombie Dust to trade for Hopslam?

Posted by rodoubleb

I currently have two six packs of Zombie Dust for trade.   If it comes back in stock before Gencon I will probably have more.  

Wednesday will be best for me (and likely the only time that will work for me), but it is hard to pin down an exact time.   I would guess around 8:30 or 9pm at the green space between the Hyatt and the Westin.   My email is posted on the first page of this thread, 5th post down.  Hit me up and we can exchange numbers.  

I may also have one bomber of Behemoth Barley Wine to trade, but it would take something special for me to come off of it.

Posted by rodoubleb

I am interested in that Heady Topper too, but have a packed schedule Saturday.   Will be free around 1 AM Sunday if you want to make that trade for Zombie.

Posted by boc_mage

Wed likely in the 8-9pm should work for me. I'm anchored around by hopefully a brewery tour and volunteer training. I've no idea when that ends. I'll be over by stadium/edge of dealer hall for training/token trading. Swap #'s for a group chat or set up to use FB messenger probably a good idea just to set up on times. Baring any major change i'll be bringing something either Great Lakes or a local macro from NE Ohio area. Not planning on anything fancy just something that may not make it out of my area that much and very much drinkable that other's will enjoy.

Posted by doombunny

New question. Is anyone else bringing something other than pale ales? I've tried a few often at GenCon, I'm always open to something I've never tried, but eventually I had to conclude that pales ales are just not to my taste (which is too bad since they often have the best names). I'm hoping to try a few cream ales ambers or lagers from other states.

Tim

Posted by boc_mage doombunny

doombunny wrote:
New question. Is anyone else bringing something other than pale ales? I've tried a few often at GenCon, I'm always open to something I've never tried, but eventually I had to conclude that pales ales are just not to my taste (which is too bad since they often have the best names). I'm hoping to try a few cream ales ambers or lagers from other states.
Tim

I can depending where you're out of if Ohio brews are new to you. I tend to like lagers and darker stuff myself. My issue will be timing, it's Wed which for most of us is travel day. I get downtown when i get downtown unfortunately. On my final final precon shopping list this weekend is to get a six or 2 of something inexpensive/different from my area for sharing. 

Posted by alandovos

Just found this, I'm also from WI and I'll try to coordinate with doombunny so there isn't too much overlap :).  I'm considering the following:

Posted by doombunny boc_mage

boc_mage wrote:
doombunny wrote:
Tim

I can depending where you're out of if Ohio brews are new to you. I tend to like lagers and darker stuff myself. My issue will be timing, it's Wed which for most of us is travel day. I get downtown when i get downtown unfortunately. On my final final precon shopping list this weekend is to get a six or 2 of something inexpensive/different from my area for sharing. 
I checked a list I found online and the only Ohio beers I recall seeing around here was Great Lakes and Sam Adams so anything you bring should be cool.
My space is limited so i won't be bringing a lot and intend to not bring much home. For the record my brother in law will also possibly be coming. he might bring Karbon4 Fantasy Factory since it has simply the most ridiculous picture on the box.

Posted by bernsteina

First-timer coming down from Toronto (Canada, not Ohio); very interested in trading some Ontario craft beer for american brews we can't get up here.

Posted by boc_mage

Wishful question, on wherever we meeting at currently for Wed, is it anywhere near food trucks or stadium? Trying to juggle around where i need to be when. Really don't want to be carrying tokens and beer in same bag if i can avoid it. 

Sign in to write a new post. New Post
1 2 4
1 2 4