D&D eXperience DM/Player Meet Up 2019
2 4 5
2 4 5
Posted by chaosate

Hey guys!  My name is Andrew Hindenburg and I’m a DDXP DM doing High Track A and B.  My B group has three players in it currently but has room for three more and my Track A group is completely available.  I run with maps and minis and a good dose of humor and imagination.  I’ve been DMing for 23 years and this will be my third GenCon!  Let me know if you’d like to join my table.  

Posted by james3k castigere

bwd72 wrote:
Mid-Track A

James A. -- Level 5 War Wizard or Level 5 GOO Warlock
Brian D. -- Level 5 Ranged Rogue or Level 5 Divine Soul Sorcerer
Teagan D. -- Level 5 Berzerker Barbarian

I'm the James A. above, just wanted to add a few things...

This is our first eXperence session at Gencon, although we have all been to Gencon before and Brian and I have been playing D&D for almost a generation, each, as both DMs and Players, while Teagan has played for a couple of years now himself.  So we are all quite familiar with the game and it's tropes.

I will likely play my wizard unless someone joins us who is playing one, in which case I may play my lock.  Brian is leaning strongly towards his sorc (who can heal to a degree), but has is rogue ready if we need that instead. 

A head's up, our characters arefor the most part CN or N and somewhat morally fluid merc types... (but NOT to the point where it disrupts the game -- fun for all comes first!!)  ...but, while mercs they may be, heroic actions are not out of the question.  After all, what's the fun in D&D if you can't be the heroes :-)

RP is fairly high in this group, and we all have fun playing our characters' personality quirks!

We're looking for three more players in Mid Track A, preferably on the low end of the level range (since we only had enough time to get AL legal characters to 5th before Gencon).  Maturity and a sense of humor are especially welcome!!!

If you're interested in joining our rag-tag bunch, let us know!  We don't know any DMs yet, but recommendations are welcome -- and if you interested in DMing for us, you're welcome to contact us!

Thanks for reading!
James

Posted by xthaydx james3k

james3k wrote:
bwd72 wrote:
Mid-Track AJames A. -- Level 5 War Wizard or Level 5 GOO Warlock

I'm the James A. above, just wanted to add a few things...This is our first eXperence session at Gencon, although we have all been to Gencon before and Brian and I have been playing D&D for almost a generation, each, as both DMs and Players, while Teagan has played for a couple of years now himself.  So we are all quite familiar with the game and it's tropes.
I will likely play my wizard unless someone joins us who is playing one, in which case I may play my lock.  Brian is leaning strongly towards his sorc (who can heal to a degree), but has is rogue ready if we need that instead. 
A head's up, our characters arefor the most part CN or N and somewhat morally fluid merc types... (but NOT to the point where it disrupts the game -- fun for all comes first!!)  ...but, while mercs they may be, heroic actions are not out of the question.  After all, what's the fun in D&D if you can't be the heroes :-)
RP is fairly high in this group, and we all have fun playing our characters' personality quirks!
We're looking for three more players in Mid Track A, preferably on the low end of the level range (since we only had enough time to get AL legal characters to 5th before Gencon).  Maturity and a sense of humor are especially welcome!!!
If you're interested in joining our rag-tag bunch, let us know!  We don't know any DMs yet, but recommendations are welcome -- and if you interested in DMing for us, you're welcome to contact us!
Thanks for reading!
James

Reading what you and your fellow have posted so far, I think I'd be very delighted to DM for you folks! See my intro earlier today (Brenden Lewis).

Posted by barefoottourguide silverf0xx

Posted by james3k xthaydx

xthaydx wrote:
james3k wrote:
bwd72 wrote:
Mid-Track AJames A. -- Level 5 War Wizard or Level 5 GOO Warlock

I'm the James A. above, just wanted to add a few things...This is our first eXperence session at Gencon, although we have all been to Gencon before and Brian and I have been playing D&D for almost a generation, each, as both DMs and Players, while Teagan has played for a couple of years now himself.  So we are all quite familiar with the game and it's tropes.
Thanks for reading!
James

Reading what you and your fellow have posted so far, I think I'd be very delighted to DM for you folks! See my intro earlier today (Brenden Lewis).

That sounds great Brenden!  We'd love to have you as a DM!!

Now we just need three more co-conspirators... errrr... I mean players ;-)

Posted by tparhamjr chaosate

chaosate wrote:
Hey guys!  My name is Andrew Hindenburg and I’m a DDXP DM doing High Track A and B.  My B group has three players in it currently but has room for three more and my Track A group is completely available.  I run with maps and minis and a good dose of humor and imagination.  I’ve been DMing for 23 years and this will be my third GenCon!  Let me know if you’d like to join my table.  
Hey Andrew! My 3-person High-B group is definitely of the map'n'mini camp, and big fans of heroic comedy - 2/3 of us have a pretty rigid moral compass (even more in character than out), but interaction with the other 1/3 usually makes for some fun(ny) moments. Is Brad/ drmean in your established 3? I'd been coordinating with their crew, but am getting anxious about a good fit/ placement. I have a post in here detailing our group if you wanna check it out. Let me know!

Posted by drmean

Afraid not tpar. Hate to see your group switch, was looking forward to druid + ranger combo, but feel free to. Don't want to hold you back.

(Let me know if you have any concerns and I'll see what I can do about them.)

Posted by tparhamjr drmean

drmean wrote:
Afraid not tpar. Hate to see your group switch, was looking forward to druid + ranger combo, but feel free to. Don't want to hold you back.
(Let me know if you have any concerns and I'll see what I can do about them.)
Oh, no concerns at all! My "getting anxious" was about finding a DM - I didn't state that very eloquently. My bad. Just thought I might have lucked out and you guys got assigned a table already. Sounds like we're both still "auditioning" then? Certainly don't want to switch if we don't have to - y'all seem fun. :)

FYI, ranger had to retire after a smaller con this past weekend. He's now a full-time dad, but his wife will still be traveling to the Moonshaes. I'll be rocking a paladin that still has a bit of a ranger-y feel. Would love to work with your druid, for sure.

If you heard from your two buddies, maybe we should do a full group list for a DM to pick up?

Posted by xthaydx james3k

james3k wrote:

That sounds great Brenden!  We'd love to have you as a DM!!Now we just need three more co-conspirators... errrr... I mean players ;-)

Sounds good, I've got you penciled in! (Troy will begin to edit his original post every so often so it will become more clear which tables are which) 

Posted by masterofdungeons

Hello, Adventurers! My name is Mitch Smithson and I will be DM'ing the Mid Track A & B. I have been a Dungeon Master since 1983, and I am a very player oriented. After all, I am a player, just like you! I just have the horrible responsibility of running the bad guys (and the good ones too!!). I will bring minis and maps, but can also provide a theater of the mind experience if that is what you prefer. I will also have a wonderful pad of graph paper if you want to go old school! 

Happy Adventuring!

Mitch Smithson

Posted by melikon

Hello all! Dwight Divine here.  DM for Mid Track B. 

I've been DMing for many, many years across almost every edition, and for the Bald Man I've been doing so off and on at Origins and Gen Con since just before 5e came together for AL Season 1.  Despite all that, this is my first DDXP DM run, and I'm very excited about getting to run a table which gets to share the whole experience together.

I like to use a mixture of maps, minis, handouts, and narration to produce the most immersive game for the players.  My goal is to allow you to truly be your character in the given setting for a few hours and to feel the weight of your choices and consequences, good and bad.  I love seeing players risk it all "for the sagas" and take heroic risks, risk long shots, and find unlikely ways to overcome the enemies, but I'm also happy to see a group carefully plan and then execute brilliant tactics to prevail. 

My goal is to provide a rich and responsive world to test yourself against and see how you overcome its challenges (or at least try to).  And, above all, to provide as much fun as we can cram into our four sessions!

Posted by jfbanks chaosate

chaosate wrote:
for anyone interested in Andy's High Track B group the three we currently have are
-Josh F. divine soul sorc/tempest cleric
-Heather G. moon druid/wolf totem Barabrian
-Abbey H. Nerco Wizard

Andy is a great DM who I've gamed with for a long time including multiple Cons. We are a very good humored group of players who may or may not cause some shenanigans.

Posted by hobieslacker

We have four tickets for the DnD experience track B Tier 3
and we’d like to request DM Garrett Crowe from Baldman games as we just learned he has been assigned to cover these session of this Tract
thanks

Posted by adam skywalker

I’m ticked with HobieSlacker so I would love to be DM’d by Mr. Crowe for the DnD experience Tier 3 Track B as well

Posted by drwhocc57

I'm with hobbieslacker and skywalker and would love to have DM Garrett Crowe be our GM for Track B Tier 3. We're from the North Coast and are excited to attend this year's D&D Experience portraying the 11th level gnome wizard Zicke Zacke "oi oi oi". 

Posted by daviangoliath

Also with hobieslacker, adam skywalker & drwhocc57 above. Real name is Steve S.

Would also like to request DM Garrett Crowe be our GM for Track B Tier 3. Had a fantastic time with him last year.

My char is lvl 11 Drunken Monk 

Posted by evi1dave

Hi fellow gamers,

My name is David Burkhart and I'm available to be your guide through DDXP Mid Track A and B. I've been a DM and player for BMG at Winter Fantasy, Origins and GenCon and I'm excited for the convention next week. This is also my first DDXP run, but don't hold that against me. ;)

This will be your adventure and as players, you choice your path. I'm there to paint the picture as you pave the path to glory.

Posted by adamjpearson searingrain

searingrain wrote:
Mid Track B
Zach L. - Level 7 Abjuration Wizard (might change to something)
Chris R. - Level 7 Totem Barb 5/Fighter 2
Caleb B. - Level 7 Battlemaster Fighter
James S. - Level 6 Devotion Paladin/1 Sorcerer
Tim C. - Level 7 WM Sorcerer
DM Preference
We've communicated with a DM from last year who wants to DM for us (Adam P.), so that's our preference.
That being said, since we are a group of 5, I think that means we have room for 1 more! We're a pretty roleplay heavy group that likes maps and minis, but still are competent at combat, while still doing things in character! Feel free to DM me or just post here if you're a single player in Mid Track B that is interested in joining!

Greetings and salutations adventurers, 

My name is Adam Pearson and I've been DMing for a good many years though only at Cons for the last two. I've DMed for AL since the days of Tiamat and prefer to run my combats on a grid with minis for players and tokens for the bad guys (Though sometimes Theater of the Mind has to happen for logistic reasons). I love roleplay and encourage unique solutions to problems. I highly encourage my parties to be clever with tactics because I will be clever with my tactics in combat. 

I use gaming safety tools at all my tables regardless of location so we can chat about that before the game starts or if you'd like to know more feel free to send me a message. My goal is to make sure we all have a fantastic time, explore unique modules, and laugh along the way with a touch of hopefully suspense about the outcome. 

I have one more spot left in my Mid-Track B as noted in the quoted text and I am also looking for a full group for Mid-Track A. 

Posted by jffalaschi

Hello,

We're a group of veteran D&DXP players and one non-veteran Brazilian guy that the group was king enough to adopt for the event. We're in for Mid Track B. The veterans played with Ariana Stewart last year, but we are happy to try different DMs.

Here's the group:

Brad P. - Oddo (human barbarian [berserker] 6)
João F. - Bug (half-elf warlock [hexblade] 5)
Karen O. - Loial (goliath druid [moon] 5)
Mick S. - Wavy (forest gnome monk [drunken master] 5)
Sean W. - Muzglob (half-orc wizard [evocation] 7)
Steph W. - Fidget (human ranger [gloomstalker] 6)

Posted by silverf0xx drmean

drmean wrote:
Silverf0xx, any chance you could tell me if John Bock might be DMing High Track B? We'd sure would like to get him if he is.

Unfortunately John is not on my list of eXperience DMs for this year.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
2 4 5
2 4 5