D&D eXperience DM/Player Meet Up 2019
1 3 5
1 3 5
Posted by silverf0xx tparhamjr

tparhamjr wrote:
High-Track B
Team: Awesome Name TBD
Players/ PCs:
1. Tom P. - L11 Dwarven OotA paladin of Morthammor Duin; Warden of the Deepshaes. Died in the line of duty but was revived by seelie fey. Missing an eye and mostly deaf. About 30% scar tissue by weight. Leans on the heavy iron staff he wields in combat. Family motto hidden in his tattoos, in memory of his fallen “thunder twin” brother, scarified by elemental cultists. “The Watcher’s eye be upon us.”
2. Alex P. - L11 Human Eldritch Knight. A Northlander-born noble with a rebellious streak. Savior of Parnast, Friend of Hartkiller (and all goodly giants), and … “despised by Talos” (that should be fun for MOON12!). Recently a Tavern Hero at the Yawning Portal, and the adoptive mother of a halfling girl rescued from Undermountain - her in-game husband is now taking levels in the Full-time Dad subclass. Dual-wielding EK with a flair for theatrical combat, flinging fire and ice. “Your pride will be your fall.”
3. Mike Y. - L11 Human Grave Cleric. A wanderer from lands unknown, outwardly a follower of Kelemvor. Only his closes friends know his true goals. Views necromancy as a tool like any other - to be used and wielded wisely. Happy to heal those who still have purpose in the world. Happy to Blight those who have none. “The Scribe knows your name.”
4. {You?]
5. {A buddy?}
6. {Your new GenCon BFF?}
*Had already connected with a fella named Brad/ DrMean on the forums, so if you’re in here, Brad, then hit us up!
Notes:
We want to play with similarly low-T3 folks who aren’t decked out in crazy items. We prefer maximum theatricality in our combat over maximum damage. The rules for improvised weapons come up in our games more often than most - KO'd a remorhaz with a thrown quarterstaff once :)
DM Preference:
Anyone who loves to describe the big skill check or the monster’s epic critical with gritty visual detail. Yes, there are time constraints, but rest assured we will help in the verbal flourish department (obvi). Help us paint a picture, that we may know how to inspire the bards, or describe our many scars to a lovely someone. Huzzah!
We will clash with openly adversarial DMs, but will jive with a DM who is as much an active player in the tale as we are. Join us in the telling!

Whoa! Love this group already!

Posted by silverf0xx xthaydx

xthaydx wrote:
james3k wrote:

That sounds great Brenden!  We'd love to have you as a DM!!Now we just need three more co-conspirators... errrr... I mean players ;-)
Sounds good, I've got you penciled in! (Troy will begin to edit his original post every so often so it will become more clear which tables are which) 

Thank you. The new job has me scattered to the 4 winds and back.

Posted by ebohm ebohm

ebohm wrote:
Hello, Eric Bohm here.  DM for Mid Track B.  
I like to run a lively table where we use vivid descriptions of actions, in social, exploration, and combat encounters to help everyone keep their heads in the game.  I like maps and minis.  When its possible and feels like it will enrich the experience, I throw in a set piece fight using Dwarven Forge. Otherwise, I use a portable lazy susan mounted map table with pre-drawn maps. 
I do a modest amount of voice acting to help keep the NPCs distinct, but I generally try to keep the focus on the players rather than talking to myself.  I encourage creative play, but generally anchor everything in rules as written. Also, all my rolls are right out in the open, so if the dice kill you, well they won't apologize, but I will commiserate.
I've been running DDXP off and on most years since its inception.  Generally recognizable as someone who often marshals while wearing a red cthulhu fez.

Replying to bump, as I don't seem to be on the list in the top post.

Posted by drmean silverf0xx

silverf0xx wrote:
drmean wrote:
Silverf0xx, any chance you could tell me if John Bock might be DMing High Track B? We'd sure would like to get him if he is.

Unfortunately John is not on my list of eXperience DMs for this year.
Awwwww, too bad. We always try to grab him if possible. Thanks for checking.

Posted by silverf0xx ebohm

ebohm wrote:
ebohm wrote:
Hello, Eric Bohm here.  DM for Mid Track B.  
I like to run a lively table where we use vivid descriptions of actions, in social, exploration, and combat encounters to help everyone keep their heads in the game.  I like maps and minis.  When its possible and feels like it will enrich the experience, I throw in a set piece fight using Dwarven Forge. Otherwise, I use a portable lazy susan mounted map table with pre-drawn maps. 
I do a modest amount of voice acting to help keep the NPCs distinct, but I generally try to keep the focus on the players rather than talking to myself.  I encourage creative play, but generally anchor everything in rules as written. Also, all my rolls are right out in the open, so if the dice kill you, well they won't apologize, but I will commiserate.
I've been running DDXP off and on most years since its inception.  Generally recognizable as someone who often marshals while wearing a red cthulhu fez.

Replying to bump, as I don't seem to be on the list in the top post.

Sorry about that Eric. That was an oversight on my part. It is now fixed!

Posted by silverf0xx drmean

drmean wrote:
silverf0xx wrote:
drmean wrote:
Silverf0xx, any chance you could tell me if John Bock might be DMing High Track B? We'd sure would like to get him if he is.

Unfortunately John is not on my list of eXperience DMs for this year.
Awwwww, too bad. We always try to grab him if possible. Thanks for checking.

No problem at all. There are definitely plenty of awesome DMs in this mix to choose from.

Posted by silverf0xx searingrain

searingrain wrote:
Mid Track B
Zach L. - Level 7 Abjuration Wizard (might change to something)
Chris R. - Level 7 Totem Barb 5/Fighter 2
Caleb B. - Level 7 Battlemaster Fighter
James S. - Level 7 Devotion Paladin 6/1 Sorcerer
Tim C. - Level 7 WM Sorcerer
DM Preference
We've communicated with a DM from last year who wants to DM for us (Adam P.), so that's our preference.
That being said, since we are a group of 5, I think that means we have room for 1 more! We're a pretty roleplay heavy group that likes maps and minis, but still are competent at combat, while still doing things in character! Feel free to DM me or just post here if you're a single player in Mid Track B that is interested in joining!

I've got you locked in with Adam P. Have a great eXperience!

Posted by silverf0xx narzat

narzat wrote:
silverf0xx wrote:
narzat wrote:
Mid Track A  (Players/PCs)
Team Sea Myst Reavers (Complete Table)
Mark B. – Level 5 Rogue
Donald P. – Level 5 Swashbuckler 4/Bladesinger 1
Ted K. – Level 5 Sorcerer
Mark W. – Level 5 Cleric
Dave S. – Level 5 Paladin
Tim E. – Level 5 Paladin

Do you have a specific DM in mind?
Most of the the guys on our team played with Jason Romein last year and had a great time, so we would love to play with him again if available.  Jarrett Heintz was also great and would be our backup choice.  Otherwise, any well-prepared DM who brings a mix of role play and tactical combat, with a dash of humor :) Thanks!

Unfortunately, neither of them are running eXp this year. I will put in a request to have them both flogged on your behalf.

Posted by silverf0xx de648911

de648911 wrote:
High Track B:
Destry E. - Level 11 Wizard
Michael T. - Level 11 Warlock
James C. - Level 11 Battlerager
Shawn G. - Level 14 Bard
Craig R. - Level 13 Celric
Looking for 1 more player
Would like Jennings McCoy or Chris Dzura as GMs

You are locked in with Jennings as your DM. One more player and you could win the First Full Table with a DM award!

Posted by silverf0xx hobieslacker

hobieslacker wrote:
We have four tickets for the DnD experience track B Tier 3
and we’d like to request DM Garrett Crowe from Baldman games as we just learned he has been assigned to cover these session of this Tract
thanks

Please provide your RL name, class, and level so that I may add you to Garrett's table.

Posted by silverf0xx adam skywalker

adam skywalker wrote:
I’m ticked with HobieSlacker so I would love to be DM’d by Mr. Crowe for the DnD experience Tier 3 Track B as well

Please provide your RL name, class, and level so that I may add you to Garrett's table.

Posted by silverf0xx drwhocc57

drwhocc57 wrote:
I'm with hobbieslacker and skywalker and would love to have DM Garrett Crowe be our GM for Track B Tier 3. We're from the North Coast and are excited to attend this year's D&D Experience portraying the 11th level gnome wizard Zicke Zacke "oi oi oi". 

Please provide your RL name so that I may add you to Garrett's table.

Posted by silverf0xx jffalaschi

jffalaschi wrote:
Hello,
We're a group of veteran D&DXP players and one non-veteran Brazilian guy that the group was king enough to adopt for the event. We're in for Mid Track B. The veterans played with Ariana Stewart last year, but we are happy to try different DMs.
Here's the group:
Brad P. - Oddo (human barbarian [berserker] 6)
João F. - Bug (half-elf warlock [hexblade] 5)
Karen O. - Loial (goliath druid [moon] 5)
Mick S. - Wavy (forest gnome monk [drunken master] 5)
Sean W. - Muzglob (half-orc wizard [evocation] 7)
Steph W. - Fidget (human ranger [gloomstalker] 6)

It looks like Ariana will not be DMing eXp this year. A request for a DM flogging has been entered on your behalf.

Posted by tparhamjr

We're ready with an updated full group listing!

Tom P. - L12 Paladin (OotA)
Alex P. - L11 Fighter (Eldritch Knight)
Mike Y. - L11 Cleric (Grave)
Brad - L?? Druid (Moon)
Martin - L?? Sorcerer
Nick - L?? Paladin

Yup. Double Paladins. Auras all over the damn place. #NOFEAR (where the 90s kids at?) :)

Requesting any DM who loves a good theatrical combat. Visuals (map/minis) strongly preferred. Ravenous for more Moonshaes lore! Laura Thompson or Mike Amer, perhaps?

Posted by mike_amer tparhamjr

tparhamjr wrote:
Brad - L?? Druid (Moon)
Martin - L?? Sorcerer
Nick - L?? Paladin
Yup. Double Paladins. Auras all over the damn place. #NOFEAR (where the 90s kids at?) :)
Requesting any DM who loves a good theatrical combat. Visuals (map/minis) strongly preferred. Ravenous for more Moonshaes lore! Laura Thompson or Mike Amer, perhaps?

I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED!!

Somebody mentioned me? I'm Mike Amer, and I'm DM'ing both High tracks. There will be maps, minis and hijinks. But beware, I'm not a great artist (so the maps won't be the best you've ever seen). I will liberally award inspiration for doing silly / non-optimal stuff. There will be many wisecracks and hopefully much laughter. I also love the Moonshae setting and have read, run or played pretty much every mod BMG has done there. Who wants some? 

BTW - tparhamjr, have we played together before? Either way, your group looks awesome and I'd love to play with you.

Posted by tparhamjr mike_amer

mike_amer wrote:
tparhamjr wrote:
Brad - L?? Druid (Moon)
Martin - L?? Sorcerer
Nick - L?? Paladin

I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED!!Somebody mentioned me? I'm Mike Amer, and I'm DM'ing both High tracks. There will be maps, minis and hijinks. But beware, I'm not a great artist (so the maps won't be the best you've ever seen). I will liberally award inspiration for doing silly / non-optimal stuff. There will be many wisecracks and hopefully much laughter. I also love the Moonshae setting and have read, run or played pretty much every mod BMG has done there. Who wants some? 
BTW - tparhamjr, have we played together before? Either way, your group looks awesome and I'd love to play with you.

Yes, please!

Don't know if we've played together, but saw your intro on last year's board. Seemed like a good fit. LET'S DO THIS THAAAAANG!

Hey silverf0xx, anybody take that "first full table" award yet? :)

Posted by narzat silverf0xx

silverf0xx wrote:
narzat wrote:
silverf0xx wrote:
narzat wrote:
Mid Track A  (Players/PCs)
Team Sea Myst Reavers (Complete Table)
Mark B. – Level 5 Rogue
Donald P. – Level 5 Swashbuckler 4/Bladesinger 1
Ted K. – Level 5 Sorcerer
Mark W. – Level 5 Cleric
Dave S. – Level 5 Paladin
Tim E. – Level 5 Paladin

Do you have a specific DM in mind?
Most of the the guys on our team played with Jason Romein last year and had a great time, so we would love to play with him again if available.  Jarrett Heintz was also great and would be our backup choice.  Otherwise, any well-prepared DM who brings a mix of role play and tactical combat, with a dash of humor :) Thanks!

Unfortunately, neither of them are running eXp this year. I will put in a request to have them both flogged on your behalf.

No need for flogging :)  Among the Mid Track A DMs on the latest list, any with similar styles that you can pair us up with or who want to volunteer to lead our merry band through these adventures?  I promise our paladins are not "lawful stupid"!  The group is both experienced and fun-loving, so I think we can keep a DM entertained for the weekend.

Posted by masterofdungeons

I will run for the two completed Mid Track A & B groups, if they will have me as a DM!

Posted by silverf0xx narzat

narzat wrote:
No need for flogging :)  Among the Mid Track A DMs on the latest list, any with similar styles that you can pair us up with or who want to volunteer to lead our merry band through these adventures?  I promise our paladins are not "lawful stupid"!  The group is both experienced and fun-loving, so I think we can keep a DM entertained for the weekend.

What do you mean no need for flogging?

Looks like DM Mitch Smithson has stepped up to the task.

Posted by silverf0xx tparhamjr

tparhamjr wrote:
mike_amer wrote:
tparhamjr wrote:
Brad - L?? Druid (Moon)
Martin - L?? Sorcerer
Nick - L?? Paladin

I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED!!Somebody mentioned me? I'm Mike Amer, and I'm DM'ing both High tracks. There will be maps, minis and hijinks. But beware, I'm not a great artist (so the maps won't be the best you've ever seen). I will liberally award inspiration for doing silly / non-optimal stuff. There will be many wisecracks and hopefully much laughter. I also love the Moonshae setting and have read, run or played pretty much every mod BMG has done there. Who wants some? 

Yes, please!Don't know if we've played together, but saw your intro on last year's board. Seemed like a good fit. LET'S DO THIS THAAAAANG!
Hey silverf0xx, anybody take that "first full table" award yet? :)

The First Full Table award goes to Mr. Mike Amer's High Track B Team Azer! (which is you guys)

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3 5
1 3 5