D&D eXperience DM/Player Meet Up 2019
1 2 4
1 2 4
Posted by silverf0xx

Alright gang! We have 3 full tables with DMs ready to go and a couple that are really close to being completed!

Here's where I ask for your help. If you know any other players that will be playing in this years D&D eXperience please, please, PLEASE link them to this post. The more players we can get to pre-muster the faster everyone gets to start this awesome series of adventures

Thank you in advance.

Posted by narzat silverf0xx

silverf0xx wrote:
narzat wrote:
No need for flogging :)  Among the Mid Track A DMs on the latest list, any with similar styles that you can pair us up with or who want to volunteer to lead our merry band through these adventures?  I promise our paladins are not "lawful stupid"!  The group is both experienced and fun-loving, so I think we can keep a DM entertained for the weekend.

What do you mean no need for flogging?Looks like DM Mitch Smithson has stepped up to the task.
Awesome, thanks Mitch!  Looking forward to gaming with you soon.

Posted by james3k silverf0xx

silverf0xx wrote:
xthaydx wrote:
james3k wrote:

That sounds great Brenden!  We'd love to have you as a DM!!Now we just need three more co-conspirators... errrr... I mean players ;-)
Sounds good, I've got you penciled in! (Troy will begin to edit his original post every so often so it will become more clear which tables are which) 

Thank you. The new job has me scattered to the 4 winds and back.

@silverf0x: Just a quick re-post to update who we are playing in case the helps anyone decide on a table to join... I decided to go with the warlock and Brian the sorc for the party makeup.

This is for Brenden Lewis's "Lich" table.

Mid Track A
James A. -- Kez Blackthorn, Level 5 Halfling Great Old One Warlock 
Brian D. -- Gluntmoxxle: The Reasonably Divine, Level 5 Tiefling Divine Soul Sorcerer 
Teagan D. -- Rictor Earthshaker, Level 5 Half-Orc Berzerker Barbarian

From my post earlier in the thread:

This is our first eXperence session at Gencon, although we have all been to Gencon before and Brian and I have been playing D&D for almost a generation, each, as both DMs and Players, while Teagan has played for a couple of years now himself.  So we are all quite familiar with the game and it's tropes.

A head's up, our characters are for the most part CN and somewhat morally fluid merc types... (but NOT to the point where it disrupts the game -- fun for all comes first!!)  ...but, while mercs they may be, heroic actions are not out of the question.  After all, what's the fun in D&D if you can't be the heroes :-)

RP is fairly high in this group, and we all have fun playing our characters' personality quirks!

We're looking for three more players in Mid Track A, preferably on the low end of the level range (since we only had enough time to get AL legal characters to 5th before Gencon).  Maturity and a sense of humor are especially welcome!!!

Thanks for reading!
James

Posted by nray2016

Hi everyone! New to the post. I've got two people for Tier 3, high track A, and we definitely want to be at the same table. 
​​​​​​
There's me, Nick R., with Alder Stormraven, a fighter 1, War Mage 12!

And my friend, Kelsey C., with Alexandria Osario-Cortez, a Crown Paladin 10, Champion 3!

We love role playing and joking around, but also getting the job done! We will both play it up in character, and join in on all the shenanigans.

Our preference of DM is one who is about fun/theatrics/epicness, but can keep the group together and challenge us. A fun leader. :)

Hope to see you there! 

Posted by cleat1964

Mid Track B

Joseph D. / Level 7 Druid
Rich P. / Level 7 Cleric
Mike H. / Level 7 Bard
Cleatus H. / Level 7 Barbarian
Kevin H. / Level 7 Barbarian 

We would like to be at the same table.  We enjoy minis, maps and props.  We love combat and action.

Thanks!

Posted by uninvitedx

I'd like to be at the following tables:

Mid Track A - Adam Pearson  Pegasus:

Joe A.-Level 10 Fighter/Rogue

High Track B - Greg Marks   Marut:

Joe A.-Level 13 Warlock

Posted by silverf0xx james3k

james3k wrote:
silverf0xx wrote:
xthaydx wrote:
james3k wrote:

That sounds great Brenden!  We'd love to have you as a DM!!Now we just need three more co-conspirators... errrr... I mean players ;-)
Sounds good, I've got you penciled in! (Troy will begin to edit his original post every so often so it will become more clear which tables are which) 

Thank you. The new job has me scattered to the 4 winds and back.
@silverf0x: Just a quick re-post to update who we are playing in case the helps anyone decide on a table to join... I decided to go with the warlock and Brian the sorc for the party makeup.
This is for Brenden Lewis's "Lich" table.
Mid Track A
James A. -- Kez Blackthorn, Level 5 Halfling Great Old One Warlock 
Brian D. -- Gluntmoxxle: The Reasonably Divine, Level 5 Tiefling Divine Soul Sorcerer 
Teagan D. -- Rictor Earthshaker, Level 5 Half-Orc Berzerker Barbarian
From my post earlier in the thread:
This is our first eXperence session at Gencon, although we have all been to Gencon before and Brian and I have been playing D&D for almost a generation, each, as both DMs and Players, while Teagan has played for a couple of years now himself.  So we are all quite familiar with the game and it's tropes.
A head's up, our characters are for the most part CN and somewhat morally fluid merc types... (but NOT to the point where it disrupts the game -- fun for all comes first!!)  ...but, while mercs they may be, heroic actions are not out of the question.  After all, what's the fun in D&D if you can't be the heroes :-)
RP is fairly high in this group, and we all have fun playing our characters' personality quirks!
We're looking for three more players in Mid Track A, preferably on the low end of the level range (since we only had enough time to get AL legal characters to 5th before Gencon).  Maturity and a sense of humor are especially welcome!!!
Thanks for reading!
James

Noted and changed, James.

Posted by silverf0xx nray2016

nray2016 wrote:
Hi everyone! New to the post. I've got two people for Tier 3, high track A, and we definitely want to be at the same table. 
​​​​​​
And my friend, Kelsey C., with Alexandria Osario-Cortez, a Crown Paladin 10, Champion 3!
We love role playing and joking around, but also getting the job done! We will both play it up in character, and join in on all the shenanigans.
Our preference of DM is one who is about fun/theatrics/epicness, but can keep the group together and challenge us. A fun leader. :)
Hope to see you there! 

Hope you brought your floaties. You both have been thrown into the Player Pool,

I REALLY want to hear the story behind AO-C the holy warrior. Love it!

Posted by silverf0xx cleat1964

cleat1964 wrote:
Mid Track B
Rich P. / Level 7 Cleric
Mike H. / Level 7 Bard
We would like to be at the same table.  We enjoy minis, maps and props.  We love combat and action.
Thanks!

Got you in the Pool, Cleat. No splashing. Makes the lifeguard mad.

Posted by silverf0xx uninvitedx

uninvitedx wrote:
I'd like to be at the following tables:
Mid Track A - Adam Pearson  Pegasus:
          Joe A.-Level 10 Fighter/Rogue
High Track B - Greg Marks   Marut:

Joe A.-Level 13 Warlock

You snuck in on me. Skipping the Pool and going right for a table. I like your style.

Posted by cleat1964 silverf0xx

silverf0xx wrote:
cleat1964 wrote:
Mid Track B
Rich P. / Level 7 Cleric
Mike H. / Level 7 Bard
Thanks!

Got you in the Pool, Cleat. No splashing. Makes the lifeguard mad.

Great!  This group has been playing since around 77-78.  We've never splashed one time.

Our team name is "Mikes Moms Basement 1977".

Posted by nray2016 silverf0xx

silverf0xx wrote:
nray2016 wrote:
​​​​​​
Hope to see you there! 

Hope you brought your floaties. You both have been thrown into the Player Pool,I REALLY want to hear the story behind AO-C the holy warrior. Love it!
She will definitely tell you if you ask! And I brought my snorkel. I hope that's okay. 

Posted by shuteyelids masterofdungeons

tyranas wrote:
Hello, Adventurers! My name is Mitch Smithson and I will be DM'ing the Mid Track A & B. I have been a Dungeon Master since 1983, and I am a very player oriented. After all, I am a player, just like you! I just have the horrible responsibility of running the bad guys (and the good ones too!!). I will bring minis and maps, but can also provide a theater of the mind experience if that is what you prefer. I will also have a wonderful pad of graph paper if you want to go old school! 
Happy Adventuring!
Mitch Smithson

Hello Mitch, great to know you'll be running our adventures. I'm Mick in the Mid-Track B group (level 5 drunken master). We're a group of 5 home players, Sean's been our DM but last year we used Gencon to get opportunities to play all in the same party. As such it's fitting that Sean's our highest ranking PC and a Mage to boot. Joao's post got us active on these forums, and we're pretty excited to bring new blood into the group and his character's background story and play style seems to fit ours well. As a group we are by turns playful, irreverent, intensely focused on puzzles and combats, and very much enjoy social and other non-combat encounters. I'm not a "veteran" AL player as such, but we took these characters through last year's non DnDXP Moonshae Modules and enjoyed it very much. Sean, Brad and Steph all played some AL stuff locally. Feel free to reach out or not, depending on what you'd like to know before the game, and what sorts of bribes and treats work best on you. See you next week!

Posted by evi1dave jffalaschi

jffalaschi wrote:
Hello,
We're a group of veteran D&DXP players and one non-veteran Brazilian guy that the group was king enough to adopt for the event. We're in for Mid Track B. The veterans played with Ariana Stewart last year, but we are happy to try different DMs.
Here's the group:
Brad P. - Oddo (human barbarian [berserker] 6)
João F. - Bug (half-elf warlock [hexblade] 5)
Karen O. - Loial (goliath druid [moon] 5)
Mick S. - Wavy (forest gnome monk [drunken master] 5)
Sean W. - Muzglob (half-orc wizard [evocation] 7)
Steph W. - Fidget (human ranger [gloomstalker] 6)

David Burkhart here, and I would be glad to run for your group, if you would have me. I like to use maps & minis and enjoy RP as much as combat. I like to throw a little quirkiness into my NPCs and hope to see the same from the PCs.

It's my first DDXP, but don't hold that against me. =)

Posted by shuteyelids evi1dave

evi1dave wrote:
jffalaschi wrote:
Hello,
We're a group of veteran D&DXP players and one non-veteran Brazilian guy that the group was king enough to adopt for the event. We're in for Mid Track B. The veterans played with Ariana Stewart last year, but we are happy to try different DMs.
Here's the group:
Brad P. - Oddo (human barbarian [berserker] 6)
João F. - Bug (half-elf warlock [hexblade] 5)
Karen O. - Loial (goliath druid [moon] 5)
Mick S. - Wavy (forest gnome monk [drunken master] 5)
Sean W. - Muzglob (half-orc wizard [evocation] 7)
Steph W. - Fidget (human ranger [gloomstalker] 6)

David Burkhart here, and I would be glad to run for your group, if you would have me. I like to use maps & minis and enjoy RP as much as combat. I like to throw a little quirkiness into my NPCs and hope to see the same from the PCs.It's my first DDXP, but don't hold that against me. =)

David, looks like we are already matched up with Mitch Smithson, but sounds like you'd be a great DM too for whatever group gets you. As the guy playing the forest gnome monk, who's buddies with a half-orc wizard and a goliath druid, I'd say quirky is how we like to play. :)

Posted by masterofdungeons shuteyelids

Greetings, Mick! I'm looking forward to running for your group! I'm a diet Mt. Dew man, and quite partial to Slim Jims as bribes! As for your characters, I do love the surprise of seeing them at the table! Just make sure everyone has their AL log sheets and miniatures just in case (I will have some extras just in case)! See you at Gen Con!

Posted by narzat masterofdungeons

tyranas wrote:
Greetings, Mick! I'm looking forward to running for your group! I'm a diet Mt. Dew man, and quite partial to Slim Jims as bribes! As for your characters, I do love the surprise of seeing them at the table! Just make sure everyone has their AL log sheets and miniatures just in case (I will have some extras just in case)! See you at Gen Con!

Noted by your Mid Track A table as well ;)  See you at 0800, Day One!

Posted by leash246

Leighton Eash
Character is Arma Geddon, a 14th-level Halfling Barbarian
I'm on High Track B, and I think it'd be cool to play at Greg Marks's table if possible.

Posted by castigere

Lol Arma Geddon... Pint sized force of nature!!

Why do the barbarians all have the best names?!?

Posted by shuteyelids masterofdungeons

tyranas wrote:
Done, done, done and done!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 2 4
1 2 4