Dropping your hotel reservation? POST IT HERE! <3
1 3 4
1 3 4
Posted by orionwiseman

If you end up dropping a hotel room post it here for added visibility!

We had a similar thread last year that acted as a watering hole for those of us still hoping and waiting for a hotel near the convention center to open up.

Posted by sarudy

I just canceled an out-of-block at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis for a 2 Double ADA with Shower, because $600/night is just too dear for me.  (I may or may not be canceling the trip entirely if I can't find an affordable housing solution).  If you're made of money, though, it might still be there through the hotel.

Posted by mrogers

I am looking for a closer hotel. Being our first time to Gen Con we waited a bit too late to book a hotel within 5 miles. Ours is currently 15 miles out. So if I can find a closer hotel it would be awesome!

Posted by buffythecatslayer mrogers

mrogers wrote:I am looking for a closer hotel. Being our first time to Gen Con we waited a bit too late to book a hotel within 5 miles. Ours is currently 15 miles out. So if I can find a closer hotel it would be awesome!

You can keep going into the housing portal and checking if there are any closer rooms.  Just choose Modify on your housing page; as long as you don't actually save changes, your original reservation will stay.  Note that people drop rooms all the time, so you have to check often.  By the time someone posts it here & you read it, chances are the room will be gone.

Posted by roundtop

From the housing FAQ:
CANCELLATION POLICY
All room assignments are subject to cancellation fees. Assignments cancelled before 11:59 pm (Eastern), June 10, 2019are subject to a $50 USD cancellation fee per room. Room assignments cancelled after June 10, 2019 are subject to a cancellation fee equal to one night room charge per room. Cancellation fees will be automatically charged to the credit card on file, and Q-rooms LLC will be listed as the charge originator on the credit card statements. No exceptions or refunds will be granted. 
HOTEL DEPOSIT REQUIREMENT
After housing registration ends on July 15, 2019, your assigned hotel will charge a non-refundable deposit equal to one night room rate plus tax and convert your assignment into a confirmed hotel reservation. Hotels will begin charging deposits on July 16, but it can be 24 hours or longer for the hotel to complete the transactions and issue confirmed reservations.

That is your deadline really. People have to have cancelled by July 10 or get hit with a couple hundred dollars in charges (rather than just $50).  So keep checking, especially around the beginning of July if you haven't found one by then. After July 16, the likelihood of finding one pretty much goes away.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

There is usually a blip in cancellations after Event Registration (May 19 this year), if people can't get some must-have events.   But keep checking all the time; as roundtop pointed out, you have about 3 months until the cancellation drop-dead day.

Posted by mrogers buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:
mrogers wrote:I am looking for a closer hotel. Being our first time to Gen Con we waited a bit too late to book a hotel within 5 miles. Ours is currently 15 miles out. So if I can find a closer hotel it would be awesome!

You can keep going into the housing portal and checking if there are any closer rooms.  Just choose Modify on your housing page; as long as you don't actually save changes, your original reservation will stay.  Note that people drop rooms all the time, so you have to check often.  By the time someone posts it here & you read it, chances are the room will be gone.
Thank you. That is what I am doing! Appreciate the help. 

Posted by ar6474

I have a reservation that was my back up that I will be releasing soon .

=14pxJuly 31, 2019=14px - =14pxAugust 04, 2019
at the 

Hampton Inn Indianapolis N.e. Castleton 

1 King Bed Study With Sofa-bed Nonsmoking for 4 Nights

Posted by bloodyfire ar6474

[This post has been removed]

Posted by steffles

I am dropping Sheraton Indianapolis Downtown - it says it's 4 blocks.  I believe it is near Monument Circle.  This is in the housing block...just a heads up.

queen/queen

Posted by orionwiseman

I was away from my computer and someone else got the room downtown, but it is good to see things are opening up! Hopefully I will find a housing block hotel room downtown prior to the convention. :)

Posted by shadowsummoner

Me too. Currently have a room at the Alexander but out of block so very pricey 

Posted by localindyguy

If you're looking for place to stay downtown,
have a look at our place downtown. www.airbnb.com/rooms/32612332? The location and quality of this place cant be beat !!  

Its a long walk  a short scooter ride or few mins uber to convention center . Right now it's one of the only 2 bedrooms (2.5 baths) under $1000 per night, and think you'll be impressed with the quality.  

Our primary home a gorgeous house  on a lake about 40 mins from downtown. And  designed our downtown place so we (and/or airbnb guests , or friends) would have a spot to stay that is equal to or better then place they left. 
Please mention this blog post if you contact us via Airbnb and we'll offer a bit of a break on price

Posted by orionwiseman

I managed to find a room at the JW today in the housing portal. I was surprised to see rooms opening up and very happy to book one! 

Posted by vexedwaffle

Drat. I hope some more pop up. Congrats to you though! :)

Posted by ematuskey

I've seen a couple downtown 1K rooms open up in the last couple weeks--a pity I'm looking for 2 beds!  :p  But it means inventory /is/ becoming available, so keep checking the portal!

Posted by komoridarkclaw

Currently a 1 King at Omni Severin in the block for at least Thurs-Sat
I don't need a 1 King but I saw it so thought id pass it on.
~Komori

Posted by cynamon

In-Block Double Queen Standard at Holiday Inn dwtn if someone is still looking Thur-Sun

Posted by c67f cynamon

i just grabbed that! thanks so much .

cynamon wrote:
In-Block Double Queen Standard at Holiday Inn dwtn if someone is still looking Thur-Sun

Posted by novega

Sheraton City Center available now.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3 4
1 3 4