Official Gen Con cancellation questions
( Locked)
1 3 4 5
1 3 4 5
Posted by mikeboozer

Hello all. You can find the announcement here: Click here to read the full announcement.

You can ask any questions you might have on this thread. Please do not create other ones for this purpose.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by insane

Next year in Indianapolis

Posted by graythundr

So do we need to do anything about hotels?

Posted by twintone

What about our parking through Affordable Indy Event Parking?

Posted by araubvogel

I'm surprised there is a $10 "return fee" for those who request refunds to the original form of purchase. Since the event is canceled, isn't Gen Con obligated to give a full refund, without any service charges?

Posted by mrshiny

If a VIG requests a refund, can they later renew for 2021?

Posted by jcirillo1971

Regarding Hotels, per the release:

If you've made a hotel reservation through our Housing Portal, your reservation will automatically be canceled, and you will not be charged any fees. The hotel queue will be reassigned for 2021.

Posted by randrac

So for those who managed to get a downtown hotel, the lottery will be completely redone next year and we will be at the mercy of next year's lottery?

Posted by mikeboozer randrac

randrac wrote:
So for those who managed to get a downtown hotel, the lottery will be completely redone next year and we will be at the mercy of next year's lottery?

Correct. Hotel slot times are not rolling over.

Mike

Posted by remeil

If I purchased multiple badges for myself and friends, do I need to request refunds/system credit for all of them, or do the individual badge holders need to each individually request it?

Posted by mikeboozer mrshiny

mrshiny wrote:
If a VIG requests a refund, can they later renew for 2021?

You all should have an email

Posted by cmegus randrac

randrac wrote:

Yep, the one time I actually got to book a DT hotel... what are the odds?

I believe we should get the same time booking as we did this year for hotels next year.

G

Posted by mikeboozer twintone

twintone wrote:
What about our parking through Affordable Indy Event Parking?

That is a separate company and you will need to contact them about their policies.

Posted by mikeboozer remeil

remeil wrote:
If I purchased multiple badges for myself and friends, do I need to request refunds/system credit for all of them, or do the individual badge holders need to each individually request it?

You do not. One email with their names will suffice if purchased on your account, but not before My 26.

Mike

Posted by mikeboozer araubvogel

araubvogel wrote:
I'm surprised there is a $10 "return fee" for those who request refunds to the original form of purchase. Since the event is canceled, isn't Gen Con obligated to give a full refund, without any service charges?
We incur standard credit card processing fees for both the sale of a badge and the issuance of a badge. The fee is to cover those costs. We don’t make any money off of this fee.

Mike

Posted by npbernhardt

If we're fortunate enough to be able to donate our badges, any chance we can designate part of our badge "value" to the affiliated charities? 

Posted by itsugat

Please consider extending the same time slots to the hotel lottery for 2021, or is there any way to keep our hotel reservations for 2021?

Posted by mikeboozer itsugat

itsugat wrote:
Please consider extending the same time slots to the hotel lottery for 2021, or is there any way to keep our hotel reservations for 2021?

This is just not a fair policy for everyone. People with preferable time slots will be in favor of it and people without them will not be in favor.

Mike

Posted by mikeboozer npbernhardt

npbernhardt wrote:
If we're fortunate enough to be able to donate our badges, any chance we can designate part of our badge "value" to the affiliated charities? 

I have no news on this right now. It is being considered.

Mike

Posted by buffythecatslayer npbernhardt

npbernhardt wrote:If we're fortunate enough to be able to donate our badges, any chance we can designate part of our badge "value" to the affiliated charities? 

Second this question.  Would like to get something to the charities.

ETA: And that's what I get for not refreshing the page enough...

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3 4 5
1 3 4 5