Let's assume Gen Con happens...
1 3 4
1 3 4
Posted by oldcurmudgeonstudios

Are there any games you are especially looking forward to playing / playtesting / buying this summer?

I'm looking forward to the Darkest Dungeon board game. The minis look fantastic. Hoping the game plays as good as the minis look.

Posted by grognard262

I plan to give Axis and Allies a try.  A buddy of mine and I used to play Risk all the time when we were kids, and it looks like it would be interesting.

I'm hoping to try out Warhammer 40K at Gen Con.  Assuming the wife doesn't schedule 12 hours per day of D&D, of course...

Posted by lore seeker

After seeing Puffin Forest's video about his Deadlands game, I'm very interested in trying that out (assuming anyone's running a game) and possibly getting the core book (if it's even still in print). It sounds like a very cool setting.

Posted by marrowseth

I'm really hoping to do Iron GM if its happening this year. 

Posted by smarty_213

It's a Gen Con tradition for me to always try and play Campaign Trail, a board game about the presidential election.  I can never find people to play it at home with, so I haven't purchased it.  I always look forward to Gen Con for another play.  :-)

Posted by ryric lore seeker

father bloodlust wrote:
After seeing Puffin Forest's video about his Deadlands game, I'm very interested in trying that out (assuming anyone's running a game) and possibly getting the core book (if it's even still in print). It sounds like a very cool setting.
The latest version of Deadlands just went out to Kickstarters this month, so should be readily available by August.

Posted by oldcurmudgeonstudios grognard262

chaoticneutral262 wrote:
I plan to give Axis and Allies a try.  A buddy of mine and I used to play Risk all the time when we were kids, and it looks like it would be interesting.
I'm hoping to try out Warhammer 40K at Gen Con.  Assuming the wife doesn't schedule 12 hours per day of D&D, of course...

Axis and Allies is a favorite of mine, when I have enough people to play. I have the Big sets, Europe And Pacific 1940?, I think.

Posted by oldcurmudgeonstudios

One of the games I'd like to get into are the big political / scenario games. I've seen them in the catalog, but never pulled the trigger on one.

Posted by squirecam oldcurmudgeonstudios

oldcurmudgeonstudios wrote:
chaoticneutral262 wrote:

Axis and Allies is a favorite of mine, when I have enough people to play. I have the Big sets, Europe And Pacific 1940?, I think.
all versions are played at gencon, including that one. Takes a while though !

Do you play the online version?

Posted by lore seeker ryric

ryric wrote:
father bloodlust wrote:
The latest version of Deadlands just went out to Kickstarters this month, so should be readily available by August.

Nice! Didn't know a new edition was in the works.

Posted by oldcurmudgeonstudios squirecam

squirecam wrote:
chaoticneutral262 wrote:

all versions are played at gencon, including that one. Takes a while though !Do you play the online version?

I used to own a computer version. I'll have to check the online version out.

Posted by alans

Cult of the  Deep - I played during virtual Gen Con, and backed it on Kickstarter...

Posted by squirecam oldcurmudgeonstudios

squirecam wrote:
chaoticneutral262 wrote:

all versions are played at gencon, including that one. Takes a while though !Do you play the online version?

I used to own a computer version. I'll have to check the online version out.
You can play all versions, and many mods, with this program.

https://triplea-game.org/

Posted by kar8a

I wanna play things I can't play online, and at every game convention, I always play something new.

So, I'm hoping to play a new supers Tabletop RPG, a fun minis game set up, a group game like Werewolf or Two Rooms and a Boom, some new board game demo, and then a "Gencon only" event...plus if there's a paintable mini, I'll be painting:).

I also hope to drop in to my spouse's tabletop ICONS supers RPG games to meet folks.  So many folks repeat at Origins, and I'm betting some of them turn up at Gencon, too:).

Posted by qwaserity

I often tell people when they travel to do the things they can't do at home. My GenCon version includes:
Math Trade
AeroDrome
Whose Line Is It Anyway?
D&D Monster Mash (I replicated this in Tabletop Simulator but it's just not the same.)
Weird crossover games hosted with lots of love (notably the Harry Potter RPGs).

Posted by kidlidar lore seeker

father bloodlust wrote:
You can get the core rulebook from Pinnacle.  The published a 20th anniversary edition in 2018, and I think it's still in print.  Deadlands (Classic rules) is one of my favorite games to play.  Unique rules that make everyone pause.

Posted by therealeljeffe

The megagames are a tradition for my group of friends (e.g. watch the skies).

Privateer Press is wrapping up its kickstarter for a new edition of Iron Kingdoms, it likely wouldnt be ready by Gencon but would love to see some previews either in a panel or at the booth.

Posted by arcus

I haven’t been looking at much with everything going on so I may just wing-it for the most part.

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’ll be hitting up the Coolstuffinc booth a few times for their bags. I use them for groceries and after two years, these ones have just about had it!

Whoever said GenCon wasn’t good for the environment? Lol :)

Posted by crusader77

I plan on purchasing an academy games game or two... Vikings for sure!!! Also looking forward to running Blood and Plunder tourneys

Posted by lore seeker kidlidar

kidlidar wrote:
father bloodlust wrote:
You can get the core rulebook from Pinnacle.  The published a 20th anniversary edition in 2018, and I think it's still in print.  Deadlands (Classic rules) is one of my favorite games to play.  Unique rules that make everyone pause.

Cool! Thanks for the info!

Are the 20th Anniversary rules the same as the classic ones?

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3 4
1 3 4