Let's assume Gen Con happens...
1 3
1 3
Posted by fiddlemaster

"At this time we do not know whether or not vaccines will be required, though we strongly encourage all eligible community members to get vaccinated as soon as they are able!"

I wonder how we are going to prove we are vaccinated?

I wonder how the surrounding hotels and the ICC itself and any other venue used for GenCon will be able to regulate without bottlenecking entrance to the buildings that could take significant time?

Posted by mpagnotta310 fiddlemaster

fiddlemaster wrote:
"At this time we do not know whether or not vaccines will be required, though we strongly encourage all eligible community members to get vaccinated as soon as they are able!"
I wonder how the surrounding hotels and the ICC itself and any other venue used for GenCon will be able to regulate without bottlenecking entrance to the buildings that could take significant time?

When you get your first vaccine, you’re given a CDC card which lists the dates of your vaccinations and which vaccine you were given. That will be your proof of vaccination.

Posted by squirecam mpagnotta310

mpagnotta310 wrote:
fiddlemaster wrote:

When you get your first vaccine, you’re given a CDC card which lists the dates of your vaccinations and which vaccine you were given. That will be your proof of vaccination.
I was told at time of vaccination not to lose or destroy the card as companies or airlines might require it as proof. Thev have been working on a vaccine passport system for a few months now.

Posted by mikeboozer squirecam

squirecam wrote:
mpagnotta310 wrote:
fiddlemaster wrote:

I was told at time of vaccination not to lose or destroy the card as companies or airlines might require it as proof. Thev have been working on a vaccine passport system for a few months now. 

You are way off topic. There is a topic for this. Please get back to what games you are excited to play, buy, or observe.

Mike

Posted by mpagnotta310 squirecam

Off topic. deleted.

Mike

Posted by oldcurmudgeonstudios

Hey, all, I specifically set up this post for non-covid and related posts. There are plenty of other threads to discuss those topics. Thank you.

Thanks, Mike, for monitoring the thread.

Posted by toxic_rat

So, kinda back to the topic at hand.  Games that I'm hoping to play, by submitting as events this year.   :D

- Kingmaker.  This is an old Avalon Hill game, first published in 1974.  On a whim, a friend and I ran our first event 6 years ago, and figured we'd be the only ones playing.  We have had a full game every year we've played.  

- Quantum Rebellion.  This is a tabletop miniatures game of space fleet combat.  It started out using the Firestorm Armada ruleset, but when the owner of the Firestorm game went bankrupt, I started using my own rule mods for the game.

We've done Lords of Waterdeep in the past, but probably not this year.  Considering Pan Am, as that was a fun game.  I'm hoping that Foundations of Rome will be there this year.

Posted by helenbb

I am hoping that NASCRAG happens. And True Dungeon has said that they will be coming!

Posted by lore seeker helenbb

helenbb wrote:
And True Dungeon has said that they will be coming!

I don't even play True Dungeon, and I'm happy to hear that news. I think it bodes well for the con.

Posted by squirecam toxic_rat

toxic_rat wrote:
So, kinda back to the topic at hand.  Games that I'm hoping to play, by submitting as events this year.   :D
- Kingmaker.  This is an old Avalon Hill game, first published in 1974.  On a whim, a friend and I ran our first event 6 years ago, and figured we'd be the only ones playing.  We have had a full game every year we've played.  
- Quantum Rebellion.  This is a tabletop miniatures game of space fleet combat.  It started out using the Firestorm Armada ruleset, but when the owner of the Firestorm game went bankrupt, I started using my own rule mods for the game.
We've done Lords of Waterdeep in the past, but probably not this year.  Considering Pan Am, as that was a fun game.  I'm hoping that Foundations of Rome will be there this year.
I wish Waterdeep had a new expansion. Theres still so many things they can do with that game.

Since new Dragonlance novels are in the works, I'm hoping the do some more stuff with the license.

Posted by quarex helenbb

helenbb wrote:
I am hoping that NASCRAG happens. And True Dungeon has said that they will be coming!
I got the impression that NASCRAG was done by the tone of the announcement last year, but I have no doubt Nascragman will pop in soon and clear that up one way or another, haha.

I also agree with Father Bloodlust; I imagine I will never play True Dungeon, but the more like "flagship events" happening the better for everyone!

Posted by gib_rebeg quarex

quarex wrote:
helenbb wrote:
I got the impression that NASCRAG was done by the tone of the announcement last year, but I have no doubt Nascragman will pop in soon and clear that up one way or another, haha.I also agree with Father Bloodlust; I imagine I will never play True Dungeon, but the more like "flagship events" happening the better for everyone!
But I thought Nascrag made an announcement on the forums here pushing for in person cons, and took it as they wanted to be here this year.

Edited by the moderator: Taking this in a different direction then intended and off topic. 

Mike

Posted by helenbb

NASCRAG was at Online Gen Con last year, but they ran old modules and didn't hold their annual tournament. I'm hoping for a more traditional NASCRAG experience this year.

Posted by raptorov

True Dungeon may make me attend. Still on the fence, but as much as I have loved Virtual True Dungeon these many months, In Person True Dungeon would be awesome!

Posted by garhkal oldcurmudgeonstudios

oldcurmudgeonstudios wrote:
Are there any games you are especially looking forward to playing / playtesting / buying this summer?
PLay yes..  Have been without any gaming of any sort, since mar last year.. So i'd LOVE to get back to in person battle tech, X-wing minis, or adnd 2e.

As for buying..  Nothing.  Got everything i need, other than maybe some more figures.

Posted by anchalkapoormodel oldcurmudgeonstudios

[This post has been removed]

Posted by colbrook

I live abroad in a small country with no game stores, I'm looking forwards to bringing an empty suitcase and taking it back home full without having to pay exorbitant shipping, freight forwarding, and customs fees on everything (we get a tax free allowance on personal goods we bring back with us).

Posted by mpagnotta310

My hope is that SquareEnix has some sort of presence this year and that there's something for us Final Fantasy TCG players.

That game is the reason why I began attending GenCon. Back when I played M:tG, I'd always wanted to go to GenCon but didn't have the means. Then when I got the means I didn't have a reason because I'd been long out of M:tG and wanted a primary reason to go. Then FFTCG came about, I got back into the TCG mix, and in 2018 SquareEnix announced their major qualifier dates, and one of them coincided with GenCon.

It's because of that game I've made a ton of friends and given me a reason to attend GenCon. I'm not expecting anything major or huge, but some sort of presence would be nice.

Posted by thesuperskrull

I'm hoping to get in some rounds through True Dungeon and buy some Battletech mechs and vehicles from Iron Wind Metals (in person to avoid shipping). I'm hoping Catalyst has something new for Battletech (and that they make it to the show, obviously). 

Posted by garhkal thesuperskrull

thesuperskrull wrote:
I'm hoping to get in some rounds through True Dungeon and buy some Battletech mechs and vehicles from Iron Wind Metals (in person to avoid shipping). I'm hoping Catalyst has something new for Battletech (and that they make it to the show, obviously). 
IF catalyst does show, i wonder, will they still do the grinder this year??

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3
1 3